IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Guest rusty747

I can see where Roberto is coming from about increasing numbers rather than quality but I do think we need at least one and preferably two stellar signings. We need a 20 goal a season striker and a creative centre mid of proven pedigree. On his day, Ross is as good as they get but he is young and there are times when he needs benching for a few games. Similarly, Lukaku. I would like him to extend his loan but would also like to see Bony or Remy join us. I really rate Mcaleny and think it could be his breakthrough year. Good youngsters coming through are great but I do feel we need a couple more players with big game experience.

I would also be happy to have Lescott back provided the salary was not too great.

If Roberto can work his magic I can see a good run in the Europa League, a solid top 4 finish and maybe some silverware.

Good tines beckon.

Edited by rusty747

I don't think anybody is going to leave this season. I think we have got a good enough squad. We have got money left in the bank to buy some quality players.

Some of the players we are getting to linked to don't exactly fill me with excitement. (Except for Welbeck, the work rate on the lad is immense).

Players I feel would take us to the next level are:

Defender: Lescott (Free) or Richards (£6m) or Martins Indi (£6m)

Midfield: Mo Diame (£3.5m release clause) & either Alex Song (£12m) or Yann M'Vila (£9m)

Stikers: Both Michy Batshuayi (£6.5m Release Clause) & Alexandre Lacazette (£12-£15m)

The 2 strikers are the most important and I feel these are much better options for the money than a lot of the suggestion made on other comments.

Players I feel would take us to the next level are:

Defender: Lescott (Free) or Richards (£6m) or Martins Indi (£6m)

Midfield: Mo Diame (£3.5m release clause) & either Alex Song (£12m) or Yann M'Vila (£9m)

Stikers: Both Michy Batshuayi (£6.5m Release Clause) & Alexandre Lacazette (£12-£15m)

The 2 strikers are the most important and I feel these are much better options for the money than a lot of the suggestion made on other comments.

If we could get Song, I would need to change my underwear.

Why? He's got to be one of the most undisciplined defensive midfielders around. He's pretty shit at what he's actually supposed to be good at.

I remember him playing for Arsenal a few years back and being a cracking player.

If only RM can secure Barry, Lescott and Rodwell on loan, plus one decent striker, I would be very happy.

Dundee United has three youngsters RM likes very much too, and they would be cheap.

He said recently he wanted six players recently to cope with the EL demands, I included 7 but Rodwell doesn't seem to be a target and Cleverley probably is.

If only RM can secure Barry, Lescott and Rodwell on loan, plus one decent striker, I would be very happy.

Dundee United has three youngsters RM likes very much too, and they would be cheap.

He said recently he wanted six players recently to cope with the EL demands, I included 7 but Rodwell doesn't seem to be a target and Cleverley probably is.

To be honest I always think he's been over rated (good goal against united a couple seasons ago though) wouldnt take him back.

I'd like to see Roberto get a large chunk of this £90m and the left overs from the last window to secure a few players to depthen the squad. We need to bring in 7-8 players IMO as 3 are leaving us and we need to have depth for Europe. Quantity over quality right now as realistically how much of a budget are we going to get?! Hopefully we can sign Barry on a free for reduced wages, Delu on another loan for the season and Lescott on a free too. That gets rid of 3 worries without having to break the bank (unless Barry refuses to take much of a pay cut). We need to spend the most on a seasoned striker too, Wilfred Bony comes to mind but is he going to cost us £15m? Or even Remy, who cost QPR £8m? I think we should expect quanitiy over quality this summer.

To be honest I always think he's been over rated (good goal against united a couple seasons ago though) wouldnt take him back.

I'd like to see Roberto get a large chunk of this £90m and the left overs from the last window to secure a few players to depthen the squad. We need to bring in 7-8 players IMO as 3 are leaving us and we need to have depth for Europe. Quantity over quality right now as realistically how much of a budget are we going to get?! Hopefully we can sign Barry on a free for reduced wages, Delu on another loan for the season and Lescott on a free too. That gets rid of 3 worries without having to break the bank (unless Barry refuses to take much of a pay cut). We need to spend the most on a seasoned striker too, Wilfred Bony comes to mind but is he going to cost us £15m? Or even Remy, who cost QPR £8m? I think we should expect quanitiy over quality this summer.

What 90m quid? The projected income?

Bony is going to cost more than £15m. Swansea bought him for £12m a year ago and they have no reason to sell him other than the offer being too good to turn down.

Bony is going to cost more than £15m. Swansea bought him for £12m a year ago and they have no reason to sell him other than the offer being too good to turn down.

Or the player does what Suarez did last year... not a fan of that behaviour though, as they would do the same to us.

What 90m quid? The projected income?

TV rights.

• From Overseas TV rights Each club gets £31m each.
  • From Domestic TV Rights Each club get £22m each.
  • Merit payment (Everton get £17m for 5th).
  • Plus £721,000 per live game (Everton get £15m).
  • BBC MOTD Each club gets £3m.
  • Internet/Mobile Each Club gets £500,000.

Making a total of about £89m. (This is an approximate total)

Just saying what has been rumoured, not that I agree with it. I'd doubt he'd be sold for £15m either. Maybe Remy is a better option.

TV rights.

• From Overseas TV rights Each club gets £31m each.
  • From Domestic TV Rights Each club get £22m each.
  • Merit payment (Everton get £17m for 5th).
  • Plus £721,000 per live game (Everton get £15m).
  • BBC MOTD Each club gets £3m.
  • Internet/Mobile Each Club gets £500,000.

Making a total of about £89m. (This is an approximate total)

Cheers. I didnt think that would be on top of the 89m that we bring in for some reason. Are we expecting a 160-180m income next year then? I thought we might be getting somewhere in the region of 30m extra after all the bills to be paid...

Cheers. I didnt think that would be on top of the 89m that we bring in for some reason. Are we expecting a 160-180m income next year then? I thought we might be getting somewhere in the region of 30m extra after all the bills to be paid...

No idea, all TV rights have been boosted in price so clubs are getting a massive pay out. I would expect us to pay off a chunk of a debt before anything though. On top of that we've got the Europa League money too, however I dont think that actually equates to much unless you win the thing.

No idea, all TV rights have been boosted in price so clubs are getting a massive pay out. I would expect us to pay off a chunk of a debt before anything though. On top of that we've got the Europa League money too, however I dont think that actually equates to much unless you win the thing.

I know we are in for a boost, but dont think its going to double our income. Guess we will see :)

Europa money isn't worth counting in the scheme of things (see Louis' post)

I wouldn't get too excited over extra money from TV etc.

And, no, not because the board will nick it or anything like that.

But more because other clubs know Premiership teams have the extra income, agents know they have it. All that happens is transfer fees and wages go up. So you don't really gain from it.

All that happens is yesterday's 'expensive' fee becomes today's 'normal' fee.

I wouldn't get too excited over extra money from TV etc.

And, no, not because the board will nick it or anything like that.

But more because other clubs know Premiership teams have the extra income, agents know they have it. All that happens is transfer fees and wages go up. So you don't really gain from it.

All that happens is yesterday's 'expensive' fee becomes today's 'normal' fee.

Inflation is always going to happen, but £90m is a hell of a lot of money.

No, this isn't just inflation.

£90mill IS a lot of money. But if every club also has that £90 million, do you think that the £10 million player from Belgium will still only cost £10 million? His proposed £30k per week goes to £40k. Signing on fee etc doubles. Agents fees shoot up.

Know what I mean?

Take for example prices of certain commodities in the 'richer' south to the 'poorer' north. Same product, but bigger prices where the money is. Same ethos really.