IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

No, this isn't just inflation.

£90mill IS a lot of money. But if every club also has that £90 million, do you think that the £10 million player from Belgium will still only cost £10 million? His proposed £30k per week goes to £40k. Signing on fee etc doubles. Agents fees shoot up.

Know what I mean?

Take for example prices of certain commodities in the 'richer' south to the 'poorer' north. Same product, but bigger prices where the money is. Same ethos really.

I do, but gut feeling says that prices wont go off the scale because of it. Wages maybe, despite FFP

Hmmmm...we'll see.

Money makes the world go round. Every fucker wants more money.

Prices and wages continuously go up way above anything else. Usually in line with new mega bucks TV and commercial deals.

Is Everton any better off despite all the extra TV money that comes in? Nah.

Hmmmm...we'll see.

Prices and wages continuously go up way above anything else. Usually in line with new mega bucks TV and commercial deals.

cant argue with the sentiment mate. But that wont stop me from hoping you're really, really wrong!

Up front we need two centre forwards. Personally, I like Danny Welbeck and I'd like us to get him in as one of them. For the second one, I'd be fine with extending Lacina Traoré's loan deal for a full season. Them two plus Koné and we'd have good depth imo. Especially as we've seen Naismith can do a job here too.

On the wings we have Pienaar, Mirallas and McGeady. So we could do with another wide man. Pienaar is more of a playmaking type, Mirallas and McGeady are more direct players. So to balance things out, I'd look to get another playmaker, especially as Pienaar is getting on in age. I'd prefer a left-footed player as well. Perhaps Ryan Gauld can be that David Silva type player for us in the future? It'd be nice if we could see Matthew Kennedy on the left and Ryan Gauld on the right in a couple of years. Now that we've got McGeady, getting Deulofeu on loan again would be more of a nice extra.

In the number ten position we have Barkley as the starter. I'm fully committed to him, so I wouldn't buy another attacking midfielder. We should be invested in Ross. We've got Naismith as his backup. And Osman as well, though I'd like to see him in a diminished role next season in favour of Ross and Naisy. I feel like he could make a great youth coach in the future btw. It would be great if our youngsters could work with someone with his technique.

We've only got McCarthy and Gibson for the double pivot as of right now. So we should look to get another 6 and another 8. Gareth Barry would be my preferred 6. If Barry decides to sign elsewhere, we could try Baines in that role, but in that case we'd have to get another left back. For the 8 position, I'd be fine with Tom Cleverley or James Milner. I love Fabian Delph, but I guess Villa would be less eager to part with him than United or City would be with Cleverley or Milner. Four players should be enough. If Gibson goes down again, we'd be down to three again of course. But we've still got Barkley and Osman as well and I don't want to clutter up the way to the first team for kids like Ledson and Grant too much either.

At left back, we should be fine. If we're going to rely on Baines in midfield though, I'd look to sign another young one, such as Andy Robertson, to compete with Oviedo and Garbutt. At right back, we need a better backup than Hibbert, who might retire this summer anyway. However, I'd have no qualms with relying on Tyias Browning stepping up. I think we're fine at centre back as well with Jagielka, Distin, Stones and Alcaraz. Especially as Pennington is apparently looking good as well. I wouldn't be opposed to signing another youngster, like Souttar, though.

We should be fine in goal with Howard and Robles. Howard has signed a new deal so I suppose we aren't looking to upgrade. I haven't been impressed with Robles, but we'll give him another season.

Guest blueboy122

Up front we need two centre forwards. Personally, I like Danny Welbeck and I'd like us to get him in as one of them. For the second one, I'd be fine with extending Lacina Traoré's loan deal for a full season. Them two plus Koné and we'd have good depth imo. Especially as we've seen Naismith can do a job here too.

On the wings we have Pienaar, Mirallas and McGeady. So we could do with another wide man. Pienaar is more of a playmaking type, Mirallas and McGeady are more direct players. So to balance things out, I'd look to get another playmaker, especially as Pienaar is getting on in age. I'd prefer a left-footed player as well. Perhaps Ryan Gauld can be that David Silva type player for us in the future? It'd be nice if we could see Matthew Kennedy on the left and Ryan Gauld on the right in a couple of years. Now that we've got McGeady, getting Deulofeu on loan again would be more of a nice extra.

In the number ten position we have Barkley as the starter. I'm fully committed to him, so I wouldn't buy another attacking midfielder. We should be invested in Ross. We've got Naismith as his backup. And Osman as well, though I'd like to see him in a diminished role next season in favour of Ross and Naisy. I feel like he could make a great youth coach in the future btw. It would be great if our youngsters could work with someone with his technique.

