IGNORED

James McCarthy

If your going to call me a liar, at least spell it right.

Look at my prediction further up, i said we it would be an awfull draw because usually fook up in these "easy games" and we did.

People were calling for 3-0 and 4-0 ... i didnt, so enough has been said on this subject.

The Irony.

Cant be arsed with you to be honest Bill. Have a good night.

If your going to call me a liar, at least spell it right.

Look at my prediction further up, i said we it would be an awfull draw because usually fook up in these "easy games" and we did.

People were calling for 3-0 and 4-0 ... i didnt, so enough has been said on this subject.

It's alright William, I thought before time it could prove an awkward journey and even went with a home win. 3 or 4 goal predictions always sound a bit fanciful regardless of opposition.

You should have put money on it Bill.

Not sure where you will gets odds on "McCarthy is like joe Allen - shit" though.

When all else fails return to the Joe Allen shit, give it a rest Haf.

If i'm wrong i will admit it, but i'm waiting till this time next year before i even think about it.

Edited by Bill

When all else fails return to the Joe Allen shit, give it a rest Haf.

If i'm wrong i will admit it, but i'm waiting till this time next year before i even think about it.

You can't be right... How can guessing a players quality be right? That's the thing bill, you made a brash uninformed statement - and you make posts gloating about being somehow right when a shit team performance seen us draw 0-0.

Fact is you want time to be proven wrong about McCarthy shit? He clearly is far from shit unless you aren't able to accurately appraise a players qualities. Until he proves he is good buy are you forever going to be looking at little snippets to justify your pre purchase criticisms of the lad? Very sad and negative.

Guest blueboy122

You can't be right... How can guessing a players quality be right? That's the thing bill, you made a brash uninformed statement - and you make posts gloating about being somehow right when a shit team performance seen us draw 0-0.

Fact is you want time to be proven wrong about McCarthy shit? He clearly is far from shit unless you aren't able to accurately appraise a players qualities. Until he proves he is good buy are you forever going to be looking at little snippets to justify your pre purchase criticisms of the lad? Very sad and negative.

I find he is like many other of the members on here.

There is a handful of members on here who actually speak sense and roundly on topics.

To be honest I am surprised we haven't seen a Martinez Out thread after drawing away down in London. The result was disappointing yes but in by no means a disaster.

On McCarthy I think he is an excellent footballer with a great engine. Could do with some creative players around him in the middle of the park and then maybe Match of the day will give him a mention as a catalyst for our success..... God for bid maybe some members on here would give him some plaudits as he would be a match of the day player or youtube player as many would like!

and nothing wrong with that either. I'll admit I was nervous about him signing and thought he might need a season to bed in, but performances to date have already made up my mind; he's a cracking player. Will he keep it up all season? That remains to be seen but he's certainly not the relegated useless player some thought he might be and shows all the signs of being a quality player and hopefully the future spine of our midfield for the next 10yrs.

Also, the comparison with Allen was daft mate, you'll never live that down now!

I find he is like many other of the members on here.

There is a handful of members on here who actually speak sense and roundly on topics.

To be honest I am surprised we haven't seen a Martinez Out thread after drawing away down in London. The result was disappointing yes but in by no means a disaster.

On McCarthy I think he is an excellent footballer with a great engine. Could do with some creative players around him in the middle of the park and then maybe Match of the day will give him a mention as a catalyst for our success..... God for bid maybe some members on here would give him some plaudits as he would be a match of the day player or youtube player as many would like!

cheers man B)

Was Beattie a good player when he signed? The examples you are using are strikers that were moyeserised - turned into work horses who lost their touch and belief.

Mirallas to be offloaded??? No chance, he is a quality player just needs to find form.

We are talking about a midfielder here Bill, a water carrier who has proven tremendous stamina, work rate, tactical awareness - traits that don't suffer from form dips. Probably be easier if you just said "looks like I got it wrong, long may it continue"....

to answer the above, Beattie had been a very effective player for Southampton when we brought him in (2006 ?) and had been regular top scorer and as all will be aware, once he came up to Liverpool, it simply didn't work out for him and over time became a poor purchase. Andrew Johnson was another player that featured around the same time that started off well at his previous employers and turned to disappointment with his stay on Merseyside. There's no need to rid of Mirallas so soon after bringing him in. As mentioned, he still has something to offer.

I agree, we need to keep hold of Mirallas because before he was Martinezerised he looked like a quality player :P

Let's not get carried away, he was inconsistent and positionally ill disciplined under Moyes.

Let's see Martinez ruin several wingers before we can classify his tactics as a means of destroying players. Moyes at least had that.

Beattie, Johnson, Jelavic, all good players when they arrived, it wasnt long before a lot of people wanted to offload them. Its happening now with Mirallas.

I'll wait a bit longer if you dont mind, and thats all i'm saying on the subject.

Mirallas has a bit more finesse and tekkers than the three you mentioned though. He seems like he could make things happen with a bit of form. I think he just needs a kick up the arse sometimes.

Mirallas I think would be best used in the number ten position when Barkley doesnt play instead of Osman or upfront. His pace is a real threat and defenders hate that.

Beattie was a decent number nine who needed wingers to provide him with chances he was never a player that could play on his own as his touch was awful.

Andy Johnson I rated who had a great first season but was unlucky with injuries and we nearly got our money back.

Jelavic unfortunately is gash and needs selling.

Guest blueboy122

I was so excited at the time when we signed Beattie. But he was abit of a disappointment in the end.

Without sounding like Haf I do blame Moyes for him not doing as well as he should have here and here's why:

When ever Beattie was scoring goals for Soton it was usually because of the wide players putting the ball in for him to head in. The season we signed him we rarely played with the wide men and were quite a narrow team.

I don't understand why Moyes bought him as he should have known he wouldn't have fitted into our system, I think it was extremely bad judgement of him to sign Beattie to be honest.

There's probably about 4 different types of strikers:-

Big, slow ones who hold it up, good in the air, can finish = Beattie, lambert, holt, Carroll. Dublin

Little fast nippy ones, rely on fouls and movement = Owen, aj, radzinski, Phillips, Suarez,

Workhorses, run channels, little end product, odd vital goal = bent, straq, vic, Naismith, kuyt, wellbeck

Classy ones, size, pace, strength, finishing = saha, yak, Rooney, shearer, RVP, RVN, dunc

Which ones out of those classifications seem to suit Moyes? I didn't structure it in such a way despite many cans of export... But it does add up.

There are probably strikers that cross criteria - aguero? Little fast nippy one - albeit deceptively strong and classy. Djecko - big slow one. Nope think I've got it covered.

Moyes had at least one out of each group, the consistent ones were the workhorses.

Edited by Hafnia

• 1 month later...