IGNORED

Summer 2014 Transfers

City cannot field new players until next year.

Yes they can :dont know: . They didn't get any penalties like that, they were fined and the club's transfers limited to £49m net in the next window. So it could be seen as a way around the rules but not in the way you've said.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/16/manchester-city-fine-transfer-cap-uefa-ffp

Edited by Romey 1878

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/392621/DONE-DEAL-Arsenal-snap-up-teen-star-dubbed-the-next-Jack-Wilshere

This made me laugh, "dubbed" the next Jack Wilshere! Don't get my wrong Wilshere has shown potential in the past but the last two seasons he has been distinctly average. I do hate it when players get "dubbed" the next best thing. They aren't the "next" anything they are their own footballer.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/392621/DONE-DEAL-Arsenal-snap-up-teen-star-dubbed-the-next-Jack-Wilshere

This made me laugh, "dubbed" the next Jack Wilshere! Don't get my wrong Wilshere has shown potential in the past but the last two seasons he has been distinctly average. I do hate it when players get "dubbed" the next best thing. They aren't the "next" anything they are their own footballer.

To be fair the kid looks like he might have something. Played for Villa u16's when he was 12. Having seen some of the manchildren that play at that age group, fair play.

I agree though it is terrible to dub anyone the new this or that, especially when Wilshere isn't that great anyway.

Guest blueboy122

The shite sign Manquillo on loan.

Who?

I don't understand there transfer policy at the moment. They were so close to winning the league this year and haven't signed anyone of genuine real top draw quality.

They need a pair of strong decent centre halves first and foremost. And then need a real quality centre forward.

I can see them struggling this coming season. Last time around, they relied on a potent front line but were vulnerable at the back. That potency is diminished and you don't fix defensive frailties in an instant. And they have the CL to contend with. I'd say we have a good opportunity to take their place this season in the top four.

Who?

I don't understand there transfer policy at the moment. They were so close to winning the league this year and haven't signed anyone of genuine real top draw quality.

They need a pair of strong decent centre halves first and foremost. And then need a real quality centre forward.

20 year old RB.

They've got one of those CB's in in Lovren. And if they keep hold of Agger there'll be a quality partnership there. If not there's Skrtel who'll play with him. I know a lot don't rate him but, other than his antics at set pieces, I rate him as a CB.

Guest blueboy122

I can see them struggling this coming season. Last time around, they relied on a potent front line but were vulnerable at the back. That potency is diminished and you don't fix defensive frailties in an instant. And they have the CL to contend with. I'd say we have a good opportunity to take their place this season in the top four.

I would like to think so but they still have really good players like Sturridge and Couthino however I am intruged to see how good Sturridge will be without Suarez.

They have taken a step back in the market this window not only by losing Suarez but the players they have signed I just personally don't think are up to the quality of challenging for titles. We shall see though as I expect they aren't done in the market yet. Rodgers will know he needs a genuine quality forward.

20 year old RB.

They've got one of those CB's in in Lovren. And if they keep hold of Agger there'll be a quality partnership there. If not there's Skrtel who'll play with him. I know a lot don't rate him but, other than his antics at set pieces, I rate him as a CB.

dont forget Sahko too....

:rofl:

Who?

he's an atletico madrid talented youngster, but not talented enough to beat out juanfran, so this looks to be backup to glenn johnson for CL.

yes, i still don't understand why they haven't replaced suarez. 80m and you can't buy a striker? just doesn't make sense.

Guest blueboy122

20 year old RB.

Lovern?

Looked a real quality defender in games and then at times he looked like a Sunday league player again that's my point Lovern isn't the calibre of player Liverpool should be looking at if they want to win titles in my opinion. Agger to be fair I rate but I have a feeling he will be off soon.

Skrtl.. Funny one, he's a yard dog of defender but he is mostly solid I suppose.

Guest blueboy122

dont forget Sahko too....

:rofl:

Sakho and Toure are genuinely embarrassing.

Frustrates me seeing shite like that play. Surely there are some local lads in the reserves who can offer more than them clowns.

Jokes like that stop development of our youngsters.... Well there youngsters.

Guest blueboy122

Because BR paid all that money for that Sakho and is paying Toure stupid money they will always play before the kids even though I believe Liverpool surely have better in the reserves.

Rodgers has to give the two clowns the chance to justify him buying them to the board and to the fans and that's why the development of the kids is hampered.

Ok, so this isnt comfirmed but after signing Navas, why the hell would this happen? Just goes to show that journos make up whatever they want:

Real Madrid want to sign Chelsea goalkeepers Petr Cech, 32, and Thibaut Courtois, 22. Sun (subscription required)

Too bad Chelsea already let Ross Turnbull leave on a permanent deal, or I have a feeling he'd have been linked with a dream move to Real Madrid along with Cech and Courtois...