IGNORED

Everton v Man City

Guest rusty747

Thank God it wasn't my imagination! Don't know how TV miked it up but from where I was sat there was a great atmosphere from start to finish.....even when we went 3-1 down we were singing again at the kick off. Saw and heard zero evidence of anyone wanting anything other than an Everton win personally.

Was superb once we got our second and the City fans then were silent (until the derisory injury time).

Wahey, an ally! I was beginning to think I'd actually sat in a different stadium than the one Sky were at! Edited by Romey 1878

So sky edited out the Everton fans noise and amplified the city fans? How do they do that during a live game?

From the sounds of it, that's what they have done. Bit poor that really. Clever, but poor.

It'll be to do with where they place their mikes. Probably had them close to the City fans and as far away from our fans as they could get away with.

Newty - I hope you don't think I'm saying you have no right to criticise the atmosphere because you weren't there? If so, that really isn't what I'm saying and I apologise if that's how it's come across.

Not at all. I'm quoting Cotto.

Listen, I watched the game on TV. It was part of the deal to agreeing to go away to Scotland! !! If the atmosphere was better than perceived on TV, then fair enough.

Maybe there was too much hype around the game for the wrong reasons. I'm glad it's done now, we can just carry on and let the top 3 sort it out themselves!!!

It'll be to do with where they place their mikes. Probably had them close to the City fans and as far away from our fans as they could get away with.

I was wondering that myself.

To be fair, at the 96th minute the noise on TV from Everton fans did go off the scale. Have we been manipulated? Possibly.

So I can't be offended at being called a disgrace (seeing as I was part of the crowd you say was so bad) because Stephen Fry says so? Well, fuck me, I take it all back in that case!

You said before it was a disgrace that there was no noise until the 96th minute. Wrong. What you saw (heard) was wrong.

Edit - Good god, what am I doing even carrying on? :major overreaction alert: :crying:

How did you get from that that you can't be offended? I was saying the opposite. You have every right to be offended by it, but that's all it is.

And you also said before that it wasn't the same atmosphere as your usual last home game of the season. I'll ask again, why was that?

This could go on all day, so I will have to take yours and Mike's word for it. But I was dissapointed with what I heard and that coupled with Haf's attitude towards the game had me wound up.

How about go the game before you criticise atmosphere.

"We're Evertonians, We go the game"

How about get Fucked cotto, you fucking WUM cunt.

Just because I didn't go to this game 1) doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on it and 2) doesn't mean I "don't go the game", I try and get there when I can but travelling with work makes it difficult.

How about get Fucked cotto, you fucking WUM cunt.

Just because I didn't go to this game 1) doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on it and 2) doesn't mean I "don't go the game", I try and get there when I can but travelling with work makes it difficult.

The irony...

Pot calling kettle black here. I can just imagine you getting the whole place bouncing.

Edited by MiguelCotto

I go the game, when I can. Difficult when living a foreign country, but 4 games a year isnt too bad all considered.

Ive also checked with my family (3 season ticket holders) who nearly echo what I said; 1st half was kind of flat, 2nd half much improved but still not all that. They also said that, since they recorded the game on DVR too, the SKY coverage was a joke and volumes from the crowd were not truly represented.

So, I hold my hands up, I was apparently wrong about the atmosphere. I usually wait for their input but I let anger at idiots get in my way. My only excuse is that we, who are not fortunate to be their physically, can only go on what we are presented.

Lets just all get our Everton dicks out and let the measuring commence eh? Someone referred to my earlier post being a "I go the game so therefore my voice is louder" - not at all, haven't been this season but been to many games in many pointless seasons.... My point? Fuck all. I love Everton and watching the game means I don't love them more or less.

However, how the Fuck can a video stream/sky watchin fan criticise the volumes of fans, many of which are season ticket holders? If you are that arsed get there.

In that whole game I did not applaud one thing, horrible, just horrible, seems like I needed to really applaud Everton to be considered a real fan. Bollocks...

Lets just all get our Everton dicks out and let the measuring commence eh? Someone referred to my earlier post being a "I go the game so therefore my voice is louder" - not at all, haven't been this season but been to many games in many pointless seasons.... My point? Fuck all. I love Everton and watching the game means I don't love them more or less.

However, how the Fuck can a video stream/sky watchin fan criticise the volumes of fans, many of which are season ticket holders? If you are that arsed get there.

In that whole game I did not applaud one thing, horrible, just horrible, seems like I needed to really applaud Everton to be considered a real fan. Bollocks...

I'll charge the next 300 quid round trip to you then? Every game. Or the 1500 quid trip for our further afield fans?

We go on what we can. Waking up at 4am in some cases, we have to go on what we are shown.

I, and maybe its only me, am there in my shirt and singing in my living room every game. Yes, I sing on my own. I sing on my own if I get to go the game and noone else wants to sing. I have a flag over my door. I get people to come and watch the game at mine who cant get there. I get those who dont really care to watch us, and encourage and explain why they should support us. The way it was portrayed, I made more noise in my room.

But, like I said above, I was misrepresented by SKY and I let my anger of pre-match idiots get the better of me.

Edited by Matt

Usually agree with a lot you say. But on this one....nah. You been drinking Stella artois or something? Because you are coming across as a real angry fucker with a chip. And I can't remember ever think in that about you before. I don't expect you to be bothered of course.

