IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

2 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

I don't actually see anything wrong with this. That's not to say I don't see anything wrong with the board or Bill. We are aligned that they are a shower of sh**. But the club simply had to formally acknowledge the effort of the fan base. To not done so would demonstrate an even bigger lack of awareness. 

There is a lot wrong with this.

Why is that gobshite bring quoted?  It’s been driven from him after going underground for the past few weeks. 

patronising bullshit by a man who when presented with valid concerns about the running of the club said “you’ve had some good times”. 

we take our plaudits from the manager who in 3 months has put more sweat and tears into this club than billy bullshit 

3 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Bill is not perfect, but what was he supposed to do, say nothing and be called aloof and not caring or speak up and be told he is he's riding on the managers and teams coat tails.

He is an Everton fan, just not a great chairman.

London…. This has all the hallmarks of kenwright propaganda…. This is why our club is rotten.  He has had journalists in his pocket for years, he has always been heavily invested in making sure his name gets positive print. 

the emails leaked re Ian Ross years ago were disgusting.  He now has bought in ex echo man prentice to do club media who never once mentioned bill in a bad light. 

he knows he is completely and utterly out of goodwill now, where was his spin 4/5 weeks ago???  Where was he?  

he needs to stay away. 

Kenwright coming out with an article praising the fans for getting us (potentially) out of this mess when he was partly to blame for us being in it doesn't sit right with me. I've never been part of the anti-Bill brigade, but even I can see now that he's probably doing more damage to the club than good. The article to me just screams being out of touch, which ironically is the exact phrase I'd use to sum our board up.

Where was Bill's article a few weeks ago apologising for the state of our season, or us staring down the barrel of relegation? AWOL when we're shit and front page when we're winning.

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

According to the ITK's Bill fought hard to stop Rafa being appointed, Moshiri wanted it and he owns the club.

Do I think Bill is a saint, no, do I think he made mistakes, yes. But he is a fan, he loves the club and that cant be taken away from him.

I’m a fan and I love the club. It doesn’t qualify me to be chairman though. No one is disputing he loves the club. I’d massively dispute any notion that he would step aside for someone who actually was qualified to be chairman of a football club. Moshiri might be the owner, but only because he let Bill carry on being the face of the club. It’s his train set and he won’t give it up. 

Well done to Bill for not wanting Rafa appointed, again, just like a fan. 

Aside from all of that, we’ve had 20 years of lies being told by him (not just in my opinion, actual proven lies) just to stay in power at the club. I don’t have the patience to go through them all again (Haf might fancy listing them if he gets chance). 

Lastly, we had six months of a divided fan base. Frank starts to bring the fan base back together over the last few months, it takes one article from Bill and the split shows itself again, only in a small way, but he’s one of the most divisive people at the club in modern times. Just keep your mouth shut and your face away from the cameras, Bill. It’s better for all involved. 

7 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I'm not saying he has not lied, or that he manipulates to stay in power, he has and he does.

He has also done some good things. Personal opinion as to if the two balance out. Everyone entitled to own opinion. 

I agree, everyone is entitled to their opinion mate. 

Can I ask what the good things are he’s done? My opinion of him has long cleaned out any good memories so right now I can’t think of any. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I agree, everyone is entitled to their opinion mate. 

Can I ask what the good things are he’s done? My opinion of him has long cleaned out any good memories so right now I can’t think of any. 

Bought us from agent Johnson. 

Bought in David Moyes.

Mostly the fluff stuff, promoting the People's Club, the EITC, and according to various players and managers he is very supportive in trying to help them.

The money stuff, apart from getting Moshiri 😬🤐and our new stadium he is very poor. 

Although don't know how much he was constrained by banks etc for some of it.

Great promoter and people person. Passionate about Club, fans and community but shit business man.

9 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Bought in David Moyes.

Mostly the fluff stuff, promoting the People's Club, the EITC, and according to various players and managers he is very supportive in trying to help them.

The money stuff, apart from getting Moshiri 😬🤐and our new stadium he is very poor. 

