IGNORED

Everton v Man City

Guest rusty747

As mentioned fifth is no disgrace and it's a great achievement for Martinez in his first season. Todays game caused no end of divide and difference of opinion and in the end, the percentage who favored an opposition victory got their way, but more power to those who were behind Everton 100 per cent and didn't care for other teams business. Your loyalty and resolution commands respect and it's a pity there weren't more in the same boat, but fully appreciate those who had concerns about how todays game could assist other club sides.

It's been a very good season for the most part and came so close to european cup participation (Arsenal aren't going to blow it now) and Martinez has been a breath of fresh air after David Moyes often frustrating and banal approaches. Skeptics questioned his appointment, but you got to argue it was a fine decision.

I thought supporting Everton first and foremost was the basis of being an Evertonian? Being so bitter and petty is their level, its kopite behaviour.

We had nothing to play for and could stop Liverpool from winning the league. Too fucking right I'm glad we lost. I took no pride in seeing City score and didn't celebrate any of their goals but I'm not arsed at all about today. If we can stop Liverpool winning the league then happy days.

What happened in the Gwladys St by the way? After Aguero scored their first it seemed to kick off down there a little.

We had nothing to play for and could stop Liverpool from winning the league. Too fucking right I'm glad we lost. I took no pride in seeing City score and didn't celebrate any of their goals but I'm not arsed at all about today. If we can stop Liverpool winning the league then happy days.

What happened in the Gwladys St by the way? After Aguero scored their first it seemed to kick off down there a little.

Couple of lads were celebrating and it caused a stir.

The back 3 formation we used yesterday is attacking but should be reserved for bottom half sides where we boss -

Osman and Naismith are just not good enough to run the midfield for us - against top drawer opposition-

On a whole we are on a upward curve - long may it continue

Why don't you get the game then you moron!

Oh here we go. Gobshite returns to form. Never takes long.

I'll tell you why I don't go to the game...I live in Cumbria. Have a wife and 2 kids and a nice mortgage to pay (you have any of these things?)

Being a family man, they come first. I can't go to a game without taking at least my teenage step son. So on the day...tickets, food, drink, programme, it will be £100 at least...Plus the cost of fuel and parking...another £60-£80 (fuel wise I drive a petrol 2.3 turbo, about 20mpg on a good run!!!).

I've been a couple of times this season. Each time I have come away thinking 'damn, shit atmosphere, could have done more with that money....'. So I deliberately only go to 2-3 games a season to keep the 'romantic' feeling.

It's great for those who go regular, and fair play to you guys and girls. But my priorities are different.

That explain enough, moron?!!!

Guest rusty747

Trying not to over react here but we def need a ballsy performance at Hull next week or the season will have fizzled out and we will feel we have just stumbled over the Europa League finish line rather than narrowly missed out on Champions League. In short, its an important game and the lads have to be up for it.

Making a euro game will be high on my list next season!

Never been to a euro game...that will be another one ticked off the list!!!

As for the crowd thing...maybe too much is made of it, as in we expect too much.

I went to the cauldron (atletico madrid) in April. It was the 10pm ko. That was Ok. Couple of year before, did the Nou Camp. Again, it was Ok. And couple year before did the bearnabau, again it was Ok. Never anything special. So yeah, maybe it's an expectation thing.

Guest rusty747

Being at Goodison for the Bayern Munich game in 85 still brings me out in goose pimples when I think about it. The atmosphere was downright bloody hostile that night and we truly were Everton's 12th man.

For fucks sake some people need to wind their necks in... Judging the crowd from an internet forum whilst the game was on... What's up? No tickets left in order to go and throw your righteous100 decibel voices behind the team? Maybe I can have a word with an old mate of mine where you can get hold of the Mike at half time and tell match goers how they need to just focus on Everton and ignore the Liverpool fans who will rub our noses in it for the next 20 years.

Yesterday was a no win situation, simple as that, in the end I wanted city to win, I take no pride in that but seriously cut out all this bollocks where passionate fans are being called bitter. It's a clear indication that you either don't mind Liverpool, or you have no real concept of the shite Liverpool fans throw at us.

