IGNORED

Stevenage (CoC)

pete0

Good thing our ball was picked out first, as our record for being on the other end of giant slayings is quite worrying. Stevenage are not doing to well in League 1, however managed to pip Ipswich in the last round, but shouldn't stifle us as much.

Hoping RM will blood a few youngsters in as well as move more towards his own system.

___________Robles

_____Stones__Jags__Distin

Coleman___Heitinga___Oviedo

Deulofeu___Osman_____Pienaar

____________Kone

Baines, Barkley and Felli rested, plus Heitinga will need practice at DM. Osman further forward so he can shine and hopefully find some form afterwards. Kone and Robles for match sharpness.

What teams did he pick at Wigan in the league cup (strong or reserves)....anyone know?

Think he mostly picked weakened sides because they concentrated on the league. Even against us he made a lot of changes.

Edit - I was thinking FA Cup, so disregard this!

Edited by Romey 1878

Wigan teams for their league cup games under Martinez last season

Third round - West Ham 1 Wigan Athletic 4 September 24 2012

El Habsi, Caldwell, Ramis, Stam, Lopez, Figueroa, Jones, McArthur, McManaman, Boselli, Miayachi

Subs - Pollitt, Boyce, Watson, Gomez, Fyvie, Kone, Orsula

Fourth Round - Wigan 0 Bradford City 0 (AET BCFC win on penalty strikes) October 30 2012

El Habsi, Ramis, Stam, Lopez, Jones, Watson, Gomes, Fyvie, Redmond, McManaman, Boselli

Subs - Pollitt, Golobart, Kiernan, Maloney, Beausejour, Kone, Orsula

All I want from this game is progression. When is it anyway. Wednesday next week ? Hope Martinez puts out a strong side and goes for the win. None of Moyes previous irritating defensive fucking tentative mindsets and repeats of previous cup embarrassments to lower league opposition. We have never won this competition. Going back to 1961, it's a very poor statistic, but this season - could finally be our year.

Think we'll win, but got to give respect to this opposition.

Everton 3 Stevenage Borough 1

Needs to be a strong side out there for me. We've had two draws now, we need to get these lads a win. So minimal changes IMO.

---------------Joel---------------

Coleman jags distin baines

------Heitinga -- Fellaini------

-------------Barkley-------------

------Gerry jelavic Kone-----

I think my team would be fairly similar to the ones above...

Robles

Stones - Jags - Distin (or Alcaraz if he is fit) - Oviedo

Heitinga

Pienaar - Fellaini

Deulofue Vic Naismith

I think he will start Kone against Cardiff so probably best to give Vic a run out.

Stones and Oviedo should get a chance. Oviedo is the obvious replacement for Baines but Jones it could be for either Coleman or a CB. Hibbert may even start if he is fully fit.

Im pretty sure Heitinga will be involved in the place of Osman, but it really does highlight the lack of strength in depth that we have in the middle because I cant think of anyone else who can come in for those positions that havent already started both our previous games.

Deulofue should get his chance and its likely to be for Mirallas and Naismith will probably also get run out.

Put a strong team out, but with Stones or Alcaraz in, Robles and Oviedo as well. Put Vic and/or Kone up top, put Vellios, Garbutt, Lundstram on the bench, and maybe we can give a few of them a half or 30 minutes if we get ahead early. Funny that no one is calling to see Duffy play, appears we've given up hope on him.

Put a strong team out, but with Stones or Alcaraz in, Robles and Oviedo as well. Put Vic and/or Kone up top, put Vellios, Garbutt, Lundstram on the bench, and maybe we can give a few of them a half or 30 minutes if we get ahead early. Funny that no one is calling to see Duffy play, appears we've given up hope on him.

Id happily see him in but I wouldnt want too much inexperience in the back four. Quite simply Stones and Oviedo have shown more this preseason. Plus I imagine he will go on loan and wont want to be cup tied.

Id happily see him in but I wouldnt want too much inexperience in the back four. Quite simply Stones and Oviedo have shown more this preseason. Plus I imagine he will go on loan and wont want to be cup tied.

id like Stones to go on loan but really hoping he can more time on the pitch with us. We didn't pay that much for him to loan him out, and correct me if I'm wrong, but bar Coleman and Barkley who else broke through for us after going on loan? Maybe include Ossie there but even so, it's a short list....

I think Stones will get used in the squad tbh. He has been on the bench for both games and I think Martinez rates him.

A lot of good players have been farmed out on loan early on and whilst them two have only come through with us recently its still a very good thing to do. I dont see Duffy being 3rd/4th choice so I think its best he gets games. He might never make it through but he has next to no chance if he doesnt start playing competitive games.

dont get all this "put a strong team out". Not meaning to disrespect to Stevenage, but seriously, our reserves should be able to take them

I don't want to put 11 inexperienced/non-regular players put out there having no chemistry with each other. I've seen too many big teams (including us) put out a weak 11 and get beat. We always complain about never winning a trophy, but we always manage to fuck up the League Cup early against a lower division team. I mean, this is one of only two trophies we can realistically win each year.

True, but with the amount we paid I'd be very surprised if we do loan him out

I think we only paid 500k for Stones, but with add-ons that can be up to 3m.

Only saw the 3m, not the break down.

I'm not saying send 11 players out who have never played together. I'd go with

...........................Joel......................

............Stones...Heits...Alcaraz...........

Coleman..............Felli...............Oviedo

Deloufeu.............Ossie.............Pienaar

............................Jela...........................

Really don't know why people are putting Alcaraz in to start when he hasn't even made the bench yet. Not exactly wise to throw a player returning from injury straight in.

Has he actually returned from injury?

RM said in yesterday's press conference that Alcaraz will be training with the squad at the end of this week.