IGNORED

Oldham replay

Finn balor

Home against Wigan in the quarter finals, Barnsley/Millwall/Blackburn/Middlesboro/Chelsea/United/City - I have confidence we will beat Wigan at home, but if we can avoid the big three teams left in it then we're practically in the final (easier said than done). Even if we draw Chelsea, United or City at home I feel quietly confident!

It could be our year.

COYB!

As soon as the match ended, I switched off. Not going to watch another minute of that goddamn channel, but we win 3 - 1, wasn't all one way traffic and they made it difficlult at times, but it's a place in the quarter finals and a damn improvement from the weekend. Wigan at home is quietly confident and even Millwall or Blackburn in the semi-finals isn't it, so there could be glory ahead, but one match at a time for sure.

Could our 18 year wait for a trophy be coming to an end ? Too early to say but we've made progress again tonight.

We are through and that is the main thing. There were also a few glimpses of class at times which we haven't shown for a while. Mirallas, Osman, Baines and Coleman were the easily the best players whilst poor Jela and to an extent Pienaar just look completely out of sorts.

Im not sure why Moyes didnt bring any fresh legs on because at the end Osman was dead on his feet, Jela could barely touch the ball and Pienaar just wasnt involved.

Hopefully we can take the positives from this game and improve upon them and hopefully keep that urgency and quicker tempo that we started with today.

They'll be a big stampede now to see who can get the Reading game, and I don't want it, but you can picture the scene of a lot of hot hairy mammoths running for the lake but I don't want to see it. Only to say once again, did well tonight, made some more progress, couldn't get through to their club page but I don't think they'll be too accomodating after that, but we went on where Liverpool failed and have a good chance of making the final again. Its all anyone could have asked for. Job done

Glad we won -

very average performance - only 1 good goal - no clean sheet -

Jelavic Neville and Pienaar poor -

Subs very predictable and ungutsy - youth development ? what is that mr Moyes

a better team would have punished us for going into defensive mode 15 min from the end -

lets just say i hope our luck in the Cup lasts

good goals win games - if you depend on penalties and deflectiond for 66% of your goals you will lose more than you will win -

this is a poor side - 1 proper goal is not good enough in my books to call it better than an average performance -

compare this game to the Swansea one and tell me which team that won looked the best ?

if we play like this against a good side we will lose 8 out of 10

good goals win games - if you depend on penalties and deflectiond for 66% of your goals you will lose more than you will win -

this is a poor side - 1 proper goal is not good enough in my books to call it better than an average performance -

compare this game to the Swansea one and tell me which team that won looked the best ?

if we play like this against a good side we will lose 8 out of 10

Surely " bad goals " also win games?

I don't care how they go in myself so long as they go on. If Tim Howard boots the ball into the air, hits a passing pigeon and curls the ball into the top-right corner then happy days as far as I'm concerned. I know what you're saying in a way about how we arn't creating the best chances week in and week out but at the end of the day any goal can win a game and we proved that today.

Getting the ball in the back of the opposition net by anyway possible(without cheating obviously) is the name of the game, a goal is a goal at the end of the day. The game...well we won which was the important thing, and minus Fellaini meant we actually had to try and play some football for a change. We still looked very dodgy at times though, especially at the back and in the middle, Nev gave the ball straight to an Oldham player 11/12 times in the first half and i really would not be arsed to see the back of Pienaar. What has happened to Gibson btw, he used to look so assured.

Having semi-finals games at the national stadium is a fucking nonsense. Just takes away the heritage and integrity of the competition. This all started in 1991 when they couldn't find anywhere for Arsenal and Tottenham to play their semi-final so they picked Wembley and it just continued from there. Damn Idiot decision. It should be for finals only, but what's the fucking use with some people ? It's sad to see the way the competition has become now, what with finals in Cardiff, Wales of all things, for a time. The good old irrefutable 'English FA cup Final' had become a nonsense.

Spend some time on an Oldham fan site today and it was quite busy with one or two other EFC supporters but it did feel a little unnerving participating on another clubs forum and just tried to get along etc. Says someone suffered a heart attack at the game last night and unfortunately passed on, so sad to hear that, and my sympathies to his immediate family.

Having the competition in Wales pissed me off too, the English cup should be played in England and no other country.

Whilst I can agree with some people saying that the final only should be played at Wembley I think it's good that the Semi is there too, it gives smaller clubs a chance to experiance the place and it also brings in some extra revenue to pay for the bloody thing. It's also good that our national stadium gets show-cased too to the rest of the world.

I don't 100% agree with it but I'm not against it either.