IGNORED

Burnley

markjazzbassist

Much better performance 2nd half.

We passed it around more patiently. Made them chase and work. I think we looked real slick in the 2nd half and more solid at the back.

Eto'o was at his best today. I doubt he could do that every game but he is a real asset.

He seen the enigma of Lukaku today. But more of that in the Lukaku thread.

Overall, got to be quite happy without being overly excited that we are back to our best.

Good win but many problems. When we scored early we sat back on our lead and let Burnley get momentum into their game. Don't like this passing between the back four (like England). Its. fine if you don't make a mistake. We gifted a goal from this and got away with another later on. Tim Howard always rolls the ball out to a defender. Sometimes there is an opposition player within 10 yards so the ball goes back to Howard, the opposition player closes him down and Howard has to hit a panic clearance which generally goes to the opposition. The 'over-passing' goes on around the opposition penalty area. Its as though everyone is under orders not to have a shot. Then, finally, a good move is ruined by a pass going astray. When it works, the passing is very pleasing on the eye. I just wish that at times we could be a bit more direct. Its nice to have a grumble after a good win though. :jump for joy:

Good win but many problems. When we scored early we sat back on our lead and let Burnley get momentum into their game. Don't like this passing between the back four (like England). Its. fine if you don't make a mistake. We gifted a goal from this and got away with another later on. Tim Howard always rolls the ball out to a defender. Sometimes there is an opposition player within 10 yards so the ball goes back to Howard, the opposition player closes him down and Howard has to hit a panic clearance which generally goes to the opposition. The 'over-passing' goes on around the opposition penalty area. Its as though everyone is under orders not to have a shot. Then, finally, a good move is ruined by a pass going astray. When it works, the passing is very pleasing on the eye. I just wish that at times we could be a bit more direct. Its nice to have a grumble after a good win though. :jump for joy:

We didn't gift a goal from passing at the back. It was a forward pass only for that dozy fucker up front to play a shitty pass once again.

Why do you doubt he's only 33? Physically he doesn't look any older. His movement etc. not if an old man.

I think he does look older than 33 and I also know that it is difficult for african players to know their exact age due to the lack of people registration tools. Especially 33-35 years ago. They basically guess their ahe when they get their first passport.

Just an observation, the guy is ace. Dont care about his age

Guest millwallforever

What a ludicrious generalisation. Africa is a large continent. in most African countries they are good at keeping track of the dates of birth; in some they aren't.

I think he does look older than 33 and I also know that it is difficult for african players to know their exact age due to the lack of people registration tools. Especially 33-35 years ago. They basically guess their ahe when they get their first passport.

Just an observation, the guy is ace. Dont care about his age

Edited by millwallforever

It's his first major fuck up. Besics was much worse but he got the benefit of the doubt.

No, major fuck up cause no one saved his arse. It would have been in double figures if people didn't get him out of trouble. And the fact that he was closer to our own goal. He does this every minute in the final third.

Everyone having an Eto love in and rightly so he played well but Mcarthey absolutely pissed all over it for mom today he was fucking imense. If a crisp packet had blown across that pitch today he would have tackled itThe lad ran the show he was absolutely imense

Drunk?

Everyone having an Eto love in and rightly so he played well but Mcarthey absolutely pissed all over it for mom today he was fucking imense. If a crisp packet had blown across that pitch today he would have tackled it

The lad ran the show he was absolutely imense

Really? He was overshadowed by Barry in terms of our midfielders.

Everyone sees it differently but Eto'o really was outstanding today and that's not just based on his goals. He just oozes class.

I know he does I was bleating on about this when we were linked with him and was lambasted for it. I even used the ssame words you did, he does ooze class and he always has and today he was great but Mcarthey just pipped him. I dunno if maybe it's because I watched it in real time and not on TV that I noticed his movement and tracking back , covering tackles more than you do on TV but honest to god the block we were on people were walking out saying Mcarthey or Eto for MoM and there were a few shouts for Barry as well.

Like you say everyone sees a different game but Mcarthey for me today was just a monster.

I know he does I was bleating on about this when we were linked with him and was lambasted for it. I even used the ssame words you did, he does ooze class and he always has and today he was great but Mcarthey just pipped him. I dunno if maybe it's because I watched it in real time and not on TV that I noticed his movement and tracking back , covering tackles more than you do on TV but honest to god the block we were on people were walking out saying Mcarthey or Eto for MoM and there were a few shouts for Barry as well.

Like you say everyone sees a different game but Mcarthey for me today was just a monster.

I've always said this.... Sometimes when you're at the game you see it differently than on a TV. I 100% agree on this.

You're not swayed by forum opinion, not swayed by commentator opinion and also you don't get to see close ups and replays etc. it's more of a self judgment. Also you can choose to watch a certain player at certain times were as the TV just follows the ball and yes sometimes of the screen incident do help the game. Positioning etc. So I'm with you here.

It's like when you watch the boxing on silent.... Commentator opinion can really push on your thoughts to sway you.

McCarthy did have a good game.

Edited by MC11

I've always said this.... Sometimes when you're at the game you see it differently than on a TV. I 100% agree on this.

You're not swayed by forum opinion, not swayed by commentator opinion and also you don't get to see close ups and replays etc. it's more of a self judgment. Also you can choose to watch a certain player at certain times were as the TV just follows the ball and yes sometimes of the screen incident do help the game. Positioning etc. So I'm with you here.

It's like when you watch the boxing on silent.... Commentator opinion can really push on your thoughts to sway you.

McCarthy did have a good game.

I think it's very true to be honest. But just because I was there doesn't make opinion any more right than yours either. As you say everyone sees a different game but Mcartheys positioning, his timing to interupt and snuff out attacks his reading of the game and his engine was just phenominal.

I'd even go as far as to say thats the best performance I've seen of him in a blue shirt and everyone around was in agreeance as well as Eto who undoubtably had a brilliant game.

Regardless of the MoM though it was 3 points at a game where we traditionally slip up at (Burnley not won yet)

First time I have seen everton have two scary looking centre forwards and both scored. Sure lukaku could be better but he still scores!!! And the bench looked impressive too and I would say it scared burnley seeing us bring in the likes of Barkley!! Best squad in a long time. Hope we can really kick off from here!!!

First time I have seen everton have two scary looking centre forwards and both scored. Sure lukaku could be better but he still scores!!! And the bench looked impressive too and I would say it scared burnley seeing us bring in the likes of Barkley!! Best squad in a long time. Hope we can really kick off from here!!!

You could see the signs against Lille when Lukaku came on. The two on the pitch seemed to open things up.

Yeah, I was freaking out, because he was already on a yellow at the time, wasn't he? Scared me a bit, for sure.

Hahaha I remember seeing his follow up shot, the replay cut out before it hit the keeper in the head though. I was laughing at him hitting the cross bar at point blanc range, but to hear it hit the keeper is hillarious.

You could see the signs against Lille when Lukaku came on. The two on the pitch seemed to open things up.

I've always wanted to see those two on the pitch together. I know we don't usually play with 2 strikers, but they showed today that when either one gets the ball they're going to cause panic (even though Rom was pretty average). Eto'o also has the vision and class to play Lukaku in behind, which I'm not particularly confident in anyone else to do besides Barkley.

It was a good result, with some lovely goals... but...

We didn't look great at the back again, a better side would have scored more against us.

The second half seemed strange in the sense that we didn't look like we were trying to kill the game off.

We had a very strong bench with good attacking options It would have been nice to see a bit more decisiveness.

I think the third goal and the chances we had in the last 5 or so minutes flattered us.

Hopefully we can build on this though.

Looking forward to the Swansea game.