We've only got McCarthy and Gibson for the double pivot as of right now. So we should look to get another 6 and another 8. Gareth Barry would be my preferred 6. If Barry decides to sign elsewhere, we could try Baines in that role, but in that case we'd have to get another left back. For the 8 position, I'd be fine with Tom Cleverley or James Milner. I love Fabian Delph, but I guess Villa would be less eager to part with him than United or City would be with Cleverley or Milner. Four players should be enough. If Gibson goes down again, we'd be down to three again of course. But we've still got Barkley and Osman as well and I don't want to clutter up the way to the first team for kids like Ledson and Grant too much either.

At left back, we should be fine. If we're going to rely on Baines in midfield though, I'd look to sign another young one, such as Andy Robertson, to compete with Oviedo and Garbutt. At right back, we need a better backup than Hibbert, who might retire this summer anyway. However, I'd have no qualms with relying on Tyias Browning stepping up. I think we're fine at centre back as well with Jagielka, Distin, Stones and Alcaraz. Especially as Pennington is apparently looking good as well. I wouldn't be opposed to signing another youngster, like Souttar, though.

We should be fine in goal with Howard and Robles. Howard has signed a new deal so I suppose we aren't looking to upgrade. I haven't been impressed with Robles, but we'll give him another season.

Good post and agree with most of your points however I would definitely be going for Diame and Colback for extra bodies in the midfield and Colback wouldn't cost us a penny so that would be ideal.

Forward wise I have said on another post that I would love Sessegnon and Welback as well. We play better with a more technical smaller centre forward rather than a big battling brute like Rom. Sessegnon looks very similar to Suarez in the way he plays nobody wants to touch him in the box as he twists and turns everywhere and he is also rapid as well.

the players i would like to see are

colback, diame, welbeck, milner and another striker. i think this would really give us the boost on quality that is needed to go to the next step and play in europe. if we can add the youngesters coming through, and a few from north of the border for future years to i think it would be great business.

the reasons behind the players i would like? colback is a decent backup for what we have at the moment in the holding position and free

diame is a good box to box midfielder for when we want to change the formation or he can sit in behind the strikers simular to barkley now and cheap

Welbeck i think could be a fantastic striker given game time to build his confidence. he has a decent first touch and a cracking shot on him

Milner IMO is very under rated. a cracking holding midfielder, he can also play in a number of postions as back up.

Roberto isnt scared to rotate his players so boosting the numbers in these positions could prove fantastic business. we also have kone to come back, who i think will be hungry and want to prove his worth!

I read somewhere that Colback is signing for Newcastle, and he would just be a squad player for us so I'm not too dissapointed about that. I'd much rather like Jack Cork (24), he's been quite good this season and he's English.

I see most of us would like to sign cheap decent players, but after going over some of the posts I really hope Roberto shows more ambition than us and tries to get a young promising player to be developed and nurtured for the next couple of years. I wouldn't want journeymen like Diame or Colback unless there's not a better option. Show some ambition, Roberto!

Cheeky options at good prices:

- Casemiro (DMC, Real Madrid). Brazilian, aged 20, signed for 6M two years ago from Sao Paulo. He played the first year in Real Madrid "B", showed some promise and he got promoted to the first team. Then Real signed Illarramendi for 40M and the guy is the 5th option for midfield, after Alonso, Modric, Khedira and Illarramendi. This year Khedira tore his ACL and he barely played. He's a good player, decent technique, strong, mobile and willing to do the dirt for the team. For 10M € he would be available, he will be available for loan next season as well.

- Tello (22) / Adama Traoré (18) (FWD, Barcelona): Ultra quick wingers that can't see playing time in Barcelona due to star signings above them in the pecking order (Messi, Neymar, Alexis, Cesc and Pedro). 10M€ release clause for Tello. Effective. I would say that Pedro wants to move too, but he would be too expensive at the moment and bigger clubs would get him. Traoré is just 18 and that would be a loan, considering he's touted the next big thing. Looks more complete than Deulofeu, and he's already played more for the first team than Deulofeu. Please Roberto, use your links with Barcelona and bring another exciting cheap/on loan forward.

We know that RM goes to the world cup to scout players, but last time he ended up with a bunch of Honduran cheap players in Wigan. I just hope he realises Everton can do much better than that. It's an exciting offseason that will mould the future of the club.

I read somewhere that Colback is signing for Newcastle, and he would just be a squad player for us so I'm not too dissapointed about that. I'd much rather like Jack Cork (24), he's been quite good this season and he's English.

I see most of us would like to sign cheap decent players, but after going over some of the posts I really hope Roberto shows more ambition than us and tries to get a young promising player to be developed and nurtured for the next couple of years. I wouldn't want journeymen like Diame or Colback unless there's not a better option. Show some ambition, Roberto!

