IGNORED

Martinez won't last the season

Oh no!!! My credibility on an anonymous forum maybe under threat. Well fuck it why not just post some boring old shit about how well we did in the transfer window although I don't believe it. I don't give a flying fuck on people's opinion of me I have my views I share them if you don't agree happy to debate it. Throw a few personal insults in if you feel the need I love all feedback.

And for the record I don't think losing felli is RMs fault it is just a negative of the current start. The club lie they specifically stated the McCarthy deal wasn't dependant on felli leaving where is Dave Whelan says differently. If the deals were not dependant why the fuck did we wait until the last minute.

And for the record I don't think losing felli is RMs fault it is just a negative of the current start. The club lie they specifically stated the McCarthy deal wasn't dependant on felli leaving where is Dave Whelan says differently. If the deals were not dependant why the fuck did we wait until the last minute.

We waited because David Moyes thought he could pressure us into giving a better deal. It's a fact that time pressure is one of the strongest negotiation tactics. Ironically, what with his other deals falling through, the pressure ended up on him and we got an excellent price! Honestly, I'm sure we would have much preferred to have sold Fellaini before his buy-out clause expired, because then we could have planned more effectively. In the end, ManU probably wish they'd done that as well.

Only time will tell whether selling Fellaini will have a negative impact. For sure, it will have a big impact, and our style of play will be different. But change can be positive or negative, and we don't know enough right now to have the answer.

Let's run down your list of claims here.

1. Fellaini was rumored to move on as far back as last season. It's almost a wonder that they were able to keep him this long. None of us know 100% of the behind the scenes stuff or what Fellaini was thinking, but logic dictates that, with him hinting at a move for the last year or so, no start to the season was going to prevent the appeal of moving to the most prestigious club in England where his former boss is in charge and where he will realize his long-coveted chance at CL football.

2. I don't think you're understanding what was meant when it was said that a move for McCarthy wasn't dependent on Fellaini. Perhaps we could have added McCarthy while Fellaini was staying but Martinez simply didn't feel it was worth the price. And only when Fellaini was gone was the need to fill the void imperative. Nonetheless, this is all irrelevant. Let's say you're right and that it was all bullshit and the only way we could financially fit McCarthy was with a Fellaini departure; how in any way is this Martinez' fault? Since when did he become in charge of providing the cash and setting the budget?

Oh no!!! My credibility on an anonymous forum maybe under threat. Well fuck it why not just post some boring old shit about how well we did in the transfer window although I don't believe it. I don't give a flying fuck on people's opinion of me I have my views I share them if you don't agree happy to debate it. Throw a few personal insults in if you feel the need I love all feedback.

Don't get stroppy - who gets personal?, I think we are trying to see what facts you are basing your "views" on. Because to virtually every fan Evertonian or not - we played an absolute blinder. Here are my views and reasons.

Was it worth keeping Fellaini despite a £27.5m bid? IMO that is a resounding NO. His consistency levels are poor and he is not suited to the RM style as much as McCarthy is. McCarthy is a loyal, grounded, highly efficient footballer, who has cost half the price of felli. He wanted to go, he handed in a request, we got good money - get over it.

At the 11th hour we pulled it out the bag, 3 players through the door. An excellent effort. The squad is far stronger than it was at the end of last season.

I have now heard a England international and the new messi say they chose us due to the manager and his methods. Don't ever think I heard any player doing the same under moyes.... End of chat!

In fact I think I remember the real Messi saying a couple of years back that he had received an offer from Everton and was seriously considering joining the club but he thought Moyes was a tosser and because of that he stayed at Barca... See we are much better off now :)

If your taking bets on that I wouldn't mind having a few quid on it!

Oh no, i'm concurring with Dunc... Help!!!

Memma what odds will you give us being above bottom 3???

Just a little recap on the close season - transfer window - first few games. Moyes versus Martinez...

Moysie: 1 signing made £4m more than the release clause Felli - but he missed:- Thiago, Coentrao, Fabregas, Baines, Herrera, De Rossi, Khedira... oops!

Roberto:- Robles, Alcaraz, Kone, McCarthy, Barry, Lukaku in, Out Fellaini and Vic with a tidy £13m profit.

Moysies first games:- A flattering win against swansea who have been poor. A negative home draw against Chelsea, and a 1-0 defeat to Liverpool. Questionable team selections and no goals in 2 games... oops!

Robertos first games:- 3 games all draws. Dominating but not scoring. Opponents happy to park the bus. Must do better but promising.

