IGNORED

Matt

Louis

14 hrs and an episiotomy. Horrifying. If I had any doubts whether god exists or not, I've come to 3 possible conclusions

1. He couldn't exist, no one would inflict that upon the worst humans in the world.

2. He does exist and he's a sadistic woman hater, no loving god would design that process unless...

3. God is a retard who had no idea what he was doing so far from omnipotent

But my girls are here safe and sound, pooing on my other hand at the moment, which gave me massive faith in people.

14 hrs and an episiotomy. Horrifying. If I had any doubts whether god exists or not, I've come to 3 possible conclusions

1. He couldn't exist, no one would inflict that upon the worst humans in the world.

2. He does exist and he's a sadistic woman hater, no loving god would design that process unless...

3. God is a retard who had no idea what he was doing so far from omnipotent

But my girls are here safe and sound, pooing on my other hand at the moment, which gave me massive faith in people.

But then you look at your new daughter and think, how could such a beautiful person result from this process? I've thought that after each of ours was born.

Watching the birth of my Son through all the panic and stress of 21 hours for my wife and feeling totally helpless as I tried to encourage her through pain reinforced to me there is a God. To me it's the only explanation. An indescribable experience that totally leaves you without words or comprehension. It's a miraculous thing.

Hope you are enjoying life as new Dad Matt.

Josh came out so easily in the end all the midwife needed was a baseball mitt so I my wife didn't overly suffer :lol:, though he did have the cord wrapped round his neck twice so it was momentarily scary.

Didn't feel it as a religious experience either way but what I did feel was a kind of understanding of "the meaning of life" (deep) and I virtually immediately lost any fear I had of death. I'd passed on my genes I guess, done what I was put here for.

I think being a parent makes it abundantly clear the people who don't matter in life. Things like work are a means to support your family, not a vehicle to exercise the ego.

The biggest privilege is the responsibility to make a difference by raising a human being to be the best person they can be. I'm very lucky to have received that as a child and a man, it's my job to pass it on.

Very deep subject.

Josh came out so easily in the end all the midwife needed was a baseball mitt so I my wife didn't overly suffer :lol:, though he did have the cord wrapped round his neck twice so it was momentarily scary.

Didn't feel it as a religious experience either way but what I did feel was a kind of understanding of "the meaning of life" (deep) and I virtually immediately lost any fear I had of death. I'd passed on my genes I guess, done what I was put here for.

By the time my wife had our sixth, it was like shelling peas. Our younger daughter was born within three minutes of entering the maternity ward.

I think being a parent makes it abundantly clear the people who don't matter in life. Things like work are a means to support your family, not a vehicle to exercise the ego.

The biggest privilege is the responsibility to make a difference by raising a human being to be the best person they can be. I'm very lucky to have received that as a child and a man, it's my job to pass it on.

Very deep subject.

well put, i definitely felt the same after my son was born. similar to what you said mike as well, meaning of life and all that.

But then you look at your new daughter and think, how could such a beautiful person result from this process? I've thought that after each of ours was born.

science explains it quite well for me, and I get more comfort from seeing the people doing what they did than faith has recently.

That I said, I always feel I was happier with faith and because it had wained I wasn't enjoying life as much. Now it's gone I feel liberated.

Happy to be proven wrong though :) anyway, 3 dirty nappies in 1.5hrs at this time of night, maybe the alcohol rub is getting to me. And the little one has hiccups whilst feeding. It's hilarious, she looks so confused!