IGNORED

Players that have impressed - World Cup

One things this World Cup is doing is reveal the players with stamina and/or the ability to pace themselves. Too many seem to have hit their limit after an hour. This was one reason why the England-Italy game was so poor. After an hour, it seemed that several players were walking with the ball and not running.

Andrea Pirlo, what a master. I love the walking speed he plays the game as well, so confident and composed he doesn't even need to run.

Yeh it's crazy! He just strolls around and pops these 20-30 yard passes high and low taking defensive players right out of the game.

Tim Cahill has to be up there. What a World Cup he has had.

Agreed. Proud of him; he left us at the right time and in the right circumstances and will always be up there for me as an ex player, not "legend" status but in the group just below that. Faultless attitude and never lost sight of where he came from and how lucky he was (though he made his own luck), never gave it the big "I am". Most of today's "superstars" could learn a lot from TC.

:worship[1]:

I think you have to qualify the whole 'legend' thing with circumstances & the time in which said player ran out in Royal blue. Obviously the likes of Cahill & Ferguson can't be mentioned in the same breath as Ball, Labone, Dean, Southall, Young et al, but in their time they made a big contribution to our history, even if it was just the occasional bright spark amongst the doom & gloom.

Guest Nikica

Perisic is highly rated. But not so much as Rakitic, Modric and Kovacic so I know what you mean.

I agree with Indi. Cahill obviously but he's rated by Everton fans. Most of the players I have been impressed by are players who are well rated already, but perhaps not known to your average casual football fan because they're not at the level of a top ten player in the world e.g. Cuadrado, J Rodriguez, Vargas, Marquez, Isla, Valbuena etc. Perisic probably falls into this category.

Then you have guys like Campbell who are nowhere near rated but are doing well.

Edited by Nikica

How good was Medel last night, absolute rock!

Cahill is a legend in my eyes, pure passion and oozed Everton. He's got a nasty streak too which all fans love, him and Martins Indi had a good battle but their was only going to be one winner there and Cahill smashed him.

All the Chile team looked good last night, proper fit team, the teams with highest fitness levels always do well at World Cups, where as England always look fucked last 3rd of the game.