IGNORED

David Henen

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-greg-okeeffe-reflects-everton-7704592

Can't find any solid information about how we can get the lad back on loan... or even why it's a good idea but hey, it's still ticking over. Something strange about this one!

Let's use up a loan spot on a lad to play for the U21's, makes perfect sense! :jump for joy:

Remember what I said about keeping the agent sweet!

I imagine he had an ownership stake in the player's contracts, the FA don't let clubs sign players with third party owners and so the workaround was for Anderlecht (and agent) to sell to Olympiakos and loan back to Everton.

What I find odd is that he's never played a first team game for any of his previous clubs. All I can find i was involved in the Nextgen series in 2012. He's never even played in a competitive game for Belgium at youth level.

I also find that strange - for him to be described as a 'wonderkid' in the press you would think there would be some history to back this up. but nothing.

We have been linked with him all summer, then on final day he's bought by another club only to be loaned to us why not just buy him for £2-3M. He obviosely wants to be at Goodison and we obviosley want him. There must have been something in the red tape that didn't allow us to buy him this window. Olympiakos must be acting as a third party for us to get him in the club. We probabley have either the option or more likley an obligation to buy him after the loan period.

I don't see it as a loan to benefit us at all this season. Martinez said earlier this summer when it looked like he was about to sign that he's one for the U21 and not the seniors. It's funny how Martinez then was talking like he was all but and Everton player at the time.

Possibley done at the last minute as we hadn't used up our whole 'loan' quota, so able to bring him in this way. The must be to get him playing 'the martinez' way for the future. Totally pointless otherwise for all parties involved.

- but very strange

Remember what I said about keeping the agent sweet!

I imagine he had an ownership stake in the player's contracts, the FA don't let clubs sign players with third party owners and so the workaround was for Anderlecht (and agent) to sell to Olympiakos and loan back to Everton.

This is the first thought regarding this whole situation that made me go, "oh, that might make some sense." Doesn't Falcao have the same situation, though?

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/11/everton-roberto-martinez-tom-cleverley-manchester-united

Everton did sign the 18-year-old Belgium forward David Henen on deadline day, on loan from Olympiakos after he signed for the Greece club from Anderlecht on the same day, and have an option to sign the striker for €500,000 (£398,000) next summer.

Confirmed on the OS too. Maybe it's loan to buy?

;)

How? makes sense to me. seems like good business

Ye brilliant business. Just strange on their part not ours. Like Matt says but him now for 3m when it's a risk, or loan now and if he turns our to be a world class prospect... Then they sell him for a sixth of the price.

If true then BK is a god Damn genius!