IGNORED

John Stones

If I'm honest he made it as plain as he could at the Euro's he wanted the move to city. It was public knowledge with the players there so I'm with Markjazz.

The lads a shithouse if you want to go make it public put in a transfer request were gonna get way over the odds for him anyway so who gives a shit?? He obviously thinks he's better than he actually is, a defender who struggles to defend.

If I'm honest he made it as plain as he could at the Euro's he wanted the move to city. It was public knowledge with the players there so I'm with Markjazz.

The lads a shithouse if you want to go make it public put in a transfer request were gonna get way over the odds for him anyway so who gives a shit?? He obviously thinks he's better than he actually is, a defender who struggles to defend.

i agree. everyone gets hard when he strides out past the center line with the ball, but just forgets that he has no aerial presence and has issues marking his man.

Which player told you that?

I'm fairly sure he will have already told Koeman whether the or not he wants to leave so I think people calling him a shithouse for being dignified about it is massivelyharsh IMO

I agree; and I think £50m isn't enough anyway.

Why hasn't he been quoted then?

Or is he just a media genius?

I'd imagine that 90% of leaks to the press are from an 'unknown source'.

Info is probably given with the proviso that the provider is not revealed. Agents will certainly have close relationships with certain journos and if that reporter were to breach trust and reveal who had said what then he'll not be getting any scoops again. Didn't the BBC have the scoop on him submitting a request last time as well; maybe same reporter and same mole.

Link to last years scoop here in fact, with terminology such as 'it is understood that' which generally might mean 'we have been told but can't tell you by whom':

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34079982

Very few players or agents are daft enough to be quoted or worse still, say stuff in person on camera. Lukaku has clearly proven to be that stupid and has/ will continue to pay the price for doing so.

Edited by Baba

For the first time in a long time we have absolutely no need to sell from a money point of view (if John really wants out then that needs to be taken into consideration, but I'm talking here only about our financial situation). We already have cash to spend, as does every other Prem club, and there isn't enough talent to go around.

So fleece the fuckers!!! 50 million from City? That's an absolute joke in today's market. City paid more than that for Raheem Sterling, a player with nowhere near the future Stones will have (simply because of the position he plays - wingers don't last long at the top level, Giggs was an anomaly). Push them up to the 80 million mark, or 50 plus Mangala.

I don't get this John Stones slating... for one he has dealt with everything in a dignified manner.

Even when he had his "calm down" gesture to the park end he said fook all to the press... do people think he wasn't approached for an answer about that? Or has he said anything about us rejecting chelsea's offer? No. He was called a fuckin rat by some nob head and yet he has said nothing.

If he wants to move then he's at least managed to keep his trap shut for almost a whole year. Agents talk to the clubs... the clubs talk to each other. The players talk to the manager and agent.

Some go to the press to pimp themselves out... this lad hasn't. If he did there would be a quote. There is not one.

then wheres it coming from haf? not us or City (as baba above said). it's john and his agent. not man enough to hand in a request or talk to the manager so he has his agent leak stuff to the press to try and push a move. he's a pussy haf.

If man city and Everton are talking about a fee and are said to be close.... then why would stones be doing leaks? What is the point?

He's been far from a pussy.... he's been quite professional about it.

If man city and Everton are talking about a fee and are said to be close.... then why would stones be doing leaks? What is the point?

He's been far from a pussy.... he's been quite professional about it.

All football fans have to irrationally and holistically hate any player who wants to leave their club.

I suppose that's you then? Love all you're ex girlfriends to?

What? You think that every fan should always hate a player who wants to move on? Fair enough.

Do I love all my ex-girlfriends? I'd need to do some research on that but for sure they all still love me (in secret).

What? You think that every fan should always hate a player who wants to move on? Fair enough.

Do I love all my ex-girlfriends? I'd need to do some research on that but for sure they all still love me (in secret).

No I'm suggesting it's human nature to hold slight bitterness when a player turns his back on the club. It's certainly not insanity.

Guardiola has confirmed they're interested in signing Stones.

Not sure why he's publicly talking about a player under contract at another club like. Looks like the classless club have got a classless manager.

This doesn't surprise me.

John's being a bit of a dick though, whichever way you look at it. 2 years on the bounce, he's announced himself to other clubs hoping one will pick him up. I understand the reasons for moving to a "bigger" club (10/15 years ago you could have laughed about the notion of Chelsea/City being bigger clubs) but if your heart was set on moving to Chelsea (for London, Mourinho or whatever else), you probably should go for the reasons you originally wanted to leave for.

At present its, "any club is better than Everton" in approach and that seems shady. Why the change of heart from Chelsea to City? Is it money? Not sure.

Is it the manager? If so, you probably should stick around and see what this (Koeman) one's like before you just fuck off.

Is it the club? We are going places John, you could write yourself into our history.

Is it the location? Manchester's just down the road pal but I can understand the appeal of London. Shame you'll have less cash in your pocket living there like, 1.5m will get you a cosy 1 bed studio apartment. £1.5m in Cheshire will get you a fucking mansion.

Is it Europe? Understand why you're not attracted by Chelsea on that one but realistically, we'll see City fall out at the first sign of pressure.

Is it the fans? You could end up at the City of Manchester stadium, where they give away tickets in BOGOF offers and European games with less attendance than Crewe Alexandra.

You'll have your reasons pal, I don't hate you like the younger fans but lets be consistent mate and give us a genuine reason (or two) as to why, without giving the new gaffer a go. Money isn't a problem for us anymore, so if you go turd again and the value drops, we don't care, just get rid because you're actually not as good as we'd hoped (although I think you're awesome).

Not sure why he's publicly talking about a player under contract at another club like. Looks like the classless club have got a classless manager.

agreed, i can't stand pep. my buddy at work is a massive bayern fan and he left a sour taste in their mouths. ribery just came out today saying pep is too young and doesn't know how to manage players, too dependent on tactics. has said he loves ancelotti (and all the previous bayern managers while he's been there like jupp heyneckes) and is glad pep is gone.

He was asked by a journo.

All he said was 'He is a player for Everton. Everyone knows we want to sign him, but I don't know what's going to happen'.

City's interest was confirmed before he said anything.

Looks like he'll be off then. Not surprised...you can't really keep a player against his wishes for 2 years in a row. Just get top whack for him and move on nicely.

He was asked by a journo.

All he said was 'He is a player for Everton. Everyone knows we want to sign him, but I don't know what's going to happen'.

City's interest was confirmed before he said anything.

Looks like he'll be off then. Not surprised...you can't really keep a player against his wishes for 2 years in a row. Just get top whack for him and move on nicely.

And a manager with class would've said we don't speak about players at other clubs. It's not hard.

According to the Telegraph Sport today, Manchester City have opened discussions with Everton over signing defender John Stones. At a press conference in China, while Stones was not mentioned by name, Guardiola described his preferred centre-half as one who could bring the ball out from the back, before making a transparent reference to the transfer window..............'By August 31 we will have the right players to play where we want'.