Handling the pressure:

Moyesie:- looks like a rabbit in headlights. Fallen out with rooney. Not playing any creative talent, already facing scrutiny off the fans. Arrogant and stupid press confrences

RM:- classy, dealt with underhand tactics by moyes with dignity. Has his ideas and is implementing them. Top start.

What we will be in the bottom 3 come Christmas? If that is what you think then we are going to be relegated as well and then bankrupt and then drop down the leagues....

We are playing well at the moment, the only problem is we can't get a goal in the final third. With Fellaini gone I think that was a clever piece of business by Kenwright. Saved us money by telling Fellaini the only way he was going is by handing a transfer request. (4 million). As Fellaini handed in a transfer request the deal was 23.5 million as it triggered his release clause supposedly but they saved 4 million from not paying him loyalties.

I agree the problem at the moment is that there is no urgency in the play but that is down to a number of players, Osman in particular. In my opinion great business in the transfer window -

Lukaku - runs the channels, right place, right time. Great signing.

Barry - England international - I spoke to a City fan who said Barry is a good player and is in the right place at the right time and will do well for Everton.

McCarthy - Good player, is he worth 13million? Only time will tell..

I didn't watch the Cardiff game but in the Norwich game we had 19 shots, WBA - 22 shots. Okay only something like six on target but still that is quite good going. With the likes of Lukaku hopefully we can convert those on targets to goals.

Do you remember Brendan Rodgers first season in charge at Liverpool, lost 3 - 0 to WBA, Drew - City, Lost - Arsenal, Lost United. It takes time to adapt to a new style of football. Before Brendan Rodgers Liverpool were playing long ball football and Dalglish tried to get them used to passing it (possession football) but it didn't work. Rodgers came in and again takes a while for the team to adapt. We have played well in the first 3 games the only fault is that there isn't much tempo to it but that will come....

We did superbly in the transfer window.

Mucha OUT Joel IN

Neville OUT Alcaraz IN

Anichebe OUT Kone IN

Hitzlsperger OUT Barry IN (Albeit a loan, but he's on a free, and if he plays well, I can easily see him getting a contract)

Fellaini OUT McCarthy IN

Lukaku IN (Loan)

Delofeu IN (Loan)

Add the fact that Martinez is actually playing our most promising talent and Stones and Oviedo actually look like getting games, I can't understand any argument to say that we're not on track. Every single player above is an improvement. You could argue Fellaini but honestly, I don't care. He had 5 years here, and now we've got someone younger to build up while selling a player we had already improved for a £10mil profit. That and we're still unbeaten ffs :dry:

Amen Brother!

I don't want this to be a "Your not giving him a chance thread" so I honestly believe we will be poor next season a bit like a villa last year. But Martinez won't last the bad spell. I think because of the indifference towards the appointment ppl will be on his back very quick. If the total of his transfer dealings is Kone Alcaraz and even Redmond Then everyone will be there saying I told you so. I want him to prove me wrong a get us sixth but the stats don't lie and her relegated a team that Steve Bruce kept up. I am very nervous about next season and the quality of the players we are most linked with are average to poor

If we actually captured Redmond I would have been happy. He looks a decent player and looked good for Birmingham as well. I reckon in a few years he will be at a top club.

Villa last year, exactly, last YEAR. Takes time to adapt to a new system and THIS year I think that Villa will be a top 10 team. It takes time to adapt to a new system, Lambert is a good manager and the transfers he has made are good signings

I like the way we have been playing in the first few games, okay we haven't won a game in 360 minutes of football but the signs are there and the signings we have made will improve the team and get us goals. Stop being so negative!!

Lot of folk were predicting cricket scores against us simply because Martinez walked into the building - it's at the other end where we have faltered so far. Good players make good tactics and we have plenty of good ones. I am very encouraged by what I have seen and who we have brought in. Let's see where we are in ten games.

Makes me chuckle when I see this thread pop up in the "view new content" - i'm expecting Memmaclub to come out with a Russell Grant prediction that we will end bottom of the league because we signed another player who was relegated (despite signing Barry who was a ppremiership winner)

Ironically "Martinez won't last the season" should really be replaced with "Moyes won't last till Christmas"....

anyway...

This game against Chelsea should see us go toe to toe with a team rather than trying to score against 8 defenders. It's time for the likes of me and a few others to be brave and take some potential stick for the "I don't mind losing 5-2 as long as we have a go"

I'm happy to stick with that, the mentality of the team needs changing - Rome wasn't built in a day, but I forsee an entertaining game on Saturday.