IGNORED

Fan banned from all Everton matches for "homophobic and racist" tweets

Louis

There's an image on Twitter of a letter that a fan received from Everton for posting "homophobic and racist" comments on Twitter. As a result of the tweets, the fan has been banned from all Everton matches for this upcoming season at the very least.

I dont like the grassin mate. It's snidely and sneaky. Everton FC have fuck all to do with Rik Wee and that other bloke. It wasn't at the ground or anything. Let the police deal with it. OTT in my opinion.

Apparently, @Everton was included in some/all of the messages. If that's true then no one grassed.

If @Everton was included fair enough but no evidence of that and I've seen a few of the tweets snapshotted on twitter and that tag is not on there.

If it was any other everton fans the club would have said "nothing to do with us" . But because of all the media hype around him they feel they need to act. PR driven again. It's a police trolling matter.

EDIT

Ok just seen one with @everton fair enough. Still think it's PR driven and still think their would have been loads of grassin goin on. If it wasn't a high profile fan it'll have been ignored.

Edited by MiguelCotto

If @Everton was included fair enough but no evidence of that and I've seen a few of the tweets snapshotted on twitter and that tag is not on there.

If it was any other everton fans the club would have said "nothing to do with us" . But because of all the media hype around him they feel they need to act. PR driven again. It's a police trolling matter.

EDIT

Ok just seen one with @everton fair enough. Still think it's PR driven and still think their would have been loads of grassin goin on. If it wasn't a high profile fan it'll have been ignored.

What media hype :huh:? Who is he?

Couldn't care less about grassing. Yeah don't grass on the kid who stole a 10p bag of crisp from the corner shop. But racism and homophobia have no place in the modern world. Good move from Everton. Clearly not a PR driven action as they have requested confidentiality.

I don't think we'll have a legal issue as the recipient has made it public. They don't have any grounds with us, though they could request we take it down at worst.

Edited by StevO

Ric Wee. That fan who came from Malaysia for the Palace game that was postponed and it was his first Everton game.

I actually thought Mike was just winding me up.

Anyway. IMO fans seen it sent the snitching emails. Clubs couldnt ignore it. Bloke gets bands from all Everton games for being racist over the "internet" OTT. Club should have contacted police. Not a footballing matter.

Racism is racism, no defence for it.

So should there be no consequences for actions if they are on the Internet?

It wasn't at the ground. It's got nothing to do with the club. As I said if it was any other fan they'd have ignored it.

You don't know that though. The letter was supposed to be kept private. Maybe others have received them and kept them private. Either way, there is no way of really knowing. Regardless, negative people like this should be kept out of the positive atmosphere of Goodison.

You don't know that though. The letter was supposed to be kept private. Maybe others have received them and kept them private. Either way, there is no way of really knowing. Regardless, negative people like this should be kept out of the positive atmosphere of Goodison.

Positive atmosphere. Mate I've heard a lot worse than that over the years.

Never have been, you're right. Would cost a lot of money to make the trip.

Doesn't mean it shouldn't be stamped out. I assume the atmosphere is positive since Goodison obviously has its crowds, and if was perceived as a negative experience, then I would also assume that less people would go.

Racism is racism, no defence for it.

So should there be no consequences for actions if they are on the Internet?

IMO, racism and similar bigotry has to be dealt with at the personal level, not at the "official" level. The first person who saw that tweet should have confronted the sender, not passed it along to others. The second person to see it should have stood up to the sender, as well. Forwarding to authorities is no more than passing the buck. Yes, you may lose friends doing it. Yes, you may be the subject of the same bigotry. Yes, it takes guts sometimes, but the world won't change if we personally don't act.

Ric Wee. That fan who came from Malaysia for the Palace game that was postponed and it was his first Everton game.

Ah right. Misunderstood, thought it was the guy getting banned he was talking about; saw Rick Wee in the "fanzone" at the City game :).

Massive subject this.

To be honest though Cotto, I would have thought you'd be dead against racism etc after that fuss you made in those 'spade is a spade' posts? Remember? Now your whinging because someone has been banned for being racist? Honestly man, you are so inconsistent. Unreal.

It's a good post though. Good enough for the bloke, throw the book at him. And any others. It is a bit of PR, of course it is. But who cares? We all know the rules nowadays. If you can't the heat, don't play with the fire.

As for grasses n snitches...well I left school 16 year ago.

Massive subject this.

To be honest though Cotto, I would have thought you'd be dead against racism etc after that fuss you made in those 'spade is a spade' posts? Remember? Now your whinging because someone has been banned for being racist? Honestly man, you are so inconsistent. Unreal.

It's a good post though. Good enough for the bloke, throw the book at him. And any others. It is a bit of PR, of course it is. But who cares? We all know the rules nowadays. If you can't the heat, don't play with the fire.

As for grasses n snitches...well I left school 16 year ago.

Honestly mate I hate do gooders more than anything. Snobby do gooders they're the worst

Anyway.... You still going on about that. You're as bad as Ric Wee mate

Edited by MiguelCotto

Honestly mate I hate do gooders more than anything. Snobby do gooders they're the worst

Anyway.... You still going on about that. You're as bad as Ric Wee mate

Who the funk is ric wee? Haha!!!

To be honest, I have a disliking for do gooders too. But only a certain type.

But I don't dislike them as much as racists.

So I'll let the do gooders off this time!!!

I do not see how any one can see the "grass" as being a bad guy here, it almost makes the racist prick a victim! I'm shocked to be honest, Cotto you just sound like the kind of prick at school who would kick off at someone for answering a question right. And hate do gooders? What kind of shitty world do you live in where you prefer people who do bad to people who do good.

Worried about you lad.