Want the team to win? Fine, I get that, but the criticism of fans who had valid reason for us wanting to lose is a joke. The shitty comments of Tyler and co should vindicate those who did want us to lose, they call us bitter??? Pricks the lot of them. Everton did themselves proud yesterday and I have no regrets about losing, I just won't judge those who wanted to win.

Oh here we go. Gobshite returns to form. Never takes long.

I'll tell you why I don't go to the game...I live in Cumbria. Have a wife and 2 kids and a nice mortgage to pay (you have any of these things?)

Being a family man, they come first. I can't go to a game without taking at least my teenage step son. So on the day...tickets, food, drink, programme, it will be £100 at least...Plus the cost of fuel and parking...another £60-£80 (fuel wise I drive a petrol 2.3 turbo, about 20mpg on a good run!!!).

I've been a couple of times this season. Each time I have come away thinking 'damn, shit atmosphere, could have done more with that money....'. So I deliberately only go to 2-3 games a season to keep the 'romantic' feeling.

It's great for those who go regular, and fair play to you guys and girls. But my priorities are different.

That explain enough, moron?!!!

How the hell can you sit there and mock the fans that paid good money to go there and support the team? How the can you judge atmosphere off a television screen. It's a secondary sound to the commentators and that was far from the worst atmosphere this season. I should know I've been at every home game and whilst it's not the best atmosphere it's certainly not the worst.

Big games bring big atmosphere and yesterday meant very little to the us.

An stop trying to be a flash cart with you 2.3 turbo lol.

Edited by MiguelCotto

Yesterday was a no win situation, simple as that, in the end I wanted city to win,

I really don't understand this. How can an Everton fan prefer that Everton lose? Has it really come to the point in this life where we'd rather wish ill of others than good for ourselves? It was not a no-win situation: If Everton won, it was a win situation.

For fucks sake some people need to wind their necks in... Judging the crowd from an internet forum whilst the game was on... What's up? No tickets left in order to go and throw your righteous100 decibel voices behind the team? Maybe I can have a word with an old mate of mine where you can get hold of the Mike at half time and tell match goers how they need to just focus on Everton and ignore the Liverpool fans who will rub our noses in it for the next 20 years.

Yesterday was a no win situation, simple as that, in the end I wanted city to win, I take no pride in that but seriously cut out all this bollocks where passionate fans are being called bitter. It's a clear indication that you either don't mind Liverpool, or you have no real concept of the shite Liverpool fans throw at us.

Want the team to win? Fine, I get that, but the criticism of fans who had valid reason for us wanting to lose is a joke. The shitty comments of Tyler and co should vindicate those who did want us to lose, they call us bitter??? Pricks the lot of them. Everton did themselves proud yesterday and I have no regrets about losing, I just won't judge those who wanted to win.

Was waiting for this bollocks, giving it the billy big spuds because "you go the game" sit the fuck down. Why spend money going to watch our team and willingly want us to lose'? Explain the logic to me behind that? why bother going? I have a very valid concept of the shite they come out with 90% of my mates are red. But I've learnt to laugh at the shite they spout, and I'm not bitter enough to say that they haven't deserved it. I'm sorry Haf but there is NEVER a valid reason to lose, the fact that you even say that is beyond a joke.

The fact that the only time you could really hear the crowd yesterday was in the last minute when the game was dead is really sad. It just makes us out to be spiteful and petty.

The fact that the only time you could really hear the crowd yesterday was in the last minute when the game was dead is really sad. It just makes us out to be spiteful and petty.

Except that wasn't how it was at all, that's what I'm trying to tell you. Let's face it; Sky have their own agenda, which was proven by Tyler's commentary by the sound of it. So they wanted to play on some of our fans wanting us to lose and I wouldn't be surprised if they deliberately kept the microphones as far away from our fans as they could so as to try and make things look bad.