Great promoter and people person. Passionate about Club, fans and community but shit business man.

Moyes started the whole peoples club thing (never been a fan of that myself but I get it). I don’t see what Bill did other than say the words in a few interviews  

Denise did a fantastic job of getting EITC to the level it’s at now, not Bill. To give him the credit takes away from the great job she did. 

He gradually got more constraint by the banks from his poor running of the club and his lies about new investment coming in to keep control of the club. He was saved by the premier league negotiating new TV rights deals on many occasions. And let’s not forget we had probably the best player this country has ever produced and had to sell him as the club had been run so poorly the banks wanted to get their money back.

If he didn’t have so many friends in the media he would have been turfed out a long time ago. But whenever he’s under pressure his mates start writing stories about what a great man he is and how we’re lucky to have him. But quality speaks for itself and all of the other football clubs look at how we do things as a benchmark for success (Bills words not mine).

To be honest, you struggled putting a list of good things together didn’t you? 😂 After buying us from Johnson (let’s not forgot we actually got hold of some silverware when he was the owner) and hiring Moyes you ran out of good things he did. (I’m on the wind up here, not trying to argue) 😂

54 minutes ago, StevO said:

Moyes started the whole peoples club thing (never been a fan of that myself but I get it). I don’t see what Bill did other than say the words in a few interviews  

Denise did a fantastic job of getting EITC to the level it’s at now, not Bill. To give him the credit takes away from the great job she did. 

He gradually got more constraint by the banks from his poor running of the club and his lies about new investment coming in to keep control of the club. He was saved by the premier league negotiating new TV rights deals on many occasions. And let’s not forget we had probably the best player this country has ever produced and had to sell him as the club had been run so poorly the banks wanted to get their money back.

If he didn’t have so many friends in the media he would have been turfed out a long time ago. But whenever he’s under pressure his mates start writing stories about what a great man he is and how we’re lucky to have him. But quality speaks for itself and all of the other football clubs look at how we do things as a benchmark for success (Bills words not mine).

To be honest, you struggled putting a list of good things together didn’t you? 😂 After buying us from Johnson (let’s not forgot we actually got hold of some silverware when he was the owner) and hiring Moyes you ran out of good things he did. (I’m on the wind up here, not trying to argue) 😂

But appart from that why don't you rate him 🤔 🤣

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Everything's a matter of interpretation. For example, "He was saved by the premier league negotiating new TV rights deals on many occasions" could just as easily be interpreted as he correctly anticipated these deals, which justified his business/spending decisions.

4 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Two things matter above all others: Everton has never been relegated from the Premier League, and we usually finish in the top half. Whine all we like, that's an impressive achievement.

It’s an impressive achievement now. Many people who have seen Everton be successful could see that as underachieving. Ambition is no bad thing. 

8 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Everything's a matter of interpretation. For example, "He was saved by the premier league negotiating new TV rights deals on many occasions" could just as easily be interpreted as he correctly anticipated these deals, which justified his business/spending decisions.

Maybe he saddled the club with massive debts because he knew Wayne Rooney would help pay them off, because he’s a a great businessman with fantastic anticipation. 

14 hours ago, London Blue said:

According to the ITK's Bill fought hard to stop Rafa being appointed, Moshiri wanted it and he owns the club.

Do I think Bill is a saint, no, do I think he made mistakes, yes. But he is a fan, he loves the club and that cant be taken away from him.

Well why didn’t he resign???

Joe Royle, Alan Myers, Keith Whyness, Trevor Birch - all resigned from roles out of principle with far less financial security than Bill.   The first 2 are proper Evertonians - not like that charlatan. 

2 hours ago, London Blue said:

Bought in David Moyes.

Agent Johnson???  Won an FA cup, invested his own money and delivered the park end stand. 

kenwright was all in on Gary megson till Walter smith told him to hire Moyes. 

he saddled us with a loan shark in Phillip Green and couldn’t sell us till his BHS scandal caught up with him. 

37 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Two things matter above all others: Everton has never been relegated from the Premier League, and we usually finish in the top half. Whine all we like, that's an impressive achievement.

