IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

Breaking news on SSN: Roberto Martinez and Ralf Rangnick on three man shortlist for Everton job.

Pereira the third??

Let me guess, Sky Sources? Absolute bullshit that they'd know only two of the names but know it's a three man shortlist.

Sky Sports News piss me off with their shitty breaking news yellow tab.

They're just guessing in my opinion. Vinny O'Connor of Sky was on air before, he said that his Goodison sources had told him that they were either close to appointing a manager or waiting for a bit longer and interviewing more candidates..

They're just guessing in my opinion. Vinny O'Connor of Sky was on air before, he said that his Goodison sources had told him that they were either close to appointing a manager or waiting for a bit longer and interviewing more candidates..

Scoop :rofl: .

Rangnick is defo an interesting name in the mix. Did some good stuff in the Bundesliga and had a few other clubs after him in the past. Reservations about his health concerns, although if they're behind him, he's definitely worth a second look in my opinion.

Rangnick was linked with both Liverpool and West Brom. I'm hoping Tuchel comes into view soon - presumably Jaime does too.

Yes. Yes I do.

Tuchel IS Moyes (in philosophy) but a newer, younger model who ticks all the boxes that Moyes didn't have.

If we're looking in Germany, im very very excited.

Although I won't hold out for it.

Like Matt said, the time it's taking, is reassuring me the BK truely does want the right man.

Has Tuchel been linked at all? Would be brilliant if he was in the mix. Have to say though, the names we are hearing now are attacking managers who play exciting football and aren't afraid of taking risks. Would anyone prefer Ragnick over Martinez? Have to say I know little about him so I can't really judge.

Common themes that I am seeing on some forums (along with our own) - not criticisms but observations...

• Martinez being judged on where he finished in league with no understanding of how he was impacted by resource, injuries comparable to other managers.

• No understanding of how other managers (Hughes, O'Neill etc) have operated in their previous clubs. Just a wikipedia link here and there showing league table finishes (no mention of transfer expenditure, player disputes)

• Pereira (a man 99% of Evertonians knew almost noithing about last year) being heavily favoured because he won the league back to back. Why wasn't he offered a contract before if he was so great? He may well be, but can we be so sure? Juande Ramos wasn't exactly the superstar Spurs thought he was going to be... His assistant back then (Gus Poyet has also been favoured)_

My like for Martinez is based on a few things:-

• He is the least risky appointment
  • He has the potential to take us forward. Anyone who seen how Wigan played us off the park on Boxing Day but in reality lost because the lesser quality of their defenders was the difference. He gets his teams to control the game, no punting, scared to have the ball, he gets them playing.
  • He will not roll overand tell his team to sit back.

Every argument against Martinez can almost be countered with "would Sir Alex Ferguson have done a better job with those resouces?"

This is pretty much my exact feelings about these two managers.

This makes Kenwright look pretty good, I think I do trust him to make the most intelligent decision.

I think he doesnt want to sell the club because he lives for this kind of thing and wants to make an impact.... still wish he would sell at a lower price

This makes Kenwright look pretty good, I think I do trust him to make the most intelligent decision.

I think he doesnt want to sell the club because he lives for this kind of thing and wants to make an impact.... still wish he would sell at a lower price

I am sure kenwright would bring the price down during negotions with a suitable buyer. The problem is getting a suitable buyer, we have seen plenty of buy outs of football club with a lot taking clubs down the pan go and proper.

If you advertise the clubs for sale at a knock down bargain price - there will be lots and lots of intrest from every Tom, Dick and Harry wanting to come in a make a quick buck on our backs with football not even a concern. Kenwright can only sell once, and the one single thing he CAN'T get wrong is who he sells this club too. Kenwright is a steady rudder. Off topic a bit -sorry.

You can change a manager at any time if you make the wrong choice, we would could be well and truly f*cked by the wrong new owner.

Any chance of this German fella coming in as a Director of Football to go with a new manager? Just throwing it out there.

Which one?

Rangnick? Yes. Possibly.

Tuchel. No.

Rangnick may prefer it? Someone mentioned a 'super' team of Pierera as 1st team manager and Rangnick as director...

anim_wanking.gif

For the Wigan job!

Thanks Dunc I misheard it, bit of a panic just then. :leggit:

I know nothing about managers in Germany... Tuchel ..... is likely to be a new Moyes!

Thanks Ten, as clear as mud now. :rofl:

Get your ears cleaned!

Got them in the washing machine as we speak Romey, near on gave myself a heart attack there. :rofl: