IGNORED

Kopite Thread

I'll probably get a backlash from someone, but I really can't abide Liverpool supporters on Everton fan pages. I wouldn't go over to one of their fan sites as an Evertonian and get involved, good natured or otherwise, and wouldn't really expect the same here. I don't like them, bottom line, and if that's a crime, then I'm guilty of it. And that fucking 'five times' thing, everywhere you go, gets on the damn nerves. No offense to those involved, but there's no sense in lying.

I inadvertently saw their result today with NCFC on a link page and they did well to get a result like that, although I don't know the full story. Maybe Norwich weren't as bad as the scoreline suggests, but they've had a result or two in recent weeks, although had a struggle with a third or fourth division side recently in the FA cup rounds.

They're too inconsistent, Rogers was the wrong choice, they simply don't have the players right now to be plausible challengers for a champions league place, I don't rate that Sturridge kid and the other new signing made recently, and for the most part this season, they've been poor in the league - again

It's very likely you'll win nothing once more and even miss out on a Euro berth altogether, but you can quote me on that at end of season. I wouldn't get too carried away by yesterdays victory

We should have pulled out all the stops to get sturridge when he came back from his Bolton loan. Busy pain in the arse of a player, will happily try and commit a defender, good awareness and can finish. Prone to being a little greedy but I like that in a striker.

He will improve them massively unfortunately.

Folk need to look at the bigger picture with Suarez I think.

These guys are not coached in England. Their coaching is from the school of football that embraces, and encourages foul play, and they are told to dive, and told to use every trick in the book as part of their coaching.

If we are to extend our game to the rest of the world, and invite other cultures into our game, then we also need to realise that English values are not shared by foreign players. We can't dictate what we, as a small shitty arsed country in the middle of nothing particularly important to anybody, think is acceptable.

All we can do is offer insight into our values, and respectfully ask people to acknowledge them whilst here. What we can't do is expect folk to press a button, and immidiately become perfect. Our leagues own players are just as bad, so it's also hypocritical to think Suarez is a special case.

For me, he is in the spotlight, for doing what the 'then' captain of England John Terry did, and then in the spotlight for doing what the 'now' captain of England Steven Gerrard does all the time. If folk are honest, a lot of hatred for Suarez emerged from his goal line hand ball in the World Cup, but would anybody have batted an eyelid had it been against Germany or Argentina?

If the Prem lose Suarez, they will lose one of the worlds great players.

People don't queue in other countries, or embrace the same courtesy we do, but it doesn't mean they are worse than we are, just different.

Suarez clearly cheats, but my Staffy will also bite other dogs. To them, it's normal.

We should have pulled out all the stops to get sturridge when he came back from his Bolton loan. Busy pain in the arse of a player, will happily try and commit a defender, good awareness and can finish. Prone to being a little greedy but I like that in a striker.

Why? According to some on here Sturridge is "shit". I begged to differ and so far, he's proving my opinion right.

Oh FFS - http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2013/01/21/philippe-coutinho-set-to-become-liverpool-fc-s-second-january-signing-100252-32642667/

Another good player to add to their roster. Coutinho is class. That really is a coup for them.

He'll cost them between £5-8m, only £12m less than Downing and £27m cheaper than Carrol. They're buying the right players at the right prices now.

Scary stuff.

There would be no point him signing for us as he isnt good enough to play upfront on his own and its not like we are going to change our style.

Rodgers has changed their style a little to bring him in and unfortunately it looks like him and Suarez have a good understanding already. They have only played a poor Norwich team that they usually stuff and a Man Utd team who are frail at the back so it will be interesting to see if it continues.

I was a little concerned recently about how they have got themselves together and played some decent soccer in recent weeks, but nothing overly oustanding or memorable, but it's been an improvement. It was only in the recent past that they were having a damn rough time of things and Rogers was getting ridiculed left right and center and now it looks as if they're champions league contenders once again of all things. This is doing my temper and depression no favors, as I don't want them coming good again, and I'd like to see them in a perpetual struggle or having a hard time of things, but I do believe they won't win anything this calendar year. They'll never go back to the great side of the 1970s and 1980s for as long as I live, or even win another league championship, in all probability.

Enjoyed the Oldham game !

Good old fashioned cup tie, how may of those have liverpool played over the years? Their fans are blaming the defeat on Oldham playing like Stokerofl.gif .......oh and the weather!

Let's hope when we arrive for the 5th round, it's not raining or cold......and if Oldham would be so kind as to keeping the ball on the ground and not play to their strengths it would be appreaciated.

Oh and we've seen it's no good bleating at the ref if it's going wrong......Gerrard tried that from the moment he came on !

If Oldham kick our arses, please, please can we have the strength to not blame the way they play or the weather.

I heard the weather was an issue. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Tossers.

Looking on the TV though it didn't seem like it was. I only noticed that it was raining with around 20-30 minutes to go and even then the pitch didn't seem too bad, the simple fact is that Liverpool didn't take their chances, Suarez had numerous attempts to score and fluffed them as did Sturridge and Wisdom. Gerrard hit the bar in the 90th minute too so they could have easily got a replay.