IGNORED

Predict our result - 2014/2015 season

Cornish Steve

"If you correctly predict the outcome of this coin toss, you get to keep the coin. Heads or tails?"

"Neither."

"OK, then there's no need for me to toss the coin."

"Great. I win. Thanks for the coin."

:) :)

Now you're getting it! I win!

"If you correctly predict the outcome of this coin toss, you get to keep the coin. Heads or tails?"

"Neither."

"OK, then there's no need for me to toss the coin."

"Great. I win. Thanks for the coin."

:) :)

Don't get that. It would only apply if someone tipped no goalscorer and then wanted points if the game was postponed wouldn't it?

If you make the decision to go for no scorer and the game is then played and you call it right I think you should get points personally. Eg I went 0-1 in the Sunderland game with no scorer and (if they hadn't got their second) I'd have said that's a 100% correct tip and worth ten points, but as it stands it isn't.

Like Matt said though Steve, your game and your decision; just my two pennies.

matt has found a glitch. put us to win with no goal scorer you get points either way. we win and you win, we lose you get no goal scorer (if we're shutout). clever.

How is that a glitch? It's just hedging your bets and guarantees you won't get a perfect score; don't see that it's clever to ensure you get one point while ruling out the possibility of ten :mellow:.

The rules do cover this situation. From the opening message in this thread...

- If Everton fail to score, no one gets any points for predicted goalscorer.

There's always 'fine print'. :)

Incidentally, for Matt's benefit, I've been interpreting 'no scorer' as 'own goal'. That way, at least he has a chance of a point.

Edited by Cornish Steve

I'm only teasing mate. Desperate needs for points!

Ah - then you didn't read the other fine print: "All complaints determined to be invalid shall subject the complainant to a fine equal in points to the number of words in the complaint." So, I believe that's 45 points deducted - plus my legal fees. :)

The rules do cover this situation. From the opening message in this thread...

- If Everton fail to score, no one gets any points for predicted goalscorer.

I wasn't suggesting you make the rules up as you go along :lol:.

But I do think that if it'd stayed 0-1 on Saturday I'd have given a "perfect" prediction, so I don't see why that doesn't get the same points as any other perfect prediction :).

Not my fault we can't score so why penalise me :crying: .

Ah - then you didn't read the other fine print: "All complaints determined to be invalid shall subject the complainant to a fine equal in points to the number of words in the complaint." So, I believe that's 45 points deducted - plus my legal fees. :)

Well poop!

How is that a glitch? It's just hedging your bets and guarantees you won't get a perfect score; don't see that it's clever to ensure you get one point while ruling out the possibility of ten :mellow:.

because if you predict us winning someone has to score for us to win. by predicting a win without anyone scoring you are making an impossible bet. i understand there is the own goal angle but hedging your bets in an internet free match is ludicrous in my opionion.

because if you predict us winning someone has to score for us to win. by predicting a win without anyone scoring you are making an impossible bet. i understand there is the own goal angle but hedging your bets in an internet free match is ludicrous in my opionion.

Of course it it, that was my point. I don't understand how you've come from describing it as "clever" to "ludicrous" in a couple of posts :huh:.

Of course it it, that was my point. I don't understand how you've come from describing it as "clever" to "ludicrous" in a couple of posts :huh:.

i meant the clever sarcastically, i need to use the emoji's more, i'm a very dry humour type guy monotone and all that. need the emoji's to help. :afro2::afro2:

also maybe glitch wasn't the right word, but i can't think of anything better at the moment.

thirdly maybe i'm pissed cause i'm absolutely horrid at this game. i pick us to win every game and i'm near lowest points per prediction. it's all roberto's fault!! :67:

Edited by markjazzbassist

Just one week to go, and any of four people could win for the season, and any of five people could win for PPG. For this game, no fewer than five people managed 4 points. Congratulations to Droobie, markjazzbassist, MikeO, Paddock, and Shukes. For the month, I retain a slim lead. For the season, Romey carries a 3-point lead into the final game. As for Points Per Game, TonkaRoost has a 0.03 point lead. It's all on the final prediction.
May%2016_zpszvy6ek2y.jpg

Edited by Cornish Steve