As MC has said, the atmosphere at Goodison has been much worse this season than it was yesterday. I was actually expecting it to be a lot worse than it was yesterday, but there was plenty of singing. It went completely dead for a while after their third went in straight after we almost equalised but it wasn't the case that there was only noise from us in the last minute of the game. I'm pissed off that we're being criticised for the atmosphere yesterday.

Except that wasn't how it was at all, that's what I'm trying to tell you. Let's face it; Sky have their own agenda, which was proven by Tyler's commentary by the sound of it. So they wanted to play on some of our fans wanting us to lose and I wouldn't be surprised if they deliberately kept the microphones as far away from our fans as they could so as to try and make things look bad.

As MC has said, the atmosphere at Goodison has been much worse this season than it was yesterday. I was actually expecting it to be a lot worse than it was yesterday, but there was plenty of singing. It went completely dead for a while after their third went in straight after we almost equalised but it wasn't the case that there was only noise from us in the last minute of the game. I'm pissed off that we're being criticised for the atmosphere yesterday.

By people who wern't there. Edited by MiguelCotto

Was it the usual atmosphere of a last home game of the season, against a top team with a chance (albeit slim) of champions league football though? Far from it by the looks of it.

If the title had been wrapped up the week before i think it would have been very different.

I quickly understood that Man City wouldn't lose points yesterday. Even after the magnificent opening goal by Barkley.

The atmosphere around the game was weird, the way Everton played was weird and players were not really in the game. Too bad.

What currentrly happening at Emirates show that your 5th place was clinch before to kick off yesterday so there's nothing to say except congratulate you for your good season and City too.

We need a miracle now to be champion. To bad, City was not really good yesterday.

Whatever if City or us are champions, it will be a well deserve one.

Was it the usual atmosphere of a last home game of the season, against a top team with a chance (albeit slim) of champions league football though? Far from it by the looks of it.

If the title had been wrapped up the week before i think it would have been very different.

No it wasn't, but it was far from the utter disgrace you've described it as and I really do take offence at that. I was there and I wanted us to win, and I sang just like most of our fans did. The place went mental when we took the lead, it went quiet when they equalised because most fans were disappointed, fans sang to try and encourage the players again, we sang how Manchester is full of shit, it went quiet again when they took the lead, the place groaned when Naismith's effort at the start of the second half, and went deadly silent when they scored straight after to make it 3-1, the crowd got back into it when we pulled one back but the players just didn't capitalise, and the crowd was angry as fuck when Dzeko was clearly play-acting to waste time. So don't tell me how bad the crowd were when it's complete fucking shite.

Criticise all you want, but you've got it wrong and you're doing the majority of our fans a disservice. That's my last.

Guys the point sone fans are making is nit just frustrated the atmosphere yesterday but all the comments leading up to the game.

Some of you wanted to lose, power to you.

I will never see it that way simple as that. And for you idiots that try the old being at the game thing....grow the fuck up! It makes no difference. I have probably made more of an effort to go to Goodison than half you here.

If I don't have family commitments and had more money I would be buying a season ticket for next year. Your elite for going, that makes you special so pat yourself on the back, smile and revel in your elitism and feel sorry for those of us who can't make it.

I admit I don't understand the whole hatred thing, but I'm at a stage of my life when I don't hate anyone. I'm content. I have a decent job, beautiful family and get enjoyment year in year out from watching Everton.

If that makes me less of a fan then ok.

No it wasn't, but it was far from the utter disgrace you've described it as and I really do take offence at that. I was there and I wanted us to win, and I sang just like most of our fans did. The place went mental when we took the lead, it went quiet when they equalised because most fans were disappointed, fans sang to try and encourage the players again, we sang how Manchester is full of shit, it went quiet again when they took the lead, the place groaned when Naismith's effort at the start of the second half, and went deadly silent when they scored straight after to make it 3-1, the crowd got back into it when we pulled one back but the players just didn't capitalise, and the crowd was angry as fuck when Dzeko was clearly play-acting to waste time. So don't tell me how bad the crowd were when it's complete fucking shite.

