IGNORED

Everton v Tottenham Hotspur Match History 1897-2012

THFC6061

I think we need another three players to be honest, a right winger a midfielder and forward. I'd love Ince here can play either side aswell as just behind the striker. Hope he doesnt go to the red shite.

Again, who gives a fuck what they do sometimes, we're better prepared to finish ahead of them anyway when the league ends, so let them and West Ham fight amongst themselves for a mid table finish. Couldn't care less about either. Ok we made hard work of it again today from all that I can ascertain but still won the game and got the three points and we have ourselves a european cup place as it stands and some new faces are expected to arrive in the next window. Most supporters would have bitten off proverbial hands had this been offered at start of season, so although a bumpy ride thus far, and opportunities missed, we are still in a great position to challenge as it stands this night.

More importantly....wtf is the Spurs fans singing "When the Saints (Spurs) go marching in...." at half speed all about?

Sounds like they're at a funeral....annoys the f'ck out of me..

More importantly....wtf is the Spurs fans singing "When the Saints (Spurs) go marching in...." at half speed all about?

Sounds like they're at a funeral....annoys the f'ck out of me..

Spurs fans have bee singing it for years but its when the Spurs go Marching in and it starts Slowly and gets louder and faster, traditionally it used to start in the Park lane end, then the West stand would start, followed by the Paxton and by the time it got to the shelf it was really loud and fast, does not have the same effect when we are away

They should have left it to the original club for it, just as Liverpool did when they stole one from Celtic etc. Teams shouldn't replicate anothers songs and anthems.

If you look at the next fixtures, there is Stoke City and West Ham away, quite tough games actually, Wigan and Chelsea at home, which I feel a bit apprehensive about, then into the new year with games with Newcastle and Swansea and of course the small matter of a potential upset at Hereford or Chelmsford City. It's going to tough for the next few weeks but we do have the capabiliites to do something, but chances will have to be taken in front of goal, that hasn't always been seen in recent weeks.

Spurs fans have bee singing it for years but its when the Spurs go Marching in and it starts Slowly and gets louder and faster, traditionally it used to start in the Park lane end, then the West stand would start, followed by the Paxton and by the time it got to the shelf it was really loud and fast, does not have the same effect when we are away

Tell them to stop it....it annoys medry.png .

It's not even your club anthem. Just leave it alone.

Almost as bad as when Watford stole Z-Cars from us damn it.

Don't Tottenham have their own club song without stealing from others. Yes there was a famous one in the 1960s with Nicholson and that great side of the time called 'Glory Glory' etc, that sounded much better. should have stayed with that.

I suspect what annoys you Mike is:

A) the vacuum cleaning while the football is on the TV and ...

cool.png the lack of beer in the fridge ready for the football on the TV

First one does but happily if the fridge is bare then at this time of year I just nip to the bottom of the garden and the stockpile in the shed is nicely chilledbiggrin.png .

Again, who gives a fuck what they do sometimes, we're better prepared to finish ahead of them anyway when the league ends, so let them and West Ham fight amongst themselves for a mid table finish. Couldn't care less about either. Ok we made hard work of it again today from all that I can ascertain but still won the game and got the three points and we have ourselves a european cup place as it stands and some new faces are expected to arrive in the next window. Most supporters would have bitten off proverbial hands had this been offered at start of season, so although a bumpy ride thus far, and opportunities missed, we are still in a great position to challenge as it stands this night.

moyes has said there wont be but maybe thats to keep prices down.

coleman proved today imo he's good enough to stay rightback, when mirillas is back he will be better still naismith has been dreadful imo reminds me of kilbane for some reason just runs all day but never seems to complete a pass or get a decent cross in would have oviedo on before him but he's a left sider and pienaar and baines dont ever need to be broke up so maybe just bringing him on for now is ok.

4th is all down to us, its not 5 games in no more keep the 3 points coming and we could really take that step up this and next year where we should be!

