IGNORED

Wolfsburg (A)

Guest millwallforever

Lukaku's control is still shite, and that's being nice, but the only difference why he looked like a world beater tonight is because the first time this year he let out strength and determination to overcome his first touch which give him a second bite at the cherry everytime. They just couldn't handle his physicality.

Barkley is not a team player at all.

Just said exactly the same, he's a greedy fucker. No need at all for his sefishness then he had options both sides and he tried to be a super star. He needs to pass the ball. It's about Everton not Ross Barkley.

Cue the "he's only young he's still learning cries"

Lets go.....

wow what a match, we were getting battered the whole first half, only for a quick strike counter and lukaku goal. second half we really bossed it and lukaku to mirallas for a beautiful 1 2. then they threw everything at us and we withstood the attack. jags and the back 4 (hibbert and garbutt included) really had a great match, tim howard with some great big saves, and besic looked great.

Lukaku, Howard, Back 4 all MOTM for me. hard to pick but probably lukaku, what a match for him. purple patch, let's hope he keeps it up!

sign de bruyne and perisic up, those guys were class.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Swedish commentators have picked Everton to win the whole thing. The studio experts have them as one of three who should win it. They were all impressed that Everton could play this well in defense and still win by 2 against Wolfsburg away. Hailing Martinez as one of the best in the world.

It really wasn't the best performance (looked really good in parts though) but we got the win that guarantees us top spot (and avoiding the CL sides), which is all that really matters.

I thought we were great second half. We looked comfortable all half and looked lethal on the break. Mcgeadys miss and Barkleys offside I've seen flags stay down for. I was really impressed.

First half we were all over the place though and just hit them with a sucker punch.

wow what a match, we were getting battered the whole first half, only for a quick strike counter and lukaku goal. second half we really bossed it and lukaku to mirallas for a beautiful 1 2. then they threw everything at us and we withstood the attack. jags and the back 4 (hibbert and garbutt included) really had a great match, tim howard with some great big saves, and besic looked great.

Lukaku, Howard, Back 4 all MOTM for me. hard to pick but probably lukaku, what a match for him. purple patch, let's hope he keeps it up!

sign de bruyne and perisic up, those guys were class.

Noticed you left Distin "the liabilty" out of that post whilst naming all the other 3 but also put "all the back 4"

Dear oh dear :lol:

Noticed you left Distin "the liabilty" out of that post whilst naming all the other 3 but also put "all the back 4"

Dear oh dear :lol:

i'll gladly eat crow pad, distin played a hell of a match. very proud of him and glad to be wrong. he and jags were ageless. :)

i would like to see browning in the krasnodar match to get him time, distin looked a little injured or just a knock at the end. hope he's alright, he's not my favorite but we need him and he's playing well.

MADE UP WE WON THE GROUP AND ARE GOING TO ROUND OF 32. WOO

Edited by markjazzbassist

Great counter attacking performance. Can't think of anyone who had a bad game really. Everyone in the back 4 were immense. Garbutt especially, called for him to get more time in the academy thread as he's looked really good for England U21's and I was fuming he didn't play against west ham but fair play to Hibbo because he was good against west ham but he was superb tonight. Perisic is a very good player but Hibbo dealt with him well.

Rom did well to recover after almost losing it for his goal and showed a real touch of class for the assist for Mirallas. Kev did really well considering his lack of match fitness. More of that please Kev!

Awsome result when you consider the run they were on and they had to win that to be in with a shout of winning the group. And considering the players we had missing. Coleman, Naismith, Barry, McCarthy, Baines. We have a very good squad at the minute.

Saw this on twitter that made me laugh :lol:

"Samuel Eto'o has just apologised to Tony Hibbert for not playing him in with a pass.

Welcome to Everton Fc 2014/15"

With McCarthy and Barry seemingly both out. This is a good chance to see how we do without two out and out sitters in the middle of the park. We were much better with McCarthy off the field. That may have been enhanced by Wolfsburg trying to push on but I'm convinced that we'll be more fluent with Besic sitting and a more forward thinker in the middle.

Good performance across the pitch and a well deserved win. Wolfsburg have lots of shots but so many of them are from outside the box.

I dont think anyone had a bad game, Jags and Distin were excellent, Hibbert kept getting caught out of position but then making up for it and Garbutt could have been playing LB for us for years and while I dont think he was perfect he was bloody good on the whole.

In the centre of midfield we were solid, Besic was slow to start with and took responsibility when McCarthy went off. The latter was playing well until he got injured and hopefully he wont be out for long. Osman did a good job in there too and his part in one of the goals (or possible both) along with the McGeady chance was huge.

Mirallas and McGeady were both in and out. Mirallas is coming back to fitness and its to be expected and he finished his chance well. McGeady worked his nuts off but when that little bit of quality was needed whether it be a pass or a shot he generally cocked it up. Even little underhit or overhit passes when we could have been on the break and leaving the side exposed.

Etoo did well but he wasnt at his best today and Lukaku did really well for the most part, scoring one, setting the other up and generally doing well with his all round game.

Good strong performance and to think we have effectively beaten the current 2nd best team in Germany 6-1 over two legs is very impressive!

What does excite me is if we keep being solid defensively we will score goals as we are so dangerous on the counter attack. Mirallas makes such a difference. Brilliant player, please sort his contract out sooner rather than later. Remember we were without Naismith, Coleman, Baines, Stones, Barry, Pienaar, Oviedo, Gibson and Alcaraz tonight and we still won 2-0 to the 2nd team in Bundesliga. We're getting better and better and with the Prem so open this season there's no reason why we can't make a fight for fourth.

Edited by Geth