IGNORED

Wolfsburg (A)

Guest millwallforever

Guest millwallforever

I saw it fit to start this thread early. This is going to be my first ever away game in Europe; hence I am eagerly looking forward to the encounter. A draw between Lille and Krasnodar, and we will be through to the next round, regardless of the outcome in Wolfsburg. They are currently flying high and have become annoyingly smug; I would love to see us humiliate them on their home turf. They are not that good.

My verdict: Wolfsburg-Everton 2-3

Guest millwallforever

They are not that good; we'll win.

honestly with their form and it being an away, i'm hoping for a draw. i don't know if a win is possible with all the matches we have in the space of 2 weeks, it seems were playing twice a week for the next couple of weeks, so rotation is important.

I take it you keep up with the Bundesliga a bit more than I do millwall. I have sparingly kept up with Hertha Berlin because of John Anthony Brooks. I just saw that they lost to Schalke away so they may be reeling a bit. Then again, they did score 2 goals in that game and our backline was pretty poor today. I'll also take a draw on the road, more the better if we win because that would clinch the group for us and make the last game irrelevant.

Guest rusty747

For those with long enough memories we need another performance like the away game at Bayern Munich in 1985 which finished 0-0 and set the platform for the greatest night in Goodison's history.

Have a look at Wolfsburgs last 6 results.

If we play like we played today they'll destroy us.

Wolfsburg fans will be looking at our last seven and worrying also.

Won four, drawn three, twelve scored, three conceded. Not too shabby on paper, even though we've been well below our best.

Howard

Coleman Jags Browning Garbutt

McCarthy Besic

McGeady Barkley Mirallas

Eto'o

Subs - Osman, lukaku, atsu

We'll get a new arsehole ripped playing that back 4. We're gonna need some wise and experienced heads in there Thursday.

Wolfsburg are seriously on fire. Check their last 6 out. Not only have they won they've demolished anything in front of them.

Which reminds me, that Wolfsburg fan who was whinging that nothing was going in for them even though they were creating bag loads of chances... I told him it would click but he wasn't sure.

Where is he now to thank me the ungrateful fucker :shaking fist:

We'll get a new arsehole ripped playing that back 4. We're gonna need some wise and experienced heads in there Thursday.

Wolfsburg are seriously on fire. Check their last 6 out. Not only have they won they've demolished anything in front of them.

Which reminds me, that Wolfsburg fan who was whinging that nothing was going in for them even though they were creating bag loads of chances... I told him it would click but he wasn't sure.

Ha ha, if only you could have been wrong, for a few more weeks at least :)

This will be an interesting game I'm sure. Onus is on them, hopefully we can muster a strong defensive effort, nab a goal and hopefully rest key players for the next one!!

With all our injury problems a point is the best I think we'll do. I'd have taken that even with our full side tbh, so it'd be a brilliant result for us.

All the experienced heads are injured pad. That's the best xi we got. Hiibbert will get destroyed at LB, and Distin is terrible, browning coming in and making a huge error but growing is the same as distin play and making a huge error except he's old and should know betterz

All the experienced heads are injured pad. That's the best xi we got. Hiibbert will get destroyed at LB, and Distin is terrible, browning coming in and making a huge error but growing is the same as distin play and making a huge error except he's old and should know betterz

Distin hasn't but a foot wrong since his return Mark, very harsh that and Baines will play I think.

Distin hasn't but a foot wrong since his return Mark, very harsh that and Baines will play I think.

he's still a liability and i'd rather have a young prospective liability than an old liability.

i do hope baines has recovered but would rather see him at spurs and let him be fully fit. he's played a lot of matches with us and england this year.

Edited by markjazzbassist

he's still a liability and i'd rather have a young prospective liability than an old liability.

i do hope baines has recovered but would rather see him at spurs and let him be fully fit. he's played a lot of matches with us and england this year.

It's all about opinions mate but I think you're being hugely unfair on him tbh. He's been pretty solid since he came back and when we were leaking goals he wasn't the main culprit by a long shot (bar the swansea game)

Personally I'd have him in all day long over a kid. Hibbert at left back is different but Distin is exactly the wise head we need in a game like Wolfsburg.

Edited by Paddock