Cheeky options at good prices:

- Casemiro (DMC, Real Madrid). Brazilian, aged 20, signed for 6M two years ago from Sao Paulo. He played the first year in Real Madrid "B", showed some promise and he got promoted to the first team. Then Real signed Illarramendi for 40M and the guy is the 5th option for midfield, after Alonso, Modric, Khedira and Illarramendi. This year Khedira tore his ACL and he barely played. He's a good player, decent technique, strong, mobile and willing to do the dirt for the team. For 10M € he would be available, he will be available for loan next season as well.

- Tello (22) / Adama Traoré (18) (FWD, Barcelona): Ultra quick wingers that can't see playing time in Barcelona due to star signings above them in the pecking order (Messi, Neymar, Alexis, Cesc and Pedro). 10M€ release clause for Tello. Effective. I would say that Pedro wants to move too, but he would be too expensive at the moment and bigger clubs would get him. Traoré is just 18 and that would be a loan, considering he's touted the next big thing. Looks more complete than Deulofeu, and he's already played more for the first team than Deulofeu. Please Roberto, use your links with Barcelona and bring another exciting cheap/on loan forward.

We know that RM goes to the world cup to scout players, but last time he ended up with a bunch of Honduran cheap players in Wigan. I just hope he realises Everton can do much better than that. It's an exciting offseason that will mould the future of the club.

Tello has been linked with Liverpool for about 3 years now, not sure we would be in the running.

Hmmmm...we'll see.

I always thought it was love. :dont know:

Assuming Hamburger SV go down, two very promising youngsters I would like to steal from them are Jonathan Tah, 18-year-old CB, and Hakan Calhanoglu, 20-year-old AM who has been tearing it up. Could play in a Pienaar role too. He's being linked to the likes of Atletico and Real, so if we want him (and we should), we would need to move fast.

Edited by JoeQuince

I would like us to go for Lukaku to be honest. I think he is only going to get better! 15 goals and 6 assists isn't a bad return. It would be a lot of money though that is the only problem. He has proven himself each year. If I had a choice between Remy or Lukaku and they were valued at the same price I would take Lukaku. Remy is going to be about 15 mil. Why not pay the extra 5-7mil for a player who gets along with the team as well. :)

Guest blueboy122

I would like us to go for Lukaku to be honest. I think he is only going to get better! 15 goals and 6 assists isn't a bad return. It would be a lot of money though that is the only problem. He has proven himself each year. If I had a choice between Remy or Lukaku and they were valued at the same price I would take Lukaku. Remy is going to be about 15 mil. Why not pay the extra 5-7mil for a player who gets along with the team as well. :)

Remy will cost about 8 or 9 max I think.

I still can't get over the quality of player people are suggesting we should buy on here!

Most of the players suggested are cack, we are 5th, not 15th. We should buy better players than what is being suggested. Current players in Premier League are overpriced so should be looking abroad, we have enough premier experience already in our team.

Lets buy a Scottish player! We should buy Colback! We should buy Man Utd reject! These deals are no where near ambitious enough.

Can't we aim higher than Colback and Diame. FFS Diame is always in a relegation battle and Colback just wouldn't improve us. We need better squad players than them.

So all players in a relegation battle are unworthy? Daft. No logic.

Martinez spent a lot of time fighting relegation and turned out ok for us.

I still can't get over the quality of player people are suggesting we should buy on here!

Most of the players suggested are cack, we are 5th, not 15th. We should buy better players than what is being suggested. Current players in Premier League are overpriced so should be looking abroad, we have enough premier experience already in our team.

Lets buy a Scottish player! We should buy Colback! We should buy Man Utd reject! These deals are no where near ambitious enough.

You're right. I reckon Schweinsteiger, Iniesta, and Sergio Ramos are more reasonable shouts!

Scottish? Fighting relegation?

That James McCarthy is shite!

So all players in a relegation battle are unworthy? Daft. No logic.

Martinez spent a lot of time fighting relegation and turned out ok for us.

Yes they're down there for a reason. If you can name 10 players who turned out top players from relegation threatened teams I'll happily concede. Unfortunately You can probably name 100x more who remained average.

HUGE difference in managers quality fighting relegation (with shite players) than quality of relegation fodder players and Colback and Diame are bang average players.

Edited by MiguelCotto

You're spot on mate.

Btw McCarthy wouldn't get in any of the best sides in Europe. He's at his level.

Yes they're down there for a reason. If you can name 10 players who turned out top players from relegation threatened teams I'll happily concede.

HUGE difference in managers quality fighting relegation (with shite players) than quality of relegation fodder players and Colback and Diame are bang average players.

Distin, McCarthy from our team. I'm sure there are a multitude of others.

Distin, McCarthy from our team. I'm sure there are a multitude of others.

Go on then?

If we're talking about CL football then personally I don't think McCarthy or Distin are at that level.

Also Diame (small buyout clause, not triggered) and Colback aren't even the best players at their present clubs. FFS let's aim higher than that!

It seems we've all accepted mediocrity again. We should be signing quality players

Edited by MiguelCotto