IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Alan Myers says the deal will take 6-7 weeks to go through.

Interestingly, someone asks him whether it's true that we only have £5m-£15m to spend this summer and this is his worrying reply -

This doesn’t surprise me at all - we need to sell a ‘big’ name - I’d happily lose Onana and Iwobi or Gray along with the obvious names e.g Maupay, Holgate, Gomes, Gbamin - big thing for me is taking advantage of the free agent market this summer - they’re obviously not free but a signing on fee and wages for someone like Dembele is far better business than £10m plus signing on fee and wages for someone like Maupay - there are plenty of free options there.

Here’s my understanding…

Shrewd business to me is say selling Gray for £20m which technically allows us to buy 4-5 £15-£20m players over a 4/5 yr contract e.g we replace Gray with Harrison for £16m but only pay £4m a season - we can put the Gray £20m on this year’s accounts then Harrison instalments over the next 4 years - by that time we are in the new stadium and bringing much more money into the club commercially. I know there’s other costs in all incomings and outgoings and we’ll already have remaining instalments to pay on some players but this is my picture of a shrewd model.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

Here’s my understanding…

Shrewd business to me is say selling Gray for £20m which technically allows us to buy 4-5 £15-£20m players over a 4/5 yr contract e.g we replace Gray with Harrison for £16m but only pay £4m a season - we can put the Gray £20m on this year’s accounts then Harrison instalments over the next 4 years - by that time we are in the new stadium and bringing much more money into the club commercially. I know there’s other costs in all incomings and outgoings and we’ll already have remaining instalments to pay on some players but this is my picture of a shrewd model.

If that’s right and you can see it, let’s hope our astute board can also.

3 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Begovic has said similar things.

I always think that where us fans get it pretty wrong is this mantra that it doesn't matter to players because they earn X amount, van just go home to their mansions, fuck their fit wives and drink champagne.

Some will be like that. Others haven't got to the top of the game by not giving a fuck or having any pride in what goes on.

Their humans too. We all have emotions and vulnerabilities. The booing, name calling, chanting etc will knock the shit out of many.

You aren’t referring to the tweet by mark1878 are you? He spouts nonsense 

3 hours ago, c1982 said:

Here’s my understanding…

This is assuming we get the 20M for gray up front.

as I've said before actual cash flow is just as big a problem as FFP.

we didn't buy certain players last year because the deals could t be structured on "the drip"

40 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

we didn't buy certain players last year because the deals could t be structured on "the drip"

£20m however it’s paid can go on this year’s accounts - then what you pay out can be reported over the contract. That’s my understanding anyway.

2 hours ago, StevO said:

@Hafnia for you mate, the Ian Ross emails. 

https://www.nsno.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=15350.150

So these emails went to Denise and Sharp in 2011?

Didn’t realise they were part of the board for so long. Thought Denise was a recent acquisition not that she had been part of us for 12 years. Damn time flies when your at the bottom!

3 hours ago, StevO said:

@Hafnia for you mate, the Ian Ross emails. 

https://www.nsno.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=15350.150

An absolute joke of a football club. The immaturity for a multi million pound business.  A culture of paranoia where the chairman is quizzing people when seen talking to others.   An absolute farce. 

I called it out at the time, this is the club that bill built. This is the culture and it’s not gonna change quickly. 

25 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

An absolute joke of a football club. The immaturity for a multi million pound business.  A culture of paranoia where the chairman is quizzing people when seen talking to others.   An absolute farce. 

I called it out at the time, this is the club that bill built. This is the culture and it’s not gonna change quickly. 

I’m more worried for next season than I was at the beginning of last season, we are doing really well at getting rid of players at the moment and with him still as Chairman and interfering will we be able to attract the right players for for the right money. 

8 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’m more worried for next season than I was at the beginning of last season, we are doing really well at getting rid of players at the moment and with him still as Chairman and interfering will we be able to attract the right players for for the right money. 

Fucking shambles. This was called out years ago by people who were ridiculed.  We can’t get relegated in our last season at goodison, but many fans really still don’t see the risk. 

22 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I actually feel really positive after yesterday’s news - didn’t it essentially confirm that Kenwright will be gone in the next few weeks once the MSP due diligence is done? That’s how I interpreted it anyway.

1 minute ago, c1982 said:

I actually feel really positive after yesterday’s news - didn’t it essentially confirm that Kenwright will be gone in the next few weeks once the MSP due diligence is done? That’s how I interpreted it anyway.

