IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

8 hours ago, Matt said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59201120

Since he never seemed to have an idea on the pitch, not sure what makes him think he's capable of dictating an opinion piece to someone to write. 

His comments about the Spurs game and our obvious lack of strategy are spot on. It beats me why some on here thought that 0-0 at home to an awful Spurs teams was a great result. We beat them away last season when they were a top team.

44 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Good to know that we are both a poorly run business and a poorly performing club. i think FFP is a nonsense, personally - would much prefer a salary cap as in the US - but it is what it is and we have failed utterly in managing it. BMD will help, of course, but it's a long way off. Can't help thinking the board (if we have one - may just be Moshiri and his secretary) need some people who really know what they're doing. Quite a dispiriting read.... 

Thing that hit me today, after getting some info off Youtube, is that from late 1994 to early 2000 we played Liverpool twelve times and lost once, while we were pretty much shite the whole time and finishing bottom half of the league (one season aside). Can anyone see us getting close to them now?

So dispiriting at the moment.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Thing that hit me today, after getting some info off Youtube, is that from late 1994 to early 2000 we played Liverpool twelve times and lost once, while we were pretty much shite the whole time and finishing bottom half of the league (one season aside). Can anyone see us getting close to them now?

Nope. I’m absolutely dreading playing them.

8 hours ago, MikeO said:

That was when even poor players and teams new what it meant to play in a derby, a lot of players now have no real passion for the clubs or their supporters, there here for one thing big money and fuck all else. 

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Of course he's not looking to sell now. I know he's a moron but he's not stupid enough to sell up before the stadium is built.

That was always going to be the case in my opinion, Usmanov and Moshiri looked at Everton as a sleeping giant, they bought cheap because they could see the potential to make some money. In terms of football there lack of knowledge has cost them dearly but they still have a few seasons to rectify that before the stadium is built, and that’s when they will seriously look at cashing in, after all they are both hardened Gooner’s not Evertonian’s not that that really matters in football anymore, long gone are they days when they owners of the our highest league had any emotional attachment to the clubs they owned, and long gone has the old add itch that there’s no money to be made owning a football club, in this league there’s millions to be made just ask Mike Ashley.