IGNORED

Callum McManaman

I wouldnt mind having either player at a decent price, but this is that typical shit you read whenever a team with decent players gets relegated. Really it all comes down to what type of wages a given player is on, and Mcmanamen is going to demand a large transfer fee because he is a homegrown English player

Lazy journalism though. The've litreally gone "who's the best wigan players?"

"McCarthy and Mcmanaman"

"Martinez is off to Everton so write a story saying they're leaving with their manager to Everton"

We'd have been linked with both regardless. McCarthy has been on our radar for a long, long time.

I would like McCarthy if Wigan don't want an outrageous amount of money. Hopefully his familiarity with Martinez can convince him to pick us over Spurs if we do go in for him.

And McManaman is definitely more skilled than your average English winger in the Lennon/Walcott mould:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYvHJ8U5F90

McManaman is a local lad too which will probably please fans, it would be quite a step up for him and he would be moving to his former team and former manager (probably) so it's an attractive move for him.

Nice video.

It's unfortunate that McManaman made that rash tackle against Newcastle, because he was immediately branded the bad guy. It's a sign of his quality that he didn't let the pressure of bad publicity get to him. Instead, he developed into one of Wigan's best players as the season drew to a close. His true ability was on display for all to see in the FA Cup Final.

Edited by Cornish Steve

I don't want him. Mirallas, Pienaar and Coleman are good enough. If we were going to get someone I want to get someone who has had more than one good season. Do you think if Martinez got hired last season we would have signed McClean from Sunderland as he had a stormer? This season he has played avarage.

I don't want him. Mirallas, Pienaar and Coleman are good enough. If we were going to get someone I want to get someone who has had more than one good season. Do you think if Martinez got hired last season we would have signed McClean from Sunderland as he had a stormer? This season he has played avarage.

Coleman is our starting right back, not a winger. Mirallas and Pienaar are two players for two positions. And I don't see how McClean and how good he is or isn't is in any way relevant to how good McManaman could be.

Both Maloney and Koné are decent players, but they're 30 and 29 respectively and I don't want us to pay transfer fees for players that age. McCarthy and McManaman are both 22 years old, they still have lots of room for improvement and they could still be sold for a profit someday. If we go for Wigan players, I hope it's them. Martinez' comments about the transfer market being global is pretty reassuring to me that we're not just going to get whomever did a decent job for Wigan this season.

If we had two from Wigan I would prefer Maloney & Kone

You're high. McCarthy and possibly McManaman are basically the only ones worthy of consideration. I'd be alright with Kone for depth. But, we've got depth at striker. We need a starting striker more than anything. Kone isn't worthy.

Both Maloney and Koné are decent players, but they're 30 and 29 respectively and I don't want us to pay transfer fees for players that age. McCarthy and McManaman are both 22 years old, they still have lots of room for improvement and they could still be sold for a profit someday. If we go for Wigan players, I hope it's them. Martinez' comments about the transfer market being global is pretty reassuring to me that we're not just going to get whomever did a decent job for Wigan this season.

Dead right about the transfer fees for Maloney and Kone but the same applies to the two Mc's. I wouldn't want to have my pants pulled down just because they are only 22 when neither, but possibly McCarthy may do more so than McManaman who we've let go once, will justify their price.

They are the two I definitly wouldn't want to be honest.

Maloney, as said already because of his age and Kone because he would cost £6.5m and isn't that good.

As said above, I agree with the fee thing for Maloney & Kone. I wouldn't pay above £2-3m for either. If your valuation of Kone is £6.5m how much are the 22 year old McCarthy & McManaman going to be?

We could all get a surprise and end up with Boyce, Scharner and Figueroa :o

We had the second oldest team this season behind Fulham so we shouldn't be looking at Maloney we need to tone down the age of the squad whilst also bringing in quality. Buying 29 year olds is wasting your money you won't get as much use out of him and he has none or very little sell on value certainly not enough to make a handsome profit in any form

https://www.facebook.com/lfcvefcbanterpage/posts/452926858131948

Take that with a grain of salt fellas, could be one of the Red admins of that page on the wind up but he seems pretty genuine.

For anyone that can't be bothered to look at the link or don't have Facebook:

"GENUINE TRANSFER NEWS

Not like me to spread cheer to you blues but thought ye might be interested...

A lad who I work with is mates with Callum McManaman (I know this for a fact as I've seen them together) and he says a deal for him to join Everton is, in his own words, "99% done". Terms virtually agreed after being given permission to talk to the blues. Just Wigan haggling a little over the price.

He's made up too apparently. Boyhood blue. Poor bastard ;-)

You heard it here first...

(DQ)"

Again, can't take it too seriously. But hey, it's better than some generic article posted on the internet with nothing but speculation and a twelve month old quote right?

Edited by Pearso

https://www.facebook.com/lfcvefcbanterpage/posts/452926858131948

Take that with a grain of salt fellas, could be one of the Red admins of that page on the wind up but he seems pretty genuine.

For anyone that can't be bothered to look at the link or don't have Facebook:

"GENUINE TRANSFER NEWS

Not like me to spread cheer to you blues but thought ye might be interested...

A lad who I work with is mates with Callum McManaman (I know this for a fact as I've seen them together) and he says a deal for him to join Everton is, in his own words, "99% done". Terms virtually agreed after being given permission to talk to the blues. Just Wigan haggling a little over the price.

I had to laugh when I read one of the comments in response to that Facebook post: "Only one player from Everton the trophyless team would get into Liverpool and that's Baines but loads of Liverpool players would WALK into Everton". This coming from someone whose team has been below Everton in the table for how many years straight, whose goals were mostly scored by a player who's suspended and wanting to leave, who were knocked out of recent Cup competitions by Oldham and Northampton, and who just sold their biggest ever signing for half-price. The proof of the pudding, as they say, ....

Edited by Cornish Steve

I had to laugh when I read one of the comments in response to that Facebook post: "Only one player from Everton the trophyless team would get into Liverpool and that's Baines but loads of Liverpool players would WALK into Everton". This coming from someone whose team has been below Everton in the table for how many years straight, whose goals were mostly scored by a player who's suspended and wanting to leave, who were knocked out of recent Cup competitions by Oldham and Northampton, and who just sold their biggest ever signing for half-price. The proof of the pudding, as they say, ....

two seasons...

There is truth in talks with McManaman, but probably not as far along as being made out as he is currently in Vegas.

Still a little upset about how he believes he was treated when Everton let him go, but as its a hell of a lot different to the set up then it shouldn't be an issue.