IGNORED

John Stones

He can go for me. He'll probably end up being class, but I don't think he's as good as he thinks he is and I don't think we really need a ball playing centre half at the moment, just someone who can defend and doesn't just fuck off on flights of fancy every now and then! Van Dijk would be good, or Bonucci(!) as he's supposedly City's back up option to Stones, but I'm not sure either would come.

The price has definitely increased from £50 million since last year for me though! £75 mill should do it ;)

Seems Stones has managed to get a move without actually saying anything to the press. Lost his loyalty bonus by handing in a transfer request last year... some won't do that as they are greedy.... they try and create unrest as a means of getting round it.

And a manager with class would've said we don't speak about players at other clubs. It's not hard.

Yeah. He should just stick to winning trophies and stop chatting about our precious player (who we abused quite vicously several times last season).

It is what it is. He's going.

The forum goes into mental meltdown every pre season!!!

Yeah. He should just stick to winning trophies and stop chatting about our precious player (who we abused quite vicously several times last season).

It is what it is. He's going.

The forum goes into mental meltdown every pre season!!!

What about anything I've said constitutes a meltdown? :unsure:

Managers shouldn't talk about players that are under contract at another club. I don't care who they are. If Koeman does it then I won't like that either.

Yeah he probably is going and I'm not arsed to be honest. Nothing I've said was about Stones, so I'm not sure what you're waffling about, Newts!

What about anything I've said constitutes a meltdown? :unsure:

Managers shouldn't talk about players that are under contract at another club. I don't care who they are. If Koeman does it then I won't like that either.

Yeah he probably is going and I'm not arsed to be honest. Nothing I've said was about Stones, so I'm not sure what you're waffling about, Newts!

I said the forum goes into meltdown Sir, the forum.

Sorry. My mistake. I hold my hands up. I appear to be waffling on about Stones. In the Stones thread. What an absolute twat I am. Lukaku's fault.

(By the way, if nothing you have said is about Stones, then what does 'Guardiola has confirmed they are interested in signing Stones' mean?! :unsure: )

Edited by Newty82

I said the forum goes into meltdown Sir, the forum.

Sorry. My mistake. I hold my hands up. I appear to be waffling on about Stones. In the Stones thread. What an absolute twat I am. Lukaku's fault.

How absolutely insane of me to think what you said related to the post you quoted.

You live and you learn. You learnt you're a twat and I learnt that people quote posts but don't actually respond to said quoted post. We both win.

How absolutely insane of me to think what you said related to the post you quoted.

You live and you learn. You learnt you're a twat and I learnt that people quote posts but don't actually respond to said quoted post. We both win.

Hahaha. I like it. Snappy.

I didn't learn I'm a twat though. That's not new to me.

I could carry it on, but I'm going to be honest and say I'm just being a naughty little fucker. You could learn from my honesty...come on, stand up, chest out, shoulders back and say with me 'Im a twat'.

(And before he jumps in...piss off MarkJazzWhatever!)

Edited by Newty82

Hahaha. I like it. Snappy.

I didn't learn I'm a twat though. That's not new to me.

I could carry it on, but I'm going to be honest and say I'm just being a naughty little fucker. You could learn from my honesty...come on, stand up, chest out, shoulders back and say with me 'Im a twat'.

(And before he jumps in...piss off MarkJazzWhatever!)

Newty, I've been a self-confessed twat for years :lol:.

Just to get back on track...John Stones...can I mention him here?!

Anyone seen that caption...

City have offered Everton £50million plus Raheem Sterling. Everton are holding out for the £50million.

Haha. Great stuff.

almost had a heart attack when i read plus raheem sterling. i then collected myself and read it again, very funny whomever made that one up :rofl:

I know every news source in the world is trying to sell him, but are we sure he wants to leave so desperately? Last year he threw in a transfer request to get out, he's not done that this time (yet). Maybe he's pretty easy about it now?? Maybe thinking of the club are happy to sell then I'm happy to go, if not I'll stay and see what happens?

Just a thought. Some of the abuse he's getting here for not actually kicking up a fuss is mental. I'm happy to give the kid a break and wish him the best regardless. Win win situation for Everton this one.

This doesn't surprise me.

John's being a bit of a dick though, whichever way you look at it. 2 years on the bounce, he's announced himself to other clubs hoping one will pick him up. I understand the reasons for moving to a "bigger" club (10/15 years ago you could have laughed about the notion of Chelsea/City being bigger clubs) but if your heart was set on moving to Chelsea (for London, Mourinho or whatever else), you probably should go for the reasons you originally wanted to leave for.

Can you please quote where he has announced himself to other clubs? Or actually just once quite where he's been a dick?

If I was Stones I'd have fucked off by now. The majority of the fans of this club are downright out of order and are forcing him out if anything.

