IGNORED

Oldham replay

Finn balor

I think that they will score but I think we will score more. I have zero faith in the team when they are against Premiership opposition, we played Norwich and I knew we'd screw it up but I do think that we are still good enough to beat lower league opposition, I'll say 2-1 to Everton.

I just hope we re-capture our form so that we don't embarras ourselves against Wigan in the next round.

If some of Oldhams youngsters, were good enough to beat liverpool and draw with Everton, WHY aren't some of Evertons young players good enough to play against Oldham!

If Oldhams Smith could score against two premiership teams why couldn't Vellios score against 3rd division defenders.We obviously have the wrong player on our books.

Give a couple of fringe players a start, including Vellios.I'm sure they will play their hearts out, and they SHOULD be good enough....otherwise buy Oldham players on the cheap.

Oldham scored in the 4th minute of injury time in the first game.............advice to players (of Everton) and manager, don't let Oldham be only one goal down in final 10 minutes, if your on top 'kill the fuc%ing game'.We don't want penalties.

Head says.....3-0 Everton.

Heart says......2-1 Everton

For the last time, look at 1990

We were in a similar position now, decent players, doing well in the league, going for a european place (6th in the end), and playing this opposition who were lower league at the time, and it went to a replay at Goodison Park, everyone assumed (incorrectly) it would be a breeze, but they deserved to get another draw and beat us in the second replay. (in the times of no penalties after first replayed games, it just went on and on until they found a winner, I remember a game with Sheffield Wednesday about that time that seemed no end, before we got through) but the bottom line is, don't underestimate this present day opposition. They've beaten us twice before in this competition so what's to stop a third time, and after the weekends fucking debacle...

I'm really not sure about this, all we need to do is beat them at home and then Wigan Athletic in the next rounds and we're in the fa cup semi-finals again, but it simply isn't as straight forward as that. Could be a long night and even extra time but Everton to manage through by 1 - 0.

18 years now without a trophy. Not good enough, and to hell with all the stability issue and decent league finishes, I want to see the club win something again damn it, we have the opportunity this season to have a go and decent chance, no repeat of the fucking lame performance of before and get at these early and make it safe long before the end, but you never know what will happen.

Would be more than up to see a fair raft of changes. It's fairly clear to most fans at this point that the first 11 are out of energy and ideas. We're not blessed with a bench that Davey is keen to call upon and yet we still have 2.5 months of football. Something's got to give. At the very least I think Barkley should be starting this. Osman, Pienaar and Naismith all looked nigh on useless last time out. Sit Felli back alongside Gibson and we don't even need to worry if Barkley gives away a few sloppy balls. Kevin and, have to say I'd be tempted to draft in Oviedo in for Naismith and Pienaar. If Vic still isn't fit then I guess it has to be Jelly up front, but sad to say it, I've about lost faith in him for this season. He needs something, whether the break of the ball, a different type of service or just a kick in the pants I'm not sure, but right now our goal scoring is riding on a broke ass mule. Not sure where Vellios has been, always looked at least competent and if we don't have Vic then we need to at least have some really CF option.

Fuck me, it's not looking too clever is it boys?

-------Howard---------

Seamus-Jags-Distin-Baines

Kev-Felli-Gibbo-Oviedo

------------Barkley-----------

------------Jelly-------------

No chance we'll see anything like that of course. Moyes will insist on sticking Felli up front again, to what end I have no idea, that hasn't looked convincing for about 3 months now. Let him sit back and do his jobs, maybe that way we'll start to put our defence back together. Let the boys who are supposed to know how to thread a pass and score goals run amok up front. This long ball is killing us and making us utterly predictable.

Here's to hoping.

Team I'd like to see us play against Oldham, if just to freshen things up rather than anything else. Understand Moyes wantes to progress to the next round but constantly playing fatigued first team players won't be the answer, if we need to push on in the league and cup competitions things need to be freshened up, keep the old guard on their toes and give the youth a chance and a belief that they can make the grade.

Howard

RB, Coleman, CB, Duffy, CB, Jagielka, RB, Coleman/Stones

RM, Mirallas, CM, Gibson, CM, Barkley CM, Fellaini, LM, Oviedo

CF, Vellios/Jelavic

I actually forgot that the game was tonight. That's how much I can get excited about Everton at the moment, it's going to worry me that we are playing fatigued players but then so are Oldham (don't they play two games a week?) so we still should be able to beat them.

