IGNORED

Troy Deeney

Matt that is desperation for ya. You clearly seen last two seasons that he offers nothing to a team anymore. I just think certain everton supporters would be happy with any signing.

not desperation, just seen enough of him before the last 2 seasons to know he can find the net with regularity, given the chance. Also, I mentioned a pay as you play deal, like we did with Saha, and let him prove himself first. He's been out of the playing world for a while but he could still make an impact. Don't know what would be wrong with that. It's not as if I'm saying sign him for 10m on 50k a week, that would be silly.

not desperation, just seen enough of him before the last 2 seasons to know he can find the net with regularity, given the chance. Also, I mentioned a pay as you play deal, like we did with Saha, and let him prove himself first. He's been out of the playing world for a while but he could still make an impact. Don't know what would be wrong with that. It's not as if I'm saying sign him for 10m on 50k a week, that would be silly.

We didn't have a pay as you play deal with Saha. He offered to do it like that but we gave him a proper contract.

fair enough. Could have sworn I'd read he said he'd offered to sign on one of those but we said no, obviously not!

We did, it was after he earned his new contract in 09/10. He said he wanted to carry on proving himself but Everton insisted :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

We could have had both...that would have been the best deal.

Deeny is better than anything we have other than Rom.

The thing is though for the past two years we haven't played with two strikers. I think he'd have been a decent back-up to rotate with Rom in that time but I'm not sure he'd have been happy with that role.

The thing is though for the past two years we haven't played with two strikers. I think he'd have been a decent back-up to rotate with Rom in that time but I'm not sure he'd have been happy with that role.

We desperately needed a player who could light a fire under the lazy bastards arse.

Kone did for a few games, Naismith lacked the athleticism and presence (even though I thought he was a better big game player).

You can tell Rom is rattled with all the strikers wilmotts has taken. He needs it.

Edited by Hafnia

We desperately needed a player who could light a fire under the lazy bastards arse.

Kone did for a few games, Naismith lacked the athleticism and presence (even though I thought he was a better big game player).

You can tell Rom is rattled with all the strikers wilmotts has taken. He needs it.

We desperately needed a manager who could do that rather than sucking up to him at every opportunity

We now have two threads in the rumour section about Rom, neither of them are about him. Can we stop turning threads into a Rom thread? It's getting so boring now. Makes me want to start mass deleting posts.

Thank you for some sanity!