IGNORED

James McCarthy

I love McCarthy and see him as the future Everton captain. 25 mil is obviously a lot of money and a 12 mil profit in just over 1 year so I understand if the club is tempted. He is however worth a lot more to the club so unless those two tight London clubs come back with at least 40 mil I seriously hope Everton tell them to f@ck off.

He has played 13 games where he has played +45 minutes and there are 13 games where he never played or didn't complete more than 45 minutes. So its a good sample size.

In the 13 games he has featured as per criteria above. We have won 23 points - 1.76 per game. In the 13 games he never featured we have won 9 points - 0.69 per game.

In the 13 games he featured we scored 28 goals - 2.15 per game. In the games he never we scored 11 goals - 0.84 per game

In the 13 games he featured we conceded 18 goals - 1.38 per game. The games he didnt play we conceded 19.

Massive player who's importance to our team is clear just on those stats alone. Forget assists, goals, shots or whatever. It's as clear as day that without this lad we are not close to being the team we could be.

Edited by Hafnia

He has played 13 games where he has played +45 minutes and there are 13 games where he never played or didn't complete more than 45 minutes. So its a good sample size.

In the 13 games he has featured as per criteria above. We have won 23 points - 1.76 per game. In the 13 games he never featured we have won 9 points - 0.69 per game.

In the 13 games he featured we scored 28 goals - 2.15 per game. In the games he never we scored 11 goals - 0.84 per game

In the 13 games he featured we conceded 18 goals - 1.38 per game. The games he didnt play we conceded 19.

I know I complained about useless stats yesterday but that's unquestionably good use of them. Very revealing and impossible to argue against (though I'm sure some will try :lol:).

It's the kind of stats used in that that I hate.

I know I complained about useless stats yesterday but that's unquestionably good use of them. Very revealing and impossible to argue against (though I'm sure some will try :lol:).

It's the kind of stats used in that that I hate.

I agree, stats very much depends on how they are used. That's why I hate the usual Elstone bullshit. All spin and very feeble.

There are some stats you just can't argue against though. The McCarthy factor is one of them.

I'm certain that a fully fit Kevin Mirallas impacts our team positively but I've said all along McCarthy earns us the right to play football.

Guest rusty747

McCarthy certainly gives us a platform. I think he also gives the attacking mids and forwards the confidence to try things as they know that if they lose possession he will regain it for them.

Besic is nowhere the player McCarthy is. We might just as well swap Mirallas for Lennon since they sort of play in the same position.

It takes an astute footballing eye to notice that so I wouldn't expect some people to agree with you. With McCarthy we have shape and more tempo, we turn over the ball quicker and attack quicker as he only takes 1-2 touches.

Remember years ago Liverpool fans thought Gerrard was the be all and end all of the midfield - Alonso was the player that gave them the platform to play. When he was missing Liverpool didn't look the same team.

It takes an astute footballing eye to notice that so I wouldn't expect some people to agree with you. With McCarthy we have shape and more tempo, we turn over the ball quicker and attack quicker as he only takes 1-2 touches.

Remember years ago Liverpool fans thought Gerrard was the be all and end all of the midfield - Alonso was the player that gave them the platform to play. When he was missing Liverpool didn't look the same team.

As much as a I like McCarthy he isn't near alonso's level whilst at Liverpool.... Great at wining the ball back and his energy levels are unmatched which we lack, but is passing range isn't excellent.

As much as a I like McCarthy he isn't near alonso's level whilst at Liverpool.... Great at wining the ball back and his energy levels are unmatched which we lack, but is passing range isn't excellent.

Its not what level they are comparitively as they have different strengths at different elements, alonso is more technical vs mccarthy more physical. But both are fundamental to how the team play, tactically and tempo wise.

You can watch a game and not appreciate what they give till they aren't there. They do the supposed simple things so well - consistently.

This wont happen unless they come in with a monster bid. 20 mil is nowhere near enough for McCarthy. (He might be worth that to other clubs but he is worth more than that to us.)

He is the future Everton captain. We simply cant sell him.

Take that £20m comment with a pinch of salt. You are falling into his little trap - not worth discussing.

Edited by Hafnia

For all those who love McCarthy and yes he is good should he not come out and say he wants to stay and help us climb the league ?

He probably would if someone asked him, you can't expect players to run a regular update of their intentions; and even if they did (statistically speaking) 76.2% of it would be only 28.3% accurate.

I'd sell him he's worth what we paid for him so £20m is more than enough. If they're offering Lennon as well why not? We could get a better midfielder for £20m

Clearly a club like spurs who collect midfielders don't agree. Otherwise they would spend £20m on someone else..