To replace who from today's starting XI? Or just as back up?

We need a first team striker to push Jelly for a start or a first team right wide man which would allow Super Kev to play the Tevez/Aguero role and let Felli drop deeper if needs be

Nice words and your thoughts are appreciated although I prefer Millwall as a favorite London side, although we don't play them much anymore.

It's a good feeling to beat Tottenham Hotspur. They are a recognized good, efficient side and difficult to beat, and we were more than pleased about todays outcome even though yet again we probably didn't fully deserve the three points. I probably favor you out of the two main North London teams.

Yes we were poor again at times, but the scoreline in itself, is something to be proud of. It's a great feeling to have beaten Tottenham today, I recognize them as a decent side and difficult opposition and we have ourselves a win - Mighty Fine. I think you have Coventry City in the FA cup third round next month. Better days for me back in 1987 but I think you have the capabilities to go further and we may even meet again in subsequent rounds. You never know,

Thanks for stopping by.

Can't express how happy I am about those closing scenes from Jela's substitution! The Moyes hug and the familial attitude from literally everyone. I don't think there was one person he didn't high five. That win meant a lot to us, the goal was a huge relief to him and you could see that everyone appreciated it.

Also, Mirallas looked pretty psyched for him. No animosity there...but we already knew that.

Great comments from the Spurs fans, much appreciated fella's!! Likewise if we don't get fourth I'd rather it went to Spurs, really don't like Arsenal. Great Scene's from Jelly at the end! And he knicked that guys hat in the crowd! Haha great to see everyone supporting him on the bench as well, haven't seen Moyes celebrate like that for a while! Big Big win the race for fourth, just gotta keep it up against the weaker teams coming up now and with Chelsea out in Japan, Lets push for 3rd!! :lol:

Edited by GoodisonRoad

Just been having a laugh reading the Spurs forums, apparently Baines is the only player who would make their team

Must've been one of the more partisan forums - there isn't another Spurs fan I know who wouldn't like to see Fellaini, Jelavic, Mirallas, the "Everton" version of Pienaar all in the white shirt.

Speaking of Pienaar, glad we didn't completely ruin him - obviously it's gutting that he scored against us, but he's a cracking little player, never really got a decent run in our team under Redknapp (who ostricised a lot of talented players like Kranjcar / Bentley / Corluka / Pavyluchenko / Pienaar during his tenure), he looks a natural Evertonian anyway, good to see him back at his spiritual home and doing the business.

As for those of you slating our chants - have some compassion please, we're already getting grief left right and centre already about what we should and shouldn't be singing :)

Incidentally, I must admit - "COYB" is Evertons. To me, you lot are the real Blues in this league, a club with real history. Not like the Chavs from West London and the Nouvea Riche from Manchester

I hope in a way that there was a little animosity... a bit of attitude that needed to be quashed because the way in which it does get sorted can send a clear message out "we are in this together - no individuals in this team".

I do think that maybe jela was showing signs of petulence/arrogance and frustration. Mirrallas can hold on to the ball too much at times but hey if a striker wasn't getting the ball when he wanted it and didnt voice his frustrations I would be concerned, just as I would if a wide player wasn't prepared to have a go at beating his man. It's about time we had some big personalities for Moyes to deal with - they can be the difference between 4th and 8th. It's how they are dealt with that is key.

We've got a good group of lads, and I like the way that Moyes has singled out Gibson as a focal point as if to say "oi, don't think you can come here and ping the odd ball around and think you are doing well, you can be a great player for us if you 'boss' games and not just contribute"

Gibson is looking a very smart buy, but I do think there is much more to come from him if Moyes can get at his mind. He can be a top top midfielder in a Danny Murphy - mould but better, for me one of Liverpools most underrated players of recent times.

There is a definate need to replace Naismith on the right, he's got the turning ability and acceleration of the QE2. He's game and plucky but it's not enough. Need reinforcements in Jan a couple of smart loan deals please.