I hope you’re right but I find it hard to share your confidence, to many false dawns and empty promises for me to trust anything coming out the club whilst he’s still there. 

14 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I hope you’re right but I find it hard to share your confidence, to many false dawns and empty promises for me to trust anything coming out the club whilst he’s still there. 

I agree partially but this is the first time I’ve actually felt that the wheels are in motion for Bill’s departure and it seems to be gathering speed… as much as we ‘all’ want him out - it does make sense for there to be some transitional period - just as long as it does actually mark the end of Blue Bill!

On 23/06/2023 at 15:30, Hafnia said:

Kenwright is and always has been - a liar.  He always has been the ego.

he is the reason he is still here and the reason moshiri is here.  Kenwright was the main problem way before moshiri. 

you can’t dilute the stain that he is on this club just cos of the crazy billionaire owner.  A man of integrity would have resigned if we are led to believe that moshiri is the main problem.  It’s all “but” to excuse kenwright. He’s a fuckin joke who has wrecked our club before moshiri came along. Moshiri was a chance to play catch up on the mess bill created. 

and yes, he does have paid journos. 

I wouldnt trust Kenwright in any capacity and he needs to go too. I am not diluting anything either. My view is that Mohsiri is the biggest issue. He has all the power. If Kenwright goes, Mohsiri is just going to keep running this club into the ground. If Mohsiri goes, Kenwright will too.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Fucking shambles. This was called out years ago by people who were ridiculed.  We can’t get relegated in our last season at goodison, but many fans really still don’t see the risk. 

Ridiculed for their methods and over the top sensationalism to try and get attention. Their approach was ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Ridiculed for their methods and over the top sensationalism to try and get attention. Their approach was ridiculous.

What was ridiculous? I don’t think anything they did was ridiculous. The fact that kenwright is still here is because efforts haven’t been concentrated enough.

other Evertonians calling protests kopite behaviour 

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

What was ridiculous? I don’t think anything they did was ridiculous. The fact that kenwright is still here is because efforts haven’t been concentrated enough.

Of course you didn't, you supported them :rofl:

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

The Kopite behaviour were fans on the stadium being grabbed and told to sit down and protest, and they aren’t proper fans if they don’t. Sorry but that 100% is shit over the top behaviour. 

I saw fights in the stadium over it. I myself was grabbed by the shoulder and asked if I’m a proper fan for leaving. 

On the other hand some of it was done the right way. The planned walks were done with absolute respect for the police and surrounding fans. I saw the protest wait while the team coaches came through and emptied. 

53 minutes ago, Shukes said:

The Kopite behaviour were fans on the stadium being grabbed and told to sit down and protest, and they aren’t proper fans if they don’t. Sorry but that 100% is shit over the top behaviour. 

I saw fights in the stadium over it. I myself was grabbed by the shoulder and asked if I’m a proper fan for leaving. 

On the other hand some of it was done the right way. The planned walks were done with absolute respect for the police and surrounding fans. I saw the protest wait while the team coaches came through and emptied. 

I’m not talking about recent events - I’m talking about 2011 when the blue union protested. 

12 hours ago, c1982 said:

I agree partially but this is the first time I’ve actually felt that the wheels are in motion for Bill’s departure and it seems to be gathering speed… as much as we ‘all’ want him out - it does make sense for there to be some transitional period - just as long as it does actually mark the end of Blue Bill!

I have no faith that it will be the end of him.

I'll only believe he's gone when it actually happens, and until then he's got more time to get comfortable and try and fool yet more people into thinking he's important in the hope he'll get another stay of execution.

22 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

21 hours ago, c1982 said:

£20m however it’s paid can go on this year’s accounts - then what you pay out can be reported over the contract. That’s my understanding anyway.

That’s exactly how it works. Actually receiving the money isn’t our issue, that’s just cash flow, it’s how we account for it. 
The sale would count as the value sold minus any value still spread across the accounts, so for Gray we probably have about £200k still in the accounts so would be mostly profit. 
Whoever we bring in as a replacement their costs would be spread over the length of their first contract, probably four years or so. 

Edit; just seen the other replies. Late to the party. 

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

That’s all individuals though, that isn’t part of any protest plan; to give people shit and tell them they aren’t fans. 
That’s individual people doing things on their own. That can’t be pinned on the collective, none of that was in any way part of the plans. 

The likes of the walks is the actual planned way of doing things, banners at the game, the actual protest themselves. That’s how the group of people who planned them did things. I’ve seen them all condemn the bad behaviour too.