IGNORED

John Stones

Arsenal were clearing debt and being sensible. Debt cleared, 40m on 2 players back to back seasons.

Mori could prove a bargain, give him 2 seasons before you judge him. Rom our most expensive yes, became one of our best scorers in decades, leading scorer in Europe after 2 seasons. Money well spent.

Really don't see your point now.

point is we need to have a strategy like arse. we need a stadium and should be spending sensibly (like they did) to buy stadium and still compete. i fear RM is like the guy who lands the big job and newly rich just goes about buying all the big things because he can instead of being sensible. mori is great and all but why spend that much on him? wanted him so bad he spunked, we heard the reports the last minute clauses and instead of pulling out and waiting till jan and making the right price he spunks. that's bad negotiating and a lack of patience.

i want us to sell stones and romelu eventually Haf but in the same stroke i fear RM spunking on big buys instead of being sensible. that's my inner struggle.

not really a bargain matt for mori. tha'ts like saying rom was a bargain. paid 28m get 40m, bargain see? no. doesn't work like that. overpaid both times and they should increase in value that's the plan with every player in theory. i worry RM is in over his head with the transfers that's all. Some very good buys with Gerry, Clev, Lennon, Galloway, etc. But some questionable too in addtion to the above Barry (too long a deal), mccarthy (too much), mcgeady (why?), robles (why sign if you won't play him), besic (again why buy wont play), etc.

time will tell guys

Mark, I'm on my phone so can't really go into as much depth as I want. Dude, regarding Mori, he could be a bargain at 10m in the current transfer market. It's impossible to judge him yet. Plus, we were crying out for CB back up, now we got a (seemingly) quality one its money thrown away in a panic?! Just FYI - pretty sure spunked means something very different in the U.S. ;)

McCarthy too much?! 3 year deal for one of the longest serving CMs in the league who looked impressive in his first season (excellent coach for McCarthy). 24m (still all we paid) for Rom with an expected double your money bid possible, meanwhile goals that got us to 5th, trough Europe... Yes a bargain. Can't be arsed answering the rest.

Yes, we need a new stadium. Arsenal got bought after being one of the best teams in Europe for a few years, situated in the capital. Tasty proposition for a billionaire with a good business mind. We're a completely different setup compared to them when they were bought out.

Don't mean to sound rude mate, but there's a serious amount of naivity and kneejerk in the recent posts.

Mark, I'm on my phone so can't really go into as much depth as I want. Dude, regarding Mori, he could be a bargain at 10m in the current transfer market. It's impossible to judge him yet. Plus, we were crying out for CB back up, now we got a (seemingly) quality one its money thrown away in a panic?! Just FYI - pretty sure spunked means something very different in the U.S. ;)

McCarthy too much?! 3 year deal for one of the longest serving CMs in the league who looked impressive in his first season (excellent coach for McCarthy). 24m (still all we paid) for Rom with an expected double your money bid possible, meanwhile goals that got us to 5th, trough Europe... Yes a bargain. Can't be arsed answering the rest.

Yes, we need a new stadium. Arsenal got bought after being one of the best teams in Europe for a few years, situated in the capital. Tasty proposition for a billionaire with a good business mind. We're a completely different setup compared to them when they were bought out.

Don't mean to sound rude mate, but there's a serious amount of naivity and kneejerk in the recent posts.

Matt you're fine were on an Internet forum I'm not offended. Maybe you're right, time will tell. For me a bargain is Coleman, Ross Barkley, Gerry, players that cost little and offer value many many many many times over that. But that's me. Buying for 28 and selling for 40 isn't bargain that's standard business and how we should expect deals. But maybe I hold us to too high a standard. Wenger and levy always get too dollar for their players but you're right maybe the finances of those clubs has more to do with that.

Did you think he looked a potential captain today ?

To me he only looks half interested,if he makes a mistake he doesn't look bothered.

I think his recent games are par for the course. He's got to learn. He will learn. He's a bit too big for his boots at the moment. Every mistake is a lesson learned.

If you read further back I state why he shouldn't be a captain just now.

Edited by Hafnia

Did you think he looked a potential captain today ?

To me he only looks half interested,if he makes a mistake he doesn't look bothered.

totally agree. He seems to me like he wants to do the showy stuff but not the graft. At one point in the second half he lost the ball and couldn't be arsed running back. He doesn't look like he wants to be here.

I think his recent games are par for the course. He's got to learn. He will learn. He's a bit too big for his boots at the moment. Every mistake is a lesson learned.

If you read further back I state why he shouldn't be a captain just now.

agreed, though he needs to stop this little slump. Brilliant in moments but has cost us goals in the last 3-4 games that wouldn't have happened last season. Just a young player dealing with the hype, he'll be back to his best in no time.

To be honest Romey, he's as good as finished for me. He handed a request in and is playing half hearted. The request you can accept because of his age but he's had a face light a slapped arse ever since and he's been absolutely awful. He's been at the heart of a lot of the goals conceded.

I watched him at Swansea away and he was class, pure class. Never seen a 21 year old play like that before. Too easy for him at times. Major overreaction about him not wanting to be here though. He made a mistake like many others have done this season. Doesn't mean he did it because he doesn't care about the club. It was just an incorrect judgement of the ball. Nothing more. He'll be back to usual self next week you watch and we'll all be saying how he's a 50 million pound defender again.

