Newcastle (H)...Romelu Lukaku

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

West Ham (A)...Leighton Baines

Chelsea (H)...Gareth Barry

Cardiff (A)...Ross Barkley

Stevenage (H)...Ross Barkley

West Brom (H)...Seamus Coleman

Norwich (A)...Ross Barkley

It was between Osman Lukaku and Pienaar for me today.

Some great runs by Lukaku to drag the defence and Pienaar ran the show the first half.

Osman was consistant and bagged a goal today and it just shows how influencial he has been for us in past seasons. Brilliant player, brilliant Evertonian.

We deserved a win, and not that im complaining - but 4-1 did not refelct the game! Well done lads, now lets show the prem that we can rack up the points in these following (im going to say easy - but I shouldn't) games. Something that Moyes always fell down on.

Having now had a chance to watch a replay of the match after work, for me it was a no-brainer that the MOTM was Coleman.

He was the one player I saw who was active, involved, and effective for the entire 90 minutes. Pienaar and Distin also put good shifts in, but Coleman hardly put a foot wrong the whole day.

He played absolute shut-down defense on the right side. Even during Fulham's best spell, almost every wide threat they could muster came from the left. He and Distin led the team with 3 interceptions each (he also chipped in two of the team's 11 successful tackles), and Fulham's only successful cross from the right side all day came on a free kick.

Passing! Where everyone else was misplacing passes all over the place, targeting the wrong spots and turning the ball over, Coleman made good decisions pretty much every single time. I wasn't sure what the stats were, but I checked and his pass completion rate for the game was 98% - 44 out of 45! The team as a whole only completed 77% of their passes, so it was obviously a big help to have at least one guy who knew where to put the ball every time he got it.

Heady positional play. Go back and watch his defending on that mishit header by Jags early in the second half. As soon as it was clear that Parker was going to beat everyone to the ball, he put on a burst of acceleration, closed down fast, and established a tight defensive position that blocked Parker from cutting back to the right and also subtly angled him away from the goal. Parker's only options were to go further left (worsening his angle, as he was already to the left of the near post), backwards, or shoot, and all he could manage was that curler around Coleman that might have gone wide even without Howard's save. It doesn't show up on the stat sheet, but those are the smart defensive plays that win you games, especially in contests where your team is at less than its best.

And I haven't even mentioned the goal yet....

Do people vote Pienaar just to annoy me? He was a little better than Barkley, both had some nice plays, but were the biggest culprits in the 2nd half for being weak and sloppy. If it wasn't for Distin (who had no help from Captain English) and Osman Everton would have lost yesterday.