IGNORED

West Brom

markjazzbassist

With the injury bug in full swing it will be interesting to see our lineup for this match. I still think we should get all 3 points regardless of who's fielded, but here's my guess.

Howard

Coleman Jags Distin Baines

McCarthy Barry

Mirallas Osman Pienaar

Lukaku

If Distin isn't fit it will be stones in there, and if Pienaar still has that knock it will be mirallas on the left and naismith in there. Pretty thin on the bench, let's hope Gerry is back soon.

With the injury bug in full swing it will be interesting to see our lineup for this match. I still think we should get all 3 points regardless of who's fielded, but here's my guess.

Howard

McCarthy Barry

Mirallas Osman Pienaar

Lukaku

If Distin isn't fit it will be stones in there, and if Pienaar still has that knock it will be mirallas on the left and naismith in there. Pretty thin on the bench, let's hope Gerry is back soon.

With the exception of Barkley, this is a full-strength team. McGeady will replace Pienaar in the second half.

Howard

McCarthy Barry

Mirallas Osman Pienaar

Lukaku

Hells bells! That's not a bad team to put out at any time. We have some great options too, but after seeing what happened when Pienaar and Osman went off for Naismith and Heitenga I'm a little apprehensive. Perhaps Bobby was showcasing Johnny at the time but to change 2 midfielders at the same time doesn't go for me. I'd rather Osman come on for 20/25 mins than start tbh.

Where do you think that McGeady will fit in to a starting lineup? If he replaces Mirallas I think that he'll have to change his whole approach towards team-play rather than the selfish attitude that others think he has. However, Bobby has forgotten more about this sort of thing than I actually know, so in Bob I trust!

By the way....absolutely overjoyed at Baines penning a new deal!

Usual team with the milkman in for stonesey. With the shite drawing these next two games could mean us putting daylight between us . Think the little break will do us a favour and can see a good win 0-2 lukaku double

Hi Guys,

Not been on here for while, I gave an opinion on Lukaku that he was not the finished article, but was a great guy and you would love him, seems to have been about right!

Anyway, tomorrows game, well you are rightly favourites, I'm hoping we can get at least a draw but to be honest, after getting rid of the dour Clarke, we have little idea on what team or tactics we will use, I expect us to at least try to pass the ball, which will be a pleasant change.

Whatever the outcome, good luck for the rest of the season, Everton are probably my favourite team after the Baggies, don't know why, maybe because of 68, by the way, its the 12 anniversary of Jeff Astles death today if that is any sort of omen.

Hi Guys,

Not been on here for while, I gave an opinion on Lukaku that he was not the finished article, but was a great guy and you would love him, seems to have been about right!

Anyway, tomorrows game, well you are rightly favourites, I'm hoping we can get at least a draw but to be honest, after getting rid of the dour Clarke, we have little idea on what team or tactics we will use, I expect us to at least try to pass the ball, which will be a pleasant change.

Whatever the outcome, good luck for the rest of the season, Everton are probably my favourite team after the Baggies, don't know why, maybe because of 68, by the way, its the 12 anniversary of Jeff Astles death today if that is any sort of omen.

I remember watching that game. Wasn't it Everton's Morrissey who could hurl the ball a distance from a throw-in? I remember the Jeff Astle goal, too.

PS - I just watched highlights of that game on YouTube and was struck by the sportsmanship. If a defender made a challenge, the forward struggled to stay on his feet and would continue. If someone was hurt, someone from the other team would run over to help. No one stayed down for more than a second or two. Contrast that with all the acting that goes on nowadays. How things have changed.

Edited by Cornish Steve