Edited by Geth

Due to the press, hype, whatever - Stoney is held to a higher standard than some other players. Whether that is fair or not is a personal judgment call, but I think its the truth. And when someone of his caliber has poor or even mediocre games, it is highlighted even more than some average Joe Schmuck. He hasn't been the best and has cost us goals, so *some* criticism is warranted in this case. There is no doubt he will continue to grow and flourish, but any rough patches are gonna be talked about. Look at Hazard and Harry Kane - same shit is happening to them (although Kane has since made some positive progress). Hazard on the other hand has sucked mooseballs since August.

I wonder what he thinks of the potential move to Chelsea right now that they are a total joke at the moment? Regrets or do you think he's happy here? Aside from the bread, Stamford Bridge probably isn't like spending a week at the Magic Kingdom with Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy. Well, actually Mou is pretty much Goofy these days.

I wonder what he thinks of the potential move to Chelsea right now that they are a total joke at the moment? Regrets or do you think he's happy here? Aside from the bread, Stamford Bridge probably isn't like spending a week at the Magic Kingdom with Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy. Well, actually Mou is pretty much Goofy these days.

I was just thinking about this too. But it was mou who wanted him so the new guy might want a different CB. He will still be wanted by others, he's quality and Englishman and with the new FA rules he is valuable.

I was just thinking about this too. But it was mou who wanted him so the new guy might want a different CB. He will still be wanted by others, he's quality and Englishman and with the new FA rules he is valuable.

True.

When you look at our back line, you would think that it would be a brick wall - Howard notwithstanding at the moment - so I'm not sure what's happening? Can't blame Jags absence because he made some errors as well. I think we have some insane talent back there, and if they just work things out and get a groove happening, we can stop being this up-and-down mid table club and actually be top 4 contenders. I really think that this is the big variable to our progress.

Howard had a very decent game - he did what he was supposed to do - really no more or no less. The problem is that his unpredictable nature is a big part of this up-and-down thing we have going on. If he starts being consistent, then I can see RM backing him the way he currently does. If he sucks ass next week, then I think its time for Robles to step in.

Edited by chalkpie

I watched him at Swansea away and he was class, pure class. Never seen a 21 year old play like that before. Too easy for him at times. Major overreaction about him not wanting to be here though. He made a mistake like many others have done this season. Doesn't mean he did it because he doesn't care about the club. It was just an incorrect judgement of the ball. Nothing more. He'll be back to usual self next week you watch and we'll all be saying how he's a 50 million pound defender again.

Critisism isn't isolated to the game yesterday,

He handed a request in and is playing half hearted.

If Stones had been a defender that throws himself in the way of everything and generally puts his body on the line and was then making these sort of sloppy errors then I'd agree that his performances have become half-hearted. However, he's never been a John Terry or Phil Jagielka type defender. He's always been a defender that looks like he's not really trying and it's cost him recently.

He may want to play for a so called bigger and better club, but at the same time I don't think that means that he doesn't want to be here. Like I said at the time of the transfer request; he'd go if we could agree a deal but would be fine to stay as well. I don't think that's changed because he has also put in some excellent performances too. He's young and inconsistent, that's all I believe we're seeing.

Guest rusty747

He is just a young lad who has been unsettled by Chelski and poorly advised by a money grabbing agent. We are all now trying to deal with the fall out of that little episode.

There is no doubt that Stones is a quality player and, as such, he is entitled to a temporary dip in form. The real question is regarding what's going on inside his head. No matter how level headed he is, recent events must have toppled his gyros a bit and I suspect his agent is still whispering 'January' in his ear. It must be very unsettling for him and he needs to feel the love imho, not be ostracised.

I think Roberto is great for him psychologically but we do need to look at our entire defensive coaching set up. There will be times when we need a smash and grab 0-1 victory if we are to challenge for the top 4. At the moment we just can't come close to doing that - and that is not John Stones fault.

Edited by rusty747

There's no way he's not trying. Why would he do that? His worth would go down immediately in the eyes of potential suitors, and he'd garner an unwanted reputation.

My biggest concern is that, for the rest of the year, he won't have the experience and mentoring of Jagielka right there with him. That, unfortunately, is going to be a huge loss.

If Stones had been a defender that throws himself in the way of everything and generally puts his body on the line and was then making these sort of sloppy errors then I'd agree that his performances have become half-hearted. However, he's never been a John Terry or Phil Jagielka type defender. He's always been a defender that looks like he's not really trying and it's cost him recently.

He may want to play for a so called bigger and better club, but at the same time I don't think that means that he doesn't want to be here. Like I said at the time of the transfer request; he'd go if we could agree a deal but would be fine to stay as well. I don't think that's changed because he has also put in some excellent performances too. He's young and inconsistent, that's all I believe we're seeing.

Totally agree

Yes he has made mistakes but no more than he did last season, I just think people have been itching for a chance to get on his back since the transfer request

Mori has been just as culpable as Stones ,or Jags for that matter , yet people are waxing lyrical about him

Totally agree

Yes he has made mistakes but no more than he did last season, I just think people have been itching for a chance to get on his back since the transfer request

Mori has been just as culpable as Stones ,or Jags for that matter , yet people are waxing lyrical about him

There always has to be something sinister behind everything at Everton!