Not one direct quote, not one single piece of evidence other than pure speculation from the media suggesting he has said he wants to leave.

He hasn't gone about it the wrong way like others at this club have.

I'm getting sick and tired of people slating him and grinding him down, booing him at matches and publicly attacking him in person. Half of you should be ashamed.

Can you please quote where he has announced himself to other clubs? Or actually just once quite where he's been a dick?

If I was Stones I'd have fucked off by now. The majority of the fans of this club are downright out of order and are forcing him out if anything.

Not one direct quote, not one single piece of evidence other than pure speculation from the media suggesting he has said he wants to leave.

He hasn't gone about it the wrong way like others at this club have.

I'm getting sick and tired of people slating him and grinding him down, booing him at matches and publicly attacking him in person. Half of you should be ashamed.

The transfer request last year to push the Chelsea transfer through is probably the only evidence admittedly but just because something isn't public, doesn't mean it hasn't happened ;)

Bold Blue - Like who? If you want to use me as an example (which i'm sure you're alluding to), I've made my thoughts quite clear, i'd LOVE John to stay. I'd have him here over Lukaku (who's you're also referring to in the reply) any day of the week. He's the one player in the squad who I genuinely believe can become World Class and I want some of that at Everton.

Black Bold - Haf? :lol:

Orange Bold - Completely agree, think he's been used as a scapegoat for most of last year (thanks partly to the 1st transfer request) and the year before, he's been a damn site better than people have suggested (one of best players at the start of last season). I don't get the booing at all. Doesn't send out a good message to players or improve our image as a club.

But as others have also alluded to, my post doesn't ABUSE him, not in the slightest.

The transfer request last year to push the Chelsea transfer through is probably the only evidence admittedly but just because something isn't public, doesn't mean it hasn't happened ;)

Bold Blue - Like who? If you want to use me as an example (which i'm sure you're alluding to), I've made my thoughts quite clear, i'd LOVE John to stay. I'd have him here over Lukaku (who's you're also referring to in the reply) any day of the week. He's the one player in the squad who I genuinely believe can become World Class and I want some of that at Everton.

Black Bold - Haf? :lol:

Orange Bold - Completely agree, think he's been used as a scapegoat for most of last year (thanks partly to the 1st transfer request) and the year before, he's been a damn site better than people have suggested (one of best players at the start of last season). I don't get the booing at all. Doesn't send out a good message to players or improve our image as a club.

But as others have also alluded to, my post doesn't ABUSE him, not in the slightest.

I'm not having a pop at you at all mate I'm sorry if it came across that way, it's just every post is on about him wanting to go and there's is zero proof in that.

Lets call out the elephant in the room here - we have two "valuable" young players who want to leave and get more money, medals, play with players that they want autographs from or whatever.... one is Stones - one is Lukaku,

Both players are not at the level people associate with top end players. One is a good footballer but poor at defending - the other is a poor footballer but good at scoring.

However - it seems that people believe that they can reach the heights we hoped they could at Everton, hence despite having poor/non existent international tournaments they are still seen as valuable.

Will stones become a good defender? - yes - a decent one, not world class, he will bulk up and get better in the air. Will he become a Carragher/Terry/Adams/Watson/Campbell centre half who dominates the opponents striker? No. He will look the part on the ball, he needs an old head next to him.

I would like more than £50m for him just because they wasted that on Raheem Sterling.

Rom? well my thoughts are clear on him, he has poor touch, poor attitude and that isn't gonna improve. His streaky goal form that plasters over his poor games does not kid me.

Who is leaking all of these Stones stories, for the last two seasons now?

The consensus is that we are notoriously guarded about transfers and nobody knows until it's done, and I can't see it being City as they are fairly dignified and that respect as well (since the Lescott days at least) so I suspect that it's always been his 'camp'.

Sooner gone the better for me, but everybody knows we have ~£50m to invest now, so that's not a great starting position when we are negotiating.

The clubs trying to buy him mate.

Nah, wrong that Mark. He isn't a worldie, but he is a damn good keeper. Better than anything we have had for a while.

This. I'd be happy with £50m alone. Throw in Hart and it's a no brainier. Plus he does that sweet yell in the tunnel before the match thing

all things being relative i think hart is staying. they haven't been linked with any keepers and guardiola hasn't mentioned it either. i don't think he's even available. Bony is the only one they're looking to get rid of that's worthwhile. Sterling, mangala, etc aren't worth it in my opinion.

all things being relative i think hart is staying. they haven't been linked with any keepers and guardiola hasn't mentioned it either. i don't think he's even available. Bony is the only one they're looking to get rid of that's worthwhile. Sterling, mangala, etc aren't worth it in my opinion.

I would take Bony but not if it means getting less for Stones. Would rather just max the fee