IGNORED

Positions that need reinforcement

Yeah, I thought he was even older at first. He was already playing in the Belgian first division 10 years ago.

Just had a quick look through some of his stats and never realised he had played for PSV either! His goal scoring record throughout his career has been pretty consistent baring a spell at Seville.

Just had a quick look through some of his stats and never realised he had played for PSV either! His goal scoring record throughout his career has been pretty consistent baring a spell at Seville.

In his first season in Sevilla he didn't play too much due to the form of Luis Fabiano and Kanouté who were at their best. He also suffered severe knee injuries, etc.

If we don't lose anyone over the summer (unrealistic, I know, but for the sake of this argument that's what I'm going on) I'd basically be looking for 3 or 4 players for the squad. A striker of real quality to get us those 15-20 goals a season we crave, a box to box mid to give us someone apart from Fellaini to cover ground in midfield and to give us a bit of pace through the middle of the pitch and another winger to give us some genuine cover in that position (No more Naismith out wide. I'm begging ya Roberto!)

Depending on our transfer kitty following these purchases I'd look for a young goalkeeper for the future or another more experienced journeyman on a free to provide Howard with competition as well.

Up front, if he's available at a decent price, I'd be looking at Seydou Doumbia. He's been a consistent goal scorer for CSKA, he'd provide genuine zip up front (ideal if we ever go two up top considering one of Jelavic, Anichebe or Vellios would be partnering him) and just has a bit of everything.

For a box to box mid I find it hard to go past Fer. For starters he genuinely wants to come to the club! He's got decent pace and is a decent dribbler, so provides some sort of counter-attacking threat. Also possesses a good engine and the idea of being able to unleash him and Fellaini on opponents is honestly quite scary.

For a winger I reckon a good option would be to trying to get one of Sinclair, Marin or Moses on loan with an option to buy. All three have failed to cut it at big clubs, so there is a bit of risk in bringing one of them, hence why a loan option would be brilliant. And considering that neither of Chelsea or City are exactly in need of money it presents a fairly realistic option.

For a keeper I've got no fucking idea tbh! Still seething we missed out on Butland to Stoke :shaking fist: Hopefully there's some young, talented, foreign keeper out there that none of us have heard of heading to the club in the near future. :P

I'd like to have Williams or Vermaelen as a new CB, Moses as a new winger, McCarthy as a new mid, but I'm afraid the lot costs just way too much. That is the tragic thing about EFC...

All possible if Felli goes. But im not sure that McCarthy would be the ideal replacement for Felli. We would lose alot of strength in midfield. Would prefer someone bigger and more powerful. McCarthy would be a great signing but not as the only replacement to Felli.

id like Loic Remy(think he has a get out clause for £8m?) Will Hughes in midfield, i reckon we could get him for less than £10m, and Vermaelen at £5m, all would be less than the cost of Fellaini's release clause(providing he goes that is)

Remy's got a court case hanging over him - think it's due in Sept. Can't remember what for.

id like Loic Remy(think he has a get out clause for £8m?) Will Hughes in midfield, i reckon we could get him for less than £10m, and Vermaelen at £5m, all would be less than the cost of Fellaini's release clause(providing he goes that is)

Remy's got a court case hanging over him - think it's due in Sept. Can't remember what for.

Rape.

Martinez has made it clear that he is looking for the right person alities for the changing room. For me Fer looks a bit wild and the words "drugs", form dip due to move breakdown doesnt fill me with confidence.

I think if Felli goes then McCarthy will be nailed on if £12m will make wigan do business. He impresses martinez with his professionalism and maturity. The other £12m will no doubt go towards helping us score goals!

Martinez has made it clear that he is looking for the right person alities for the changing room. For me Fer looks a bit wild and the words "drugs", form dip due to move breakdown doesnt fill me with confidence.

I think if Felli goes then McCarthy will be nailed on if £12m will make wigan do business. He impresses martinez with his professionalism and maturity. The other £12m will no doubt go towards helping us score goals!

