IGNORED

Players that have impressed - World Cup

Guest Nikica

How good was Medel last night, absolute rock!

Cahill is a legend in my eyes, pure passion and oozed Everton. He's got a nasty streak too which all fans love, him and Martins Indi had a good battle but their was only going to be one winner there and Cahill smashed him.

All the Chile team looked good last night, proper fit team, the teams with highest fitness levels always do well at World Cups, where as England always look fucked last 3rd of the game.

Was laughed at when I talked up Chile on here :rolleyes: Perhaps some ignorant people will give them the respect they deserve now.

Just watched the Arg-Iran game back and as bad as Argentina were Iran were immense and could have won it. That Gooch lad from Charlton stood out I thought.

Agreed, Reza is really terrific. I've always liked Dejagah and he's been playing well. Gyan on Ghana is also having a great tournament.

Get Diaz from Chile/Basel signed Roberto!!! Would be perfect alongside Jimmy Mac.

Thought he was rather brainless. Couldn't believe how many times he tried to hit it from distance with lots of players in front of goal. He even tried to hit a free kick from near the centre circle right at goal. And in general, I hate it when players try a volley when a corner kick gets headed away and lands like ten yards out of the box.

This is probably going to sound a bit obvious but Benzema has impressed me this tournament. I had always put him in the overrated category but he looks as sharp as I have ever seen him and he is better on the ball (passing, vision & dribbling) than I have ever given him credit for.

This is probably going to sound a bit obvious but Benzema has impressed me this tournament. I had always put him in the overrated category but he looks as sharp as I have ever seen him and he is better on the ball (passing, vision & dribbling) than I have ever given him credit for.

I have been really impressed with him too. Though I've always rated him

Those are by far his best attributes imo.

Think Ghoulam, Algeria's left back, looks excellent. Great cross on him and made some great runs as well.

And obviously Neuer is rated as perhaps the best keeper around today, but he has looked incredible, unbelievable sweeper keeper.

Edited by Steve_E

Those are by far his best attributes imo.

Think Ghoulam, Algeria's left back, looks excellent. Great cross on him and made some great runs as well.

And obviously Neuer is rated as perhaps the best keeper around today, but he has looked incredible, unbelievable sweeper keeper.

I have never really seen a lot of him, especially not when he has been good in a game (most of the time he has been subdued) but the way France are playing is really suiting him and he has great feet.

Completely agree about Neuer. He is the definition of sweeper keeper.