IGNORED

Wolfsburg (A)

Guest millwallforever

Million percent it'll be Hibbert. Really frustrating that he'll play Hibbert again. He obviously doesn't fancy The kids does he.

Think he wants experience. Anything but a loss is really important in this one and a seasoned head like Hibbert will bring a bit of solidity to the back.

Guest millwallforever

Thus far this has been a good week for English teams against the Germans. Up to us now to continue this trend. Wolfsburg are likely to be without Rodriguez, Guilavogui, Vieirinha. Don't know much about the latter two, but Rodriguez is a key player.

Think he wants experience. Anything but a loss is really important in this one and a seasoned head like Hibbert will bring a bit of solidity to the back.

Sorry Matt but you're contradicting yourself a little bit there mate. You want us not to buy a centre half because you say if a player is good enough then he's old enough but think it's the right move to play an ageing right back who can't get in the team in his own position out of position when we have a young left back who in Martinez words is more than ready to step up. He done the same against West Ham.

Not having a go by the way mate but it can't be both ways.

I know you were talking about actually buying not playing but if you don't buy they have to play don't they. This is an excellent opportunity to give him valuable game time and bot play Hibbert who is probably the most right footed player I've ever seen on the left hand side. I don't think it's nessassrally shit or bust tomorrow, if Lille and Krasnodor draw we're through anyway.

Sorry Matt but you're contradicting yourself a little bit there mate. You want us not to buy a centre half because you say if a player is good enough then he's old enough but think it's the right move to play an ageing right back who can't get in the team in his own position out of position when we have a young left back who in Martinez words is more than ready to step up. He done the same against West Ham.

Not having a go by the way mate but it can't be both ways.

I know you were talking about actually buying not playing but if you don't buy they have to play don't they. This is an excellent opportunity to give him valuable game time and bot play Hibbert who is probably the most right footed player I've ever seen on the left hand side. I don't think it's nessassrally shit or bust tomorrow, if Lille and Krasnodor draw we're through anyway.

Not at all contradicting myself. Hibbert is a short term solution. Buying a CB is a long term investment, which we cannot do for this game anyway.

I also didn't say I think Hibbert should start, I was putting forward my interpretation as to why Martinez would do that ;)

Every game I've seen Hibbo in this season he's been more than good enough. That's every game he's played bar Swansea in the cup.

I don't get the hate. "Play young players" - no thanks let's play the best available and if Bobby thinks that Garbutt or Hibbert on the night then that's good enough for me.

It's all good saying throw the younger players in but sometimes it's just not beneficial.

Problem with Hibbert at right back isn't defensively, it's that it cripples us going forward. We're going to be very reliant on the right and Wolfsburg will know that we won't threaten from the left so they can opt for a less defensive option on that side.

He won't be anywhere near the right and shouldn't be if Coleman is Fit.

"If" he plays it'll be at left back again.

Guest millwallforever

It's game day, and I'm a little nervous about this one. I'm hoping for a draw but expecting a loss. If we win, it will be a big achievement

Nothing to be nervous about. A little Siberian vodka will allow you to chill out. Brian Clough would treat the European Cup as a sightseeing tour; we should do the same.

Didn't realize this was an 'early' night game. As is it'll be on at 10 my time and I won't be able to catch any of it with work. Will try to put the audio on if I can hide for a couple hours.

Would've liked Garbutt to get a few minutes recently before throwing him straight in against the best team in the group, but what can you do. No way Mirallas will last more than about 60, so let's hope that McGeady can. Not quite sure how we're going to attack in this game, don't really expect either of the fullbacks to be bombing forward and we don't really have a playmaker in the middle of the park. Going to be a strange one I reckon.

Don't see us scoring many and don't see a clean sheet either. Scoring draw would be a good result. COYB

Guest rusty747

I am in Manila and have got up at 1-30am to watch this, and am flying to Dubai at 9-00 am, so don't let me down lads.

NSNO

Sin Miedo

Edited by rusty747

I am in Manila and have got up at 1-30am to watch this, and am flying to Dubai at 9-00 am, so don't let me down lads.

NSNO

Sin Miedo

I'm actually in Canada now (despite my user name), but I'll certainly have a look see if SportsNet is replaying it (they are showing it live, but I don't have PVR).

Good to see the fanbase making the effort from all around the world! Greetings from Africa!