IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

Many wingers seem to do well in Italy. It's a 'slower' league than here so should there be no future here, then he's in the perfect place for us to maximise our profit. Haven't Barca got a by back at set price still though? If his value is say £20m it wouldn't be the first time Barca/Real have brought back an ex player for a pre-agreed low price to be sold on for huge profit.

Many wingers seem to do well in Italy. It's a 'slower' league than here so should there be no future here, then he's in the perfect place for us to maximise our profit. Haven't Barca got a by back at set price still though? If his value is say £20m it wouldn't be the first time Barca/Real have brought back an ex player for a pre-agreed low price to be sold on for huge profit.

I'm sure the details of Barca's involvement will have been ironed out as it was mentioned by the Milan board to the media during negotiations with us. I read there is an agreed figure should Milan want to make the loan permanent!

I still hope McCarthy goes in the summer. I'd prefer Davies and gana over him and we already have schneiderlin Barry and besic.

Barry's leg are going to fall off soon, and as much as I love Besic he's missed a lot of football and there's no guarantee that he'll even get the opportunity to prove himself with everyone else having already took their chance to earn a spot. Not to mention Koeman might not even fancy Besic, whereas he has repeatedly stated he likes McCarthy. So if McCarthy goes it'll be because he's chosen to, but if he's honest with himself then he'll realise he's not going to play for a better team than Everton and that we're a club going places and he'll stay.

It's a squad game Mark, especially if we play at a high tempo. Players will need to be rested. Different players will be picked for different matches. Like Barry being dropped for McCarthy on Saturday, even with Gana back, as Koemans plans suited McCarthy better. We'll need Davies, McCarthy, Gana and Schneiderlin if we are to progress.

It's a squad game Mark, especially if we play at a high tempo. Players will need to be rested. Different players will be picked for different matches. Like Barry being dropped for McCarthy on Saturday, even with Gana back, as Koemans plans suited McCarthy better. We'll need Davies, McCarthy, Gana and Schneiderlin if we are to progress.

makes sense if you're arsenal and united with massive payrolls and squads, but we've got none of that and we don't have Europe yet to justify it. I'd rather have the extra body in attack than centre mid as weve got plenty there now.

I would love to see Gerry improve massively during his loan and come back to us a more consistent player. There aren't many that can cross like him and his pace is blistering. If he ever meets his potential he'll be a very dangerous player. He's still young, and a winger, so inconsistency is almost a given at this point. He needs game time but realistically he won't get it here because we have players better than him -- but only at the moment.

But Mark we can afford a bigger payroll, and we need to aim for a bigger squad. Europe isn't out of the window either, long way to go in this season yet.

which under FFP we can't get unless we sell rom for 100m or sell other players and replace them with higher paying players. Hence why stones was sold and why others are leaving the door now too.

It's not FFP that's the issue. It's the regulations in the new TV revenue.

You can increase by a percentage of the additional TV revenues each year. On top of that we have shipped out a load of below standard players and we have additional commercial revenue. So next season we can afford to increase our wage bill.

Apart from Stones, the other players who left were on pretty decent contracts. Just from gettin Niasse, Gibson, Oviedo, Cleverley and Kone in the summer off the wage bill we should be able to get two very well paid players even before the wage bill goes up against this seasons figures.

• 2 weeks later...

not surprised in the least, I think MC said way back when they bought him they would do this. I don't blame them, and I think that's why he's been loaned out, Koeman/Walsh knew he was a goner regardless.

I think it's more likely that Barca are reacting to us loaning him out tbh - they've seen that the new management aren't that keen on him and we'll be looking to move him on, so Barca have seen a quick way to make some money on him.