IGNORED

Sunderland (A)

Deacs

Not a great game is it?

We ain't doing too much wrong, but also not a lot dead right. It's just ok.

The shooting is awful.

Sunderland are defending as deep and compact as we'd expect. And we are struggling to open the tin.

I quite like Eto'o dropping deep to find space. Also liking Barkley powerful runs. And any notion that McGeady doesn't track back when required have been blown out of the water. Lukaku needs to up his game...again.

If we can just be patient and look to get into the box, we should sneak it.

we started out like gangbusters with a high tempo attack. once barry was injured it all went to hell. we slowed down, and no one is in the box. gibson looks absolutely knackered, he isn't defending either and it almost cost us. barry is a massive miss. we are putz'ing around the box, we need to drive it in and cross and make some link up play. they have the bus double parked and are just sitting back.

ross and mcgeady look up to it today, they're trying to make it. not sure why coleman and baines aren't involved, i'd like to see more of them.

Not a great game is it?

We ain't doing too much wrong, but also not a lot dead right. It's just ok.

The shooting is awful.

Sunderland are defending as deep and compact as we'd expect. And we are struggling to open the tin.

I quite like Eto'o dropping deep to find space. Also liking Barkley powerful runs. And any notion that McGeady doesn't track back when required have been blown out of the water. Lukaku needs to up his game...again.

If we can just be patient and look to get into the box, we should sneak it.

we started out like gangbusters with a high tempo attack. once barry was injured it all went to hell. we slowed down, and no one is in the box. gibson looks absolutely knackered, he isn't defending either and it almost cost us. barry is a massive miss. we are putz'ing around the box, we need to drive it in and cross and make some link up play. they have the bus double parked and are just sitting back.

ross and mcgeady look up to it today, they're trying to make it. not sure why coleman and baines aren't involved, i'd like to see more of them.

apart from the parking the bus comment, I completely agree with these 2 posts.

Everything is just average, across the park

McGeady has saved Coleman several times. Jagielka steady. Eto'o bad miss early on, and Barkley should have scored. McGeady probably our best (........) so far. Not enough play down left side, though Baines has created some good movement a couple of times.

Not a smooth team today. Sunderland always look dangerous on corners.

MarkJazz...I think Baines has been involved in a fair few attacks. Coleman however is a bit absent both in attack and defence, that I agree.

We can do this. Sunderland will have to be more daring at some point, being the home team usually brings that sort of added pressure.