IGNORED

Players Out of Contract at The End of the Year

Here's who's out of contract at the end of the year

Hibbert

Heitinga (unless he's moved this january)

Distin

Vellios

McAleny

Touray

Springthorpe

Duelofeu (Loan)

Barry (Loan)

Lukaku (Loan)

I know RM wants to re-sign Sylvain and wouldn't be surprised to see the youngsters get another year contract or so, but I can see Vellios and Hibbert leaving in the summer. Thoughts?

yeah vellios will be gone, but hibbert really? he plays with the reserves most of the time. and with the coleman injury he didn't go in at Right Back, Stones did. so he doesn't have the faith of RM. i could see him doing the player/manager role though and try and get into the coaching ranks, but other than that i don't see why we'd keep him around.

yeah vellios will be gone, but hibbert really? he plays with the reserves most of the time. and with the coleman injury he didn't go in at Right Back, Stones did. so he doesn't have the faith of RM. i could see him doing the player/manager role though and try and get into the coaching ranks, but other than that i don't see why we'd keep him around.

Yeah, I have to admit I was surprised to see Stones come on instead of Hibbert at RB. I think Vellios will get an extension but not Hibbert unless it's the player/coach role like you mentioned.

I'd really like Hibbert to hang around, but I don't want to waste wages on a player that will never play, and I also wish I could see Hibbo playing regularly somewhere, so I'm quite torn on him. Vellios should go, Distin should get an extension, McAleny should get an extension with a promise of loaning him out (Martinez talks about him like he's promising), and I'm unsure about Touray and Springthorpe.

Hibbert - will get 1yr extension

Heitinga (unless he's moved this january) - will defintely not stay

Distin - will get a 1yr rolling extension I imagine, hes showing no signs of slowing down or getting unfit

Vellios - Hope he gets an extension to prove himself, though I dont see it.

McAleny - Will definitely get an extension, probably 3 yrs

Touray - dunno!

Springthorpe - think it will depend on his loan spell success

Hibbert will get an extension and will probably get involved with the academy coaching staff at some point. Martinez has said previously, if I remember right, that him and Osman are a part of the fabric of the club and are important to have around even if they don't play so much.

Would like to see Distin, Velios and Mcaleny get new contracts, and I think Springthorpe will also depend on how he performs during his loan spell.

Would like to see more of Deulofeu next year too if we can keep him.

Hoping that Barry is pretty much a formality.

FA Cup match against the worst team in League One, Lukaku on the bench, Traore not included, Jelavic sent packing, and even still Vellios can't get into the XI. I'll be stunned if he's still here next season.

yeah and he didn't even get subbed in, gueye did. i completely agree and think vellios will head back to greece.

• 9 months later...

Bored at work today so I thought I'd have a look and see who is out of contract at the end of the year. Here's the list so far pulled from the team website.

Christian Atsu (loan)

Slyvain Distin

Leon Osman

Antolin Alcaraz

I think distin and Alcaraz will be let go, and we'll see browning and either Galloway or Pennington as the 4th CB. Osman is a tough one, could see a 1 or 2 year deal and he's a squad player, or I could see him getting released.

The interesting thing is we have a ton of players who's contracts end in 2016. Mirallas, pienaar, naisy, Kone, Oviedo, Hibbert, gibson, eto'o. Should be interesting.

Bored at work today so I thought I'd have a look and see who is out of contract at the end of the year. Here's the list so far pulled from the team website.

Christian Atsu (loan)

Slyvain Distin

Leon Osman

Antolin Alcaraz

I think distin and Alcaraz will be let go, and we'll see browning and either Galloway or Pennington as the 4th CB. Osman is a tough one, could see a 1 or 2 year deal and he's a squad player, or I could see him getting released.

The interesting thing is we have a ton of players who's contracts end in 2016. Mirallas, pienaar, naisy, Kone, Oviedo, Hibbert, gibson, eto'o. Should be interesting.

I remember Martinez saying that Alcaraz is the type of player that will see out his contract and then move onto a new challenge so I think he will be gone. Distin is tricky as its hard to tell from this season how much more he has to give.

Osman should retire IMO. He can still do well in short spells but his legs have gone and I cant see us releasing him.

The jurys out on Atsu, a lot can happen between now & the end of the season. Personally I'd give Ossie another year as a squad player & wave goodbye to both the Milkman & the birdman. Think big Sil's being eased out & old father time is finally catching up with him. Alcaraz looks decent in spells but can't stay fit & would rather Browning, Pennington or Galloway got a chance. Ossie's a strange one as we all know his days as a starter have been gone pretty much since he was capped for England. Big character in the dressing room though, proper Evertonian, (we all regret some of our ideals as a kid!) & still has something to offer imo. (Hibbo's stand in performances of late have swayed my opinion on that.)

Yes I think so as well. I'd be okay with it, off the bench he still offers something. But I can understand why some here will hope he retires.

I guess people want to see him retire because they cant bare to see him at another club, however don't want to see him crumble at Everton. The lad bleeds blue and it would be a shame if people started hating him from his last few performances, rather than idolise him for his devoted career at Everton.

Its a tough one, maybe a year extension would be good, but I hope he joins the coaching staff along with Hibbo in the not too far future.

I wouldn't mind Osman getting a 2 year contract. I've always said that when he goes we'll realise he was actually a big part of the jigsaw. With injuries to top players he's always slotted in and done a job, he's still doing that now. Scored some important goals. Still good enough for me.

I wouldn't mind Osman getting a 2 year contract. I've always said that when he goes we'll realise he was actually a big part of the jigsaw. With injuries to top players he's always slotted in and done a job, he's still doing that now. Scored some important goals. Still good enough for me.

What are your thoughts on distin and Alcaraz? Would you like to see them re-signed, or rather see the likes of Galloway, Pennington, and browning?

What are your thoughts on distin and Alcaraz? Would you like to see them re-signed, or rather see the likes of Galloway, Pennington, and browning?

I think Distins cards are marked. I do t think he'll get offered another contract or accept one.

I'd hope Alcaraz stays dependant on his wage structure. He has far too many injuries but he's a good player.

The problem we have here is if both leave we're going to need instant replacements because I don't think any of those youngsters are ready to step in and play centre half yet. Browning is close at RB but centre back for me a couple if not a few years away.

I think Distins cards are marked. I do t think he'll get offered another contract or accept one.

I'd hope Alcaraz stays dependant on his wage structure. He has far too many injuries but he's a good player.

The problem we have here is if both leave we're going to need instant replacements because I don't think any of those youngsters are ready to step in and play centre half yet. Browning is close at RB but centre back for me a couple if not a few years away.

I think we need to get browning playing time now. Europa, league cup, get the lad some minutes. Yeah I would be fine with Alcaraz re-signing as well, but only if he finishes this season injury free. If he's out again for something or another, I say just let him go, not worth the wages.

I think we need to get browning playing time now. Europa, league cup, get the lad some minutes. Yeah I would be fine with Alcaraz re-signing as well, but only if he finishes this season injury free. If he's out again for something or another, I say just let him go, not worth the wages.

I think Browning will play more towards the end of the season dependant on our league position and what's left to play for. He's definitely not far off from what I've seen. But don't think he'll be ready to play as a regular/cover cebtre half for 2/3 years.