I hope home advantage counts for something, a large win will do so much good for the teams confidence and get the fans back on board.

Team I'd like to see us play against Oldham, if just to freshen things up rather than anything else. Understand Moyes wantes to progress to the next round but constantly playing fatigued first team players won't be the answer, if we need to push on in the league and cup competitions things need to be freshened up, keep the old guard on their toes and give the youth a chance and a belief that they can make the grade.

Howard

RB, Coleman, CB, Duffy, CB, Jagielka, RB, Coleman/Stones

RM, Mirallas, CM, Gibson, CM, Barkley CM, Fellaini, LM, Oviedo

CF, Vellios/Jelavic

Wont you tire Coleman out if you play him on both sides? He has just returned from an injury, a good performance against Norwich but not good enough to play him on both sides in my opinion. Stones on the left isnt ideal either.

I think the cup is our only chance to qualify for europe so id like to see DM go for the win with a good, experienced side.

..................Howard..................

Coleman..Jags..Distin...Baines

............Gibbo.....Osman..........

Mirallas.........................Pienaar

...............Felli...........................

.................Jelavic.....................

Boring? Yes, but we need these players back on form. A win against Oldham might be a step in the right direction. Are they tired? Man up, they get paid enough and should be strong enough to play an entire season. Its not like the likes of RvP etc play less games in a season.

For me:

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines

Gibson Fellaini

Mirallas Pienaar Oviedo

Anichebe

Fellaini has to drop back as the Osman-Gibson partnership is simply being outrun and outmuscled. Osman can do with a rest anyway so I'd drop him for this game and bring Oviedo in to play on the left wing with Pienaar as the playmaker in the middle.

You know what, i'm not going to waste my time even putting down what team I will play because there is no chance I will actually see that team as it will include names likes Barkley, Vellios, Oviedo. Not Neville, Naismith, Jelavic.

If those boys dont come in and do a better job then they should be sold, cos as far as i'm concerned the performances of the others could not get any worse. At least it will give some players the belief that they may get a game if the others dont perfrom??!!

I will watch without passion or nerves, buy with an expectant "you better make it look like you wanna make it up to the fans"

I can't help but be nervous, no matter how badly the team plays I still love Everton football club and I always will. I just hope and pray that the team go out there and do themselves justice because on paper we have one of the best teams in the league. I hope the fans get behind the team (even though they have every right to fuck them off) and I hope we show people on national television that we are no push-overs.

The cup is our only realistic chance of Europe now and it would really hurt to go crashing out at this stage knowing that we have Wigan Athletic in the next round.

For me:

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines

Gibson Fellaini

Mirallas Pienaar Oviedo

Anichebe

Fellaini has to drop back as the Osman-Gibson partnership is simply being outrun and outmuscled. Osman can do with a rest anyway so I'd drop him for this game and bring Oviedo in to play on the left wing with Pienaar as the playmaker in the middle.

I would go along with that, although I think Vic is injured? Ideally I would rest Pienaar as well, but I quite like him playing centrally on occasions so either him or Barkley in that role would be fine with me.

After the Norwich game I cant see anything other than giving Oldham a beating. The players MUST be up for this game and if they aren't then we don't deserve to go through.

Neville in.....jebussad.png . On the bright side Naismith out, but still he persists with Ossie & Pienaar. No Felli (even on the bench, must have an injury).

Howard, Neville, Baines, Gibson, Jagielka, Jelavic, Mirallas, Distin, Osman, Pienaar, Coleman.

Mucha, Heitinga, Oviedo, Naismith, Hitzlsperger, Vellios, Duffy

i hope the Everton dressing room is more positive than this thread -

there should be no question in their minds -

they are playing a 3rd leauge team in the relegation zone which fired its coach 3 weeks ago -

ffs - if we can't Swansea them we must not even dream about Europe - where we shall embarress English football with our current style of play -

i think we can thump them if we don't show them too much respect and throttle them from the start -

Everton 4 - 0 if we don't go and defend a 1 goal lead

Guest blueboy122

I bet a few youth players can't wait for Moyes to fuck off.

Exactly where the hell is vellios? He has proven he can be more than a handfull against premier league sides never mind a league one nearly league two side!