IGNORED

Who should we sell?

Who is worth anything that's not a crucial part of the team. This teams worth very little IMO.

The main asset is Barkley after him I don't think any of our permanent players would sell for over £15m (McCarthy) Jags and Baines £12m

Squads worth very very little.

Edit: Mirallas Coleman boss. £15m+

All crucial players though. I wouldn't bank on any decent funds being made from player sales unless it's a crucial one.

Edited by MiguelCotto

Mirallas - Command a worthy fee, that could be replaced.

Gibson - Too injury prone unfortunately. May get a few mil from the likes of Cardiff/Fulham.

Kone - Injury prone and not very good striker, he may actually be 56 and we need to recoup as much as possible.

Duffy - Would like him to stay, just don't get the impression he will. Promotion chasing Championship team will bag him for a mil.

Vellios - Just not the player I had hoped he'd become.

That's it really. We wouldn't get a great deal for them (except Kev).

We'd get decent (10m+) coin for Mirallas, Barkley, Baines, McCarthy and Coleman. But to be completely honest, all of them are crucial to the side IMO. There's got to be money floating around that Bill has kept under wraps from the sale of a few players in the last 24 months. I'd be pretty annoyed if any players left in the summer, except for maybe Vellios or Kone. Even Gibson is still a big part of the side. He was quality last season when he was starting centre-mid, and if Barry (should he become permanently signed) or McCarthy get injured he'd be a very capable replacement.

I'm hoping that we don't sell any of the big players, but the only one we could sell for enough money to buy a couple of players with, and replace, would be Mirallas. (Don't cry Cotto, this isn't an Everton board meeting its just a discussion)

We wouldn't get enough money for the likes of Vellios, Kone, Duffy, Naismith, Osman or Hibbert to buy anyone of quality and we'd be left massively short, even though I think we should get rid of all of them once we've got replacements in.

Not sure why people are putting Vellios up for sale, isnt he out of contract?

Duffy is as well isn't he?

So the two young players with potential that we have (besides Barkley, already first team quality) are out of favour, and out of contract?

Masterstroke there.

So the two young players with potential that we have (besides Barkley, already first team quality) are out of favour, and out of contract?

Masterstroke there.

Masterstroke there.

it is if theyre not good enough :)

it is if theyre not good enough :)

Didn't think of that! ;)

What I mean is, they both have prem experience, so wouldn't we at the very least tie them to contracts so we can get some dosh for them? Even if it's only a little.

Edit: Romey beat me to it.

Edited by Pearso

No, it's not. Even if they're not good enough for us we should have them under contract so we can get a fee for them, however minimal.

I thought of that, but then you have to pay a wage in the meantime and hope they get sold, and that the sell on covers the wages spent. Either way, youre talking about relative pennies....

I thought of that, but then you have to pay a wage in the meantime and hope they get sold, and that the sell on covers the wages spent. Either way, youre talking about relative pennies....

The wages wouldn't be bank breaking. And, tbh, it's more about being able to negotiate a sell-on fee more than getting anything decent in terms of a transfer fee. As we all know, young players often blossom later on and end up moving to a bigger club and forging a decent career for themselves.

The wages wouldn't be bank breaking. And, tbh, it's more about being able to negotiate a sell-on fee more than getting anything decent in terms of a transfer fee. As we all know, young players often blossom later on and end up moving to a bigger club and forging a decent career for themselves.

didnt think of that! Even then, really depends on who theyre sold on to. Dont think we wouldve got much had Baxter had that clause

didnt think of that! Even then, really depends on who theyre sold on to. Dont think we wouldve got much had Baxter had that clause

Every penny helps when you've put the time and money into training them etc. When very few players actually come through an academy and make it in that club's first team it's these sort of things where you make your money back to put back into the academy.

Everton can be very short-sighted when it comes to realising we're a business as well as a football club.