Criticise all you want, but you've got it wrong and you're doing the majority of our fans a disservice. That's my last.

See Matt's sig mate. Its my opinion on based on what i saw.

So by your own admission, it wasn't a usual atmosphere for the situation we found ourselves in, i.e Champions league and Last home game. So why was that? Because of the Liverpool situation. Thats whats a disgrace. That it wasn't business as usual, lets have a great atmosphere for the last home game of the season and theres still a slim chance of champions league. Thats the point im making.

My last.

Edited by GoodisonRoad

Guys the point sone fans are making is nit just frustrated the atmosphere yesterday but all the comments leading up to the game.

Some of you wanted to lose, power to you.

I agree. The comments leading up to the game annoyed me too, even if I could see where those fans were coming from at the same time. It's just I can never go into a game wanting, or hoping, for us to lose. I just can't.

Romey I don't think anyone is criticising you or the fans that went and supported their team.. Or at least I'm not.

I can also see how the commentators played it up a bit. But we expect nothing less.

What I'm trying to say is that it was the majority of fans that supported the team but that how Sky have portrayed is the complete opposite, and that's made fans who only got to witness the game on the TV question the commitment of the crowd. The crowd, for the most part, were committed to supporting a victory. You don't celebrate Barkley's goal like we did if you don't want to win. You don't complain about time-wasting when we're trying to get back in the game if you don't want to win. I think there was trouble in the Lower Gwladys because either some City fans had been found in there or some Everton fans were supporting City. That doesn't happen if most weren't supporting the team.

I said my other post was my last on this but you drew me in. Bastard :P.

Guest rusty747

A bit unfair to criticise loyal fans of long standing who weren't there in my view. I haven't been to a single home game at all this season (I have watched them all on TV though) but I have been to 3 away games - all in London. Its just that I live in Dubai, its a hell of a commute and Heathrow has more flights than Liverpool or Manchester.

Edited by rusty747

See Matt's sig mate. Its my opinion on based on what i saw.

So I can't be offended at being called a disgrace (seeing as I was part of the crowd you say was so bad) because Stephen Fry says so? Well, fuck me, I take it all back in that case!

You said before it was a disgrace that there was no noise until the 96th minute. Wrong. What you saw (heard) was wrong.

Edit - Good god, what am I doing even carrying on? :major overreaction alert: :crying:

Edited by Romey 1878

How the hell can you sit there and mock the fans that paid good money to go there and support the team? How the can you judge atmosphere off a television screen. It's a secondary sound to the commentators and that was far from the worst atmosphere this season. I should know I've been at every home game and whilst it's not the best atmosphere it's certainly not the worst.

Big games bring big atmosphere and yesterday meant very little to the us.

An stop trying to be a flash cart with you 2.3 turbo lol.

Not being flash, just saying, because some people on here are more intelligent than yourself (you just seem to have the outlook of a spoilt teenage boy), may wonder why the fuel costs so much.

Ok. So I guess by some comments that those who weren't there have no right to criticise the perceived lack of atmosphere? On the basis that 'you didn't go'. Fair enough, I can take the flack for that.

By the same principle, you have no right to criticise a pro footballer. A pro football manager. A chairman. A

CEO. The list goes on. And on.

The 'you weren't there/haven't been one so you can't comment' is weak and flawed. And only used when no other constructive input can be thought of.

I can't imagine throwing £200 to watch a game in the hope that we lose. I'd rather do what I did this weekend and go to Scotland to visit the wife's family. The atmosphere was brilliant. Had a good laugh and top weekend.

The crowd wasn't too bad til we went 3-1 down. Not great before then but there was singing whether it came across on the TV or not.

Thank God it wasn't my imagination! Don't know how TV miked it up but from where I was sat there was a great atmosphere from start to finish.....even when we went 3-1 down we were singing again at the kick off. Saw and heard zero evidence of anyone wanting anything other than an Everton win personally.

Was superb once we got our second and the City fans then were silent (until the derisory injury time).