IGNORED

Kopite Thread

Nice that Liverpool went behind to an offside goal after all the luck they have had this season. I must say though, I prefer the Liverpool, in your face, defending. Every time a Stoke player gets the ball, anywhere on the pitch, he has a Liverpool player in his face. It beats our backing off, letting them have possession almost to the edge of our penalty area.

Can't understand why Crouch didn't get subbed. His legs had gone before 90 minutes. Then they let him take a penalty, no wonder it was saved, he hadn't got the energy to hit it with any pace.

He was always going to miss, no question, as was the last guy who missed (forget his name) but you can tell 90% from the body language. Crap.

Still trying to find a way to dislike Klopp but it's not happening dammit...

"If everything comes together in a good way then it's a Merseyside derby in Wembley, great.

“It's great for the whole town, this city will have deserved it since I've been here.

“I can only say it's great to be here, it's a great place for football. In my opinion how they all live together, the Blues and the Reds, in normal life, that's how football should be.
“If you meet each other, you want to beat each other, that's great. It's cool that they are here. In a derby do everything to beat them.
“If the whole of Liverpool goes there, cool. Empty city!”.

Starting from next season, their tickets prices in the new stand, will start from £77.00 per ticket.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/02/liverpool-supporters-label-club-new-ticket-prices-morally-unjustifiable

Silly money. Getting out of hand. You'd have thought the TV deal could have taken pressure of match day revenue.

Starting from next season, their tickets prices in the new stand, will start from £77.00 per ticket.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/02/liverpool-supporters-label-club-new-ticket-prices-morally-unjustifiable

Silly money. Getting out of hand. You'd have thought the TV deal could have taken pressure of match day revenue.

£77 for the ticket

£200 for a flight from Norway

£100 for a hotel

£100 to process all the selfie photos taken whilst the match is playing

That's an expensive day out for the average Liverpool fan.

Some seats will cost 77 quid, not starting from.

What you have to understand they the Americans have invested probably £200/300m so they want a return.

Gate receipts are petty cash though these days, £18 increase on a few thousand tickets won't even cause a ripple in their balance sheet, let alone a return for investors. Whereas £18 for minimum wage earning Joe Public is a huge deal.

Dreadful PR.

thing is it's not normally Joe public that go to see Liverpool.

By there own admission they say they are making 20 thousand tickets available to local people.

That works out just over a 1000 a game.

Liverpool have for years sold their tickets abroad.

Hence you have the jet set fly in for all the home games buying the souvenirs in their shops.

So even worse PR.

Actually it sounds like it's all been blown a bit out of proportion when you listen to Ian Ayre.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35502408

There are just two hundred tickets for six games that'll cost £77.

They wouldn't speak to their own fans and help qualm their worries.

They also asked the press not to ask Klopp about the subject.

They wouldn't speak to their own fans and help qualm their worries.

They also asked the press not to ask Klopp about the subject.

Don't know about the first bit but the second is understandable; I'm sure Roberto's not in the meetings deciding on next season's ticket prices for us so a bit unfair to quiz him on it (if it were us in the position).

What he's saying is that if you look at the whole package there really aren't that many worries to be calmed, and also saying that they consult with their support regularly. There are free tickets and £9 tickets as well as a relatively minute amount of £77 tickets (1,200 over the season); never thought I'd be on here defending Liverpool but that seems pretty fair to me.

Don't know about the first bit but the second is understandable; I'm sure Roberto's not in the meetings deciding on next season's ticket prices for us so a bit unfair to quiz him on it (if it were us in the position).

What he's saying is that if you look at the whole package there really aren't that many worries to be calmed, and also saying that they consult with their support regularly. There are free tickets and £9 tickets as well as a relatively minute amount of £77 tickets (1,200 over the season); never thought I'd be on here defending Liverpool but that seems pretty fair to me.

They're in the same city as us, and haven't won anything in years yet still charge their fans about 50% more than we do. The locals are being priced out, it's unfair and if it keeps happening the unchoosen local gobshites might end up having to come over to the blue side with their flags and shit songs... Which is bad enough once a year.

They charge more than Man United as well who have been more successful in the last two decades. There's just no way to justify the price.

People should be careful what they wish for…People should make their own decisions but I feel absolutely we have made the right decision and have everyone’s best interests at heart. I respect everyone’s right to do what they think is right but for every fan thinking about that I would say ‘Have a look at the facts’. If people want to leave after 77 minutes that is disappointing but it shouldn’t be because they feel the prices are wrong as there is something for everyone in there” – Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre.

As soon as I see an executive spout the word "absolutely" it sets my spidey senses in "spin alert" mode. Did he go on the same spin course as Robert "absolutely" Elstone?