IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers (FA Cup)

markjazzbassist

Just wondered why no Baines in today's squad, do Man U not want him cup-tied?

I'm guessing he's the one player who really needed some rest. Came back from injury, played two games, is still getting his feet under him again, and Roberto felt fully confident in Oviedo to handle the day. I really don't think he's going to ManUre this month.

who made that rule? and why?

Further responses, I think that it is a rule that remains from the earliest days of televised football. The clubs were worried that footy on TV would totally stop ALL people coming to matches if it were televised live on a saturday. I think it's a bit of an anachronism today, a bit like the old 'pubs had to close at 11' rule to stop wartime workers boozing it up.

Further responses, I think that it is a rule that remains from the earliest days of televised football. The clubs were worried that footy on TV would totally stop ALL people coming to matches if it were televised live on a saturday. I think it's a bit of an anachronism today, a bit like the old 'pubs had to close at 11' rule to stop wartime workers boozing it up.

thanks for the clarification. i actually applaud that rule. here in the states everything is just ran by money, tradition and looking out for the little guys is a thing of the past.

Ok dunc, based on this comment being repeated... you may just need to explain it.... its gotta be good.

ah now I see, yeah his press conference.

TBH I see no problem with that side, Robles and Jelavic being included isn't going to be a "weakened" team. Should have enough!

Lol sorry I was inside the ground and sending it from my phone but didnt think it had gone through