IGNORED

John Stones

He had personal issues apparently. Had a tattoo on his arm saying love you always. Every time I've heard him talk he sounded a real genuine well spoken individual. He says his issues were personal and it wasn't the right time to go public. Maybe the first openly gay footballer in the premiership? Obviously I'm just speculating but if that's the case I hope he has the courage to make it public if he feels he wants to.

• 1 month later...

Don't get your response

sorry, some on here said the same as you that he would be found out and then benched and replaced to ride on the bench for his career. I don't think he's the world beater man city thinks he is, but i was pointing out that even if he's bad, they dont' have anyone at CB to replace him with. So they'll just have to keep going with Stones and hope for the best till the window opens and they can buy someone.

so no, he's not the messiah nor the best thing since the greats of english CB.

Guest rusty747

The more I think about how much money we got for Stones, what we paid for Ashley Williams and the calibre of youngsters we have at EFC just waiting to break through into the first team, the more I smile.

John Stones? More like a very naughty boy than the messiah at the moment - and I am not sure if he will ever improve to the level that City require.

• 2 weeks later...

Even when City score v Barca there's still room for a dig at him :lol:. BBC...

"Barcelona concede a goal that Manchester City fans have already seen this season! Sergi Roberto does 'a John Stones' by playing a blind pass square across his own goal, Sergio Aguero intercepts, feeds the overlapping run of Raheem Sterling and his cross gives Ilkay Gundogan a tap-in!"

he strikes me as someone who thinks he's already there.... he talks of mistakes like it was part of the process to get him here he is now.... to me he is still a disaster waiting to happen. Yeah - looks good on the ball and all that stuff but he's not a top defender - he's a good footballer not a defender and yeah he makes silly unforced errors.

In the Telegraph match report the player marks out of 10, John Stones got 7. However, the comment said 'Will never face such formidable opponent. Made vital blocks to withstand first half pressure, but prone to daft mistakes.'

apparently he played suarez through on goal.... these are things Beckenbauer, Ferdinand, Maldini, Beresi either didn't do or did so very few times that you would be shocked.

with him its the norm.....

all this posturing and talking about being a ball playing classy centre half is starting to get on my nerves. Its like he's some sort of footballing royalty - give me Ashley Williams any day of the week.

Always thought he's been very grounded for a kid, still seems the case for me

It was my opinion for a while till this:-

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-comment-john-stones-criticism-11837959

he tried to re-write history..... very weak of him to blame a manager who had already been booted. He said he needed to move to change managers? The manager had already been sacked. At least be a man and be honest John.... all this whiter than white nonsense gets on my nerves.

It was my opinion for a while till this:-

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-comment-john-stones-criticism-11837959

he tried to re-write history..... very weak of him to blame a manager who had already been booted. He said he needed to move to change managers? The manager had already been sacked. At least be a man and be honest John.... all this whiter than white nonsense gets on my nerves.

Honestly, I don't see anything wrong in that interview at all

Honestly, I don't see anything wrong in that interview at all

Because Martinez was the one man who aside from Pep who would allow Stones to make the mistakes he made - at the time of the interview he is making out that he played that way because of Martinez... since then he has made exactly the same type of mistakes for the same principles in a Man City shirt.

Martinez protected Stones - not once did he throw him under a bus. If it wasn't for Martinez and he was still being managed by Moyes does anyone think we will have seen John Stones? no chance.... Distin would have been carted on the pitch and Stones would probably be on the Duffy/Mustafi/Dier route of needing to escape the club to play.

I called it out at the time - the Spurs cruyff turn was a watershed moment..... Stones announced himself to the premier league strikers as a fancy dan who will take chances and yeah he got nailed a few times (delayed lazy back pass to Howard etc). His confidence dropped as every game he played it was clear that opposing manager told their strikers to "get on him".... Martinez moved him to right back to take the pressure off him and he was pants there too.

"Stones claims that the so-called silent treatment from Martinez left him desperate to leave Everton and join Manchester City this summer."

Did Stones forget that Martinez was sacked before the end of the season? way before the transfer window was open..... that before he made the move to City we had just hired a manager who was one of the best football playing centre halves in the last 40 years?

He moved to city for the same reason he wanted to go to Chelsea.... which is fair enough - just don't insult our intelligence and stick the boot into a manager who indulged him far more than most would. He owes Martinez a lot.

Edited by Hafnia

• 1 month later...