£12m! we would be lucky, stories the other day suggesting they want nearer £20m for him, it's even scared Spurs off.

have another look at Kone -

he scored the same number of goals as : Tevez

Sturridge

Pedolski

Defoe

Giroud

Fletcher

Mata

Fellaini

and one less than Roony -

now that is good company - which of those players would you get cheaper than Kone ?

not a single one - so my advice : buy Kone as soon as you can Everton

Felli goes for £24 mill we get McCarthy £12,Ince £4,Redmond £2 and moses plus change. Sell Jonny and Naismith and out of our own pot buy a striker

Would anyone be happy if we just got rid of Johnny, got Alcaraz on a free, a happy second keeper and spent the extra tv money on buying a really top quality striker, maybe keep the bank at bay and sell no one else?

I'd be disappointed, because that might actually increase the average age of the team. Surely one goal must be to plan for the future by bringing in some younger players.

Felli goes for £24 mill we get McCarthy £12,Ince £4,Redmond £2 and moses plus change. Sell Jonny and Naismith and out of our own pot buy a striker

For me Mccarthy is not worth that, and I think Redmond is more like a £5-7m player, and Ince will be a £8-12m player this summer. If no one buys him then he may go for £4-5M in Jan. I would take either Blackpool winger though.

£12m for McCarthy is way too much imo, though I do think he would start ahead of Osman and Gibson, so if we could get him cheaper (preferably under 8m) I'd be happy. I sincerely doubt that Redmond is good enough for Everton and I can't see £2m be enough of an incentive for Birmingham to sell him either. Ince I'd like for the right money, something in that 4-6 bracket. I don't think Moses is a very realistic target and I would rather get a more crafty player, rather than a pacey powerhouse.

Would anyone be happy if we just got rid of Johnny, got Alcaraz on a free, a happy second keeper and spent the extra tv money on buying a really top quality striker, maybe keep the bank at bay and sell no one else?

I think we need more numbers. That's why I hope someone does pay the release clause in Fellaini's contract. 22m could buy us more players and better value than Fellaini. Hopefully we can find buyers for Heitinga and Naismith as well, maybe even Jelavic. Then get a striker, right winger, central midfielder, holding midfielder, centre back and goal keeper in.

I'd be disappointed, because that might actually increase the average age of the team. Surely one goal must be to plan for the future by bringing in some younger players.

It could be a short term solution though. Spend the majority of this year's budget on a good centre forward while we still have Jagielka, Distin, Alcaraz, Duffy. Then make a new centre back the priority next season when Distin could leave (his contract will be up and he'll be 36), that's assuming we've actually solved the striker problem and not bought a huge bust of course.

As I said though, I'd rather sell Fellaini and have more to spend.

£12m for McCarthy is way too much imo, though I do think he would start ahead of Osman and Gibson, so if we could get him cheaper (preferably under 8m) I'd be happy. I sincerely doubt that Redmond is good enough for Everton and I can't see £2m be enough of an incentive for Birmingham to sell him either. Ince I'd like for the right money, something in that 4-6 bracket. I don't think Moses is a very realistic target and I would rather get a more crafty player, rather than a pacey powerhouse.

I'm not sure he is good enough to be a 30 match starter for us, but If Hal Robson-Kalu Is really going for only £2m then I think he would be a solid player and is only 24. Scored a decent amount of goals for Reading, and several of those were off the bench. He has solid speed, and can deliver a decent cross. For £2m we could do much worse than get a winger who scored 6 goals on the year in matches he was substituted on.

I'm not sure he is good enough to be a 30 match starter for us, but If Hal Robson-Kalu Is really going for only £2m then I think he would be a solid player and is only 24. Scored a decent amount of goals for Reading, and several of those were off the bench. He has solid speed, and can deliver a decent cross. For £2m we could do much worse than get a winger who scored 6 goals on the year in matches he was substituted on.

There is no point buying players to sit on the bench. You need to buy players who improve the first team, who then push the previous starters on to the bench. If you do it the other way round you are asking for trouble as the quality in the team goes down.