IGNORED

Krasnodar (A) Europa

markjazzbassist

Guest millwallforever

If we play the same team as against Swansea, they will massacre us. Their midfield is very good: Ahmedov the Uzbek is a beast and Izmailov, who has already beaten us in the past, is still a top class player. Then we'll have to deal with the pace of Bystrov, not to mention their South Americans. Just had a word with Muscovite mate about the game. He told me that the teams from Moscow and St Petersburg are terrified of places like Krasnodar and Grozny. There is usually an eerie atmosphere, the crowds are hostile, and a newly founded club like Krasnodar has a point to prove; hence they take the Europa League very seriously. They also have a ruthless crook as owner who accepts no dilly-dallying from his players.

I think we'll do them and do them easy.

Not saying they're rubbish I don't know anything about them but I just have a feeling we're going to twat them.

The trip is actually not that long. Three hour's flight from Liverpool to Krasnodar and time difference of three hours. Theoretically they could take off 10 o'clock in the morning and be back home before midnight.

Interesting. I assumed they'd fly there Wed eve.

But if this isn't one of those proverbial "long trips to southeast Europe," what is? Panathinaikos? Trabzonspor? Is it all an urban legend?

If we play the same team as against Swansea, they will massacre us. Their midfield is very good: Ahmedov the Uzbek is a beast and Izmailov, who has already beaten us in the past, is still a top class player. Then we'll have to deal with the pace of Bystrov, not to mention their South Americans. Just had a word with Muscovite mate about the game. He told me that the teams from Moscow and St Petersburg are terrified of places like Krasnodar and Grozny. There is usually an eerie atmosphere, the crowds are hostile, and a newly founded club like Krasnodar has a point to prove; hence they take the Europa League very seriously. They also have a ruthless crook as owner who accepts no dilly-dallying from his players.

I can see us quaking in our boots running out then!!

You can make it sound as scary as you want. We'll beat them

The trip is actually not that long. Three hour's flight from Liverpool to Krasnodar and time difference of three hours. Theoretically they could take off 10 o'clock in the morning and be back home before midnight.

It's more than that. "As the crow flies" Liverpool to Krasnodar is just short of 2000 miles; unless we charter a concorde that's considerably more than three hours. The flight I take fairly regularly is less than 1400 miles and that's (at best, with a following wind) three and a quarter on something like a 737 or an A320, and that's just time in the air, you have to add pissing around in airport time.

Minimum five hour flight I reckon, plus airport.

Guest millwallforever

A regular flight from Liverpool to Moscow takes slightly more than 4 hours. I would assume that we are not flying with Ryan Air. And I'm sure that the Russkies will make special arrangements for Mighty Everton.

It's more than that. "As the crow flies" Liverpool to Krasnodar is just short of 2000 miles; unless we charter a concorde that's considerably more than three hours. The flight I take fairly regularly is less than 1400 miles and that's (at best, with a following wind) three and a quarter on something like a 737 or an A320, and that's just time in the air, you have to add pissing around in airport time.

Minimum five hour flight I reckon, plus airport.

There likely to be any racial abuse of our players out there?

Hard to say. South of Russia is probably most diverse bit. Lots of folks from the stans and the Caucuses, Baku etc, plus half their team is foreign. It won't be nearly as bad as St. Petersburg.

But then again, it's still Russia and you have things like this on network TV

Edited by chicagoblue

A regular flight from Liverpool to Moscow takes slightly more than 4 hours. I would assume that we are not flying with Ryan Air. And I'm sure that the Russkies will make special arrangements for Mighty Everton.

Journey to Moscow's about four hundred miles less than to Krasnodar, so I don't see where you got three hours from.

Guest millwallforever

I don't think so. The culprits are typically the teams from the north, with Zenit St Petersburg being the biggest racist sh*thole of them all.

There likely to be any racial abuse of our players out there?

Edited by millwallforever

Another factor I agree, not thought of that. But it should be OK hopefully, still decent weather over there, luckily it's not Siberia.]

Have been there in the past. Krasnodar is further south than Moscow so the weather should be fine. Close to Chechnya. It's a beautiful city actually. I quite enjoyed my business trip there.

Guest millwallforever

I don't doubt that your calculations are 100% spot on. I am geographically situated right between Liverpool and the Black Sea. From personal experience I know that I can fly in both directions and reach my destination in (sometimes less than) two hours. In other words: I have made no rigorous calculations but rough estimates, assuming that special flights taking the shortest possible route as well as avoiding all the customary malarkey at the airports will do the job faster.

Journey to Moscow's about four hundred miles less than to Krasnodar, so I don't see where you got three hours from.

Guest millwallforever

Interesting. I assumed they'd fly there Wed eve.

But if this isn't one of those proverbial "long trips to southeast Europe," what is? Panathinaikos? Trabzonspor? Is it all an urban legend?

Next year I will be moving to that part of the world. Having been there a couple of times, it feels like a place 'just around the corner' to me. I think it is all a question of attitude: if you are going there to become totally pissed and get beaten up by the locals, then it will be a long trip for sure.

Cheers for the geography lesson, anyways....I'd like us to line up a bit like....T-How, Garbutt, Milkman, Birdman, Browning, McCarthy, Bes, Ossie, McGeady, Eto'o, Rom. They may be dangerous (I'll take someone who knows more about them than I do's word for it) but losing/drawing away in Russia is not going to dent confidence too much.

Edited by BlueBlood81

Cheers for the geography lesson, anyways....I'd like us to line up a bit like....T-How, Garbutt, Milkman, Birdman, Browning, McCarthy, Bes, Ossie, McGeady, Eto'o, Rom. They may be dangerous (I'll take someone who knows more about them than I do's word for it) but losing/drawing away in Russia is not going to dent confidence too much.

Had to think about that one for a moment :lol:.

Mostly agree with bluenose, but I really don't think Osman can ever start another game. He's a liability. Start with Gibson, even if he can only go 45. Bring Ossie on in the second half. Also would have Distin and Alcaraz, would be good for them to form a partnership and I can see it working nicely, Distin to provide the pace and cover, Alcaraz to read the game and bring the ball out of defense.