That’s not an achievement Steve.  That’s like inheriting a Ferrari - watching it rust and devalue and saying that at least it’s quicker than the next door neighbours fiat punto.

completely failed this club,  kings dock was on a plate and he lied about the money to secure it. He created a lie to see off other players in a power struggle.  He lost the Grantchesters who had the power to respond turn the club around.

him and his fuckin ego.  Absolute joke of a chairman and sadly for him he isn’t going to be heralded as the blue hero he seems to think he is. 

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

53 minutes ago, StevO said:

Maybe he saddled the club with massive debts because he knew Wayne Rooney would help pay them off, because he’s a a great businessman with fantastic anticipation. 

Shame he didn't anticipate NTL going bust while letting the manager spend the money before we even had it, and then we had to have a fire sale of players.

People might have different views on Bill but I think we can all agree it is time to step down from the board whether you like him or not.  As a fan, Bill should be welcome at the ground but as @StevO mentioned, being a fan does not make you qualified to be chairman.  Maybe appeal to his ego with an honorary position with no responsibilities to help push him out?

Think the real and more important question is who replaces him?  The 27 year campaign points out a lot of glaring issues but I have not seen many suggestions on who is brought in to solve them.  There has been tons of discussion on DOFs and now we have Thelwell but little to none on board members.  Lots of not that person or that person.  Anyone have any thoughts?  Some folks have mentioned Tim Cahill but he does not necessarily have much boardroom experience.  Seems to have some business acumen and has had jobs in football post his playing career... is that enough?  Do we try pry someone from another club? Can an experienced CEO from another industry hack it in football?  Do they need to be a blue or just ruthless? Lots of big questions going into the summer regardless of results.   

Also, another tough and possibly depressing question, if a replacement cannot be found in the summer... does Bill stay?  We certainly have not had the best track record on new hires in the Morshiri era and I would assume someone has to be in the job from a red tape perspective.

1 hour ago, plaidharper said:

People might have different views on Bill but I think we can all agree it is time to step down from the board whether you like him or not.  As a fan, Bill should be welcome at the ground but as @StevO mentioned, being a fan does not make you qualified to be chairman.  Maybe appeal to his ego with an honorary position with no responsibilities to help push him out?

Think the real and more important question is who replaces him?  The 27 year campaign points out a lot of glaring issues but I have not seen many suggestions on who is brought in to solve them.  There has been tons of discussion on DOFs and now we have Thelwell but little to none on board members.  Lots of not that person or that person.  Anyone have any thoughts?  Some folks have mentioned Tim Cahill but he does not necessarily have much boardroom experience.  Seems to have some business acumen and has had jobs in football post his playing career... is that enough?  Do we try pry someone from another club? Can an experienced CEO from another industry hack it in football?  Do they need to be a blue or just ruthless? Lots of big questions going into the summer regardless of results.   

Also, another tough and possibly depressing question, if a replacement cannot be found in the summer... does Bill stay?  We certainly have not had the best track record on new hires in the Morshiri era and I would assume someone has to be in the job from a red tape perspective.

Bill isn't the CEO, Denise is.

14 minutes ago, barryj said:

I worry Bill won’t go anywhere till we’re in BMD. 

I think it won’t just be bill but a few of them who will be hounded out of the club.

If we never had to endure this season then apathetic slumber that has been induced on many fans would have seen the rabble rousers seen as just “one man and his dog” as Graeme Sharp (another paid stooge) put it.  The shock of this season be like 1000 volts on the bellend to many a fan…. And they will want answers and it’s not gonna go away. 

25 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I think it won’t just be bill but a few of them who will be hounded out of the club.

If we never had to endure this season then apathetic slumber that has been induced on many fans would have seen the rabble rousers seen as just “one man and his dog” as Graeme Sharp (another paid stooge) put it.  The shock of this season be like 1000 volts on the bellend to many a fan…. And they will want answers and it’s not gonna go away. 

That image is going to have me cringing for the rest of the day!