A fan can criticise via watching on sky the same as you and all of us can criticise a player, manager etc. As I said earlier, it's the same principle. It ain't about your Everton dick, not about offending season ticket holders. It's just a fact that it seemed subdued. Some say it stronger than others. That's all.

I think it's 3 games I have been to this season and it's been flat each time. Maybe that's just the way it is and we have to accept that. I dunno.

It's pointless dragging it on as the game has gone and those at the game have said it was fine. Some others have said not so.

I 'went the game' and sang with the rest of gwladys street from start to finish... yes it did go quiet after half time only because the singers were belting out a few chorus' of 'Roberto had a dream' by the bar!

I wanted Everton to win but it was plainly obvious that 5th was our position (yeah but WBA could have beat Arse - could they fuck!) and as the game went on it was clear that actually we've had an excellent season and losing at the expense of that lot maybe wasn't so bad!

I'm certain our crowd was riddled with kopites yesterday, certainly round by me anyway.

How about go the game before you criticise atmosphere.

"We're Evertonians, We go the game"

This kid still here?

I thought forum trolls got ran out of this forum sharpish usually.

Probably the least listened to opinion on any forum I have ever been on due to the fact that you come across as knowing f all about football.

Sorry for being personal but you intrigue me haha. I actually wonder if you are a rival fan that just comes on to wind people up. Or maybe a teenager that gets bullied at school and this is your way of taking a bit back?

This kid still here?

I thought forum trolls got ran out of this forum sharpish usually.

Probably the least listened to opinion on any forum I have ever been on due to the fact that you come across as knowing f all about football.

Sorry for being personal but you intrigue me haha. I actually wonder if you are a rival fan that just comes on to wind people up. Or maybe a teenager that gets bullied at school and this is your way of taking a bit back?

I think he's just an avid fan with an opinion.

I'll charge the next 300 quid round trip to you then? Every game. Or the 1500 quid trip for our further afield fans?

We go on what we can. Waking up at 4am in some cases, we have to go on what we are shown.

I, and maybe its only me, am there in my shirt and singing in my living room every game. Yes, I sing on my own. I sing on my own if I get to go the game and noone else wants to sing. I have a flag over my door. I get people to come and watch the game at mine who cant get there. I get those who dont really care to watch us, and encourage and explain why they should support us. The way it was portrayed, I made more noise in my room.

But, like I said above, I was misrepresented by SKY and I let my anger of pre-match idiots get the better of me.

Missed my point entirely. I said it had nothing to do with attending or not, but if Everton fans are criticising the atmosphere sitting at home watching the game then it's a joke.

What gives a non attending fan the right to criticise the fans at the game? It was a bitter sweet scenario at best, so what did some of you lot along with tyler and Neville expect? Flares, ynwa sung, hostile jeering whenever a city player touched the ball?

I watched the game with a heavy heart, dissappointed that Everton getting a result would likely hand the league to Liverpool, knowing full well that a resurgent Arsenal team with Ramsey, ozil back to full fitness are not going to lose to relegation fodder.

No Everton fans have the right to criticise the atmosphere at the game, none whatsoever, anyone with the slightest understanding of what a Liverpool title win would do to us would even argue that wanting city to win was a logical necessity.

Missed my point entirely. I said it had nothing to do with attending or not, but if Everton fans are criticising the atmosphere sitting at home watching the game then it's a joke.

What gives a non attending fan the right to criticise the fans at the game? It was a bitter sweet scenario at best, so what did some of you lot along with tyler and Neville expect? Flares, ynwa sung, hostile jeering whenever a city player touched the ball?

I watched the game with a heavy heart, dissappointed that Everton getting a result would likely hand the league to Liverpool, knowing full well that a resurgent Arsenal team with Ramsey, ozil back to full fitness are not going to lose to relegation fodder.

No Everton fans have the right to criticise the atmosphere at the game, none whatsoever, anyone with the slightest understanding of what a Liverpool title win would do to us would even argue that wanting city to win was a logical necessity.

and you missed my point entirely....

and you missed my point entirely....

From where I'm at it appears fans who have to mingle with the RS understood entirely the problem faced by many Everton fans in that game.

It is an alien concept wanting Everton to lose, 30 years and this was the only game I wanted us to lose. Not nice is it.

It gave me a strange understanding of how an opposition fan must feel watching Everton. Watching Gerry run at the defence gave me the same anxiety you feel watching Suarez run at us. Naismiths energy and Barkleys explosiveness just as unsettling.

Anyway, I'll be 100% behind Crystal palace tonight, and if they win it will be relief - not joy.

From where I'm at it appears fans who have to mingle with the RS understood entirely the problem faced by many Everton fans in that game.

It is an alien concept wanting Everton to lose, 30 years and this was the only game I wanted us to lose. Not nice is it.

It gave me a strange understanding of how an opposition fan must feel watching Everton. Watching Gerry run at the defence gave me the same anxiety you feel watching Suarez run at us. Naismiths energy and Barkleys explosiveness just as unsettling.

Anyway, I'll be 100% behind Crystal palace tonight, and if they win it will be relief - not joy.

I have to mingle with them too, since most of their fans come from abroad! So many of them around the office, winds me up. I was still only thinking about Everton.

Whether they win the league or not, they're going to act like they have won it. We never stand a chance against the delusion...