IGNORED

James McCarthy

Can't tell you how happy I am that we've finally got him here. I've been watching him since he was 17 and only wish we'd had the foresight to sign him from Hamilton for the £1.2million Wigan got him for.

We probably have overpaid slightly but we're the only ones to blame for that, and I fully believe he'll repay that fee anyway.

Can't tell you how happy I am that we've finally got him here. I've been watching him since he was 17 and only wish we'd had the foresight to sign him from Hamilton for the £1.2million Wigan got him for.

We probably have overpaid slightly but we're the only ones to blame for that, and I fully believe he'll repay that fee anyway.

Maybe £3-£4m over paid - thats been offset by the £6m I think I would count ourselves lucky to get extra for felli. £22m would have been ok with me there.

Guest rusty747

Comes across very well in the interview. Obviously has a great attitude and we know that he is technically and tacticly very good. I think we might be on to a winner here.

As an Accies fan I have followed James McCathy's career closely. The guy is without doubt a star in the making.

When you compare the number of first team appearances against his age he has always been well ahead of players in his age group.

At 17 he was the best player at Accies when they won the First Division in 2008, at 18 we was voted Scotalnd's Young Player of the Year after one season in the SPL and moved to Wigan. Now at 22 he has won the FA Cup and won a move to a top Premiership club. Time will tell but if he continues his progression he will be a star at Goodison and as I ahve always said , just wait until he reaches 26-28 age bracket , he just might be something special.

He has a superb passing range, he has a bit of pace, he can tackle, he can score goals despite this lacking at Wigan he was Accies joint top scorer in the SPL.

More than anything James has a football brain, he has always been able to anticipate and get in the right positions to break up play and drive forward.

At Wigan he learnt to release passes earlier and raerely gives the ball away, however he makes mistakes as he is still young , but with the right coaching and the better players Everton have beside him, in years to come you might think £13m is a bargain.

Thanks for that. Appreciated.

As an Accies fan I have followed James McCathy's career closely. The guy is without doubt a star in the making.

When you compare the number of first team appearances against his age he has always been well ahead of players in his age group.

At 17 he was the best player at Accies when they won the First Division in 2008, at 18 we was voted Scotalnd's Young Player of the Year after one season in the SPL and moved to Wigan. Now at 22 he has won the FA Cup and won a move to a top Premiership club. Time will tell but if he continues his progression he will be a star at Goodison and as I ahve always said , just wait until he reaches 26-28 age bracket , he just might be something special.

He has a superb passing range, he has a bit of pace, he can tackle, he can score goals despite this lacking at Wigan he was Accies joint top scorer in the SPL.

More than anything James has a football brain, he has always been able to anticipate and get in the right positions to break up play and drive forward.

At Wigan he learnt to release passes earlier and raerely gives the ball away, however he makes mistakes as he is still young , but with the right coaching and the better players Everton have beside him, in years to come you might think £13m is a bargain.

Nice endorsement, exactly what we need in the engine room.

I'll echo everything the Hamilton fan said...the laddie is real quality and the better the team he's in the better he'll be. He'll always give 100% and the fans will take to him straight away. You won't get a bit of bother with him as he's no "billy big time". Sit back and enjoy him because it wouldn't surprise me if he did end up at a Real Madrid or Barcelona....he is that good

I've always liked him, always thought he had 'natural quality' but hearing everything that you guys (north of the border) have said, i'm even more excited. Im hoping he takes to our team like Brett's mum on my bellend.

Really looking forward to the lad playing.

Edited by tenaciousj

I love the fact that it's Marco Tardelli talking about him, the best goal celebration ever IMO

I recall correctly, he scored such goal in the 69th minute of the 1982 World Cup final in the bernabeau, to take Italy into a 2-0 lead. The game if i'm not mistaken was watched by 90000 in the ground and refereed by Arnaldo Coelho (the first brazilian - and indeed non european to ref a world cup final)

I was 6 at the time, now how's about that then...

I love the fact that it's Marco Tardelli talking about him, the best goal celebration ever IMO

I recall correctly, he scored such goal in the 69th minute of the 1982 World Cup final in the bernabeau, to take Italy into a 2-0 lead. The game if i'm not mistaken was watched by 90000 in the ground and refereed by Arnaldo Coelho (the first brazilian - and indeed non european to ref a world cup final)

Jesus. I wasn't even born then....Haf, you're an old'n :P

DK?

DK?

how dare you question my knowledge of years gone by trivia that appears to be almost genuine despite the fact that there is an invention called the internet which means you can pretty much get any info you want... I may not have watched that game of football in question but I can tell you everything about the referee that I didn't watch...

:rofl: