IGNORED

Wolfsburg (A)

Guest millwallforever

What does excite me is if we keep being solid defensively we will score goals as we are so dangerous on the counter attack. Mirallas makes such a difference. Brilliant player, please sort his contract out sooner rather than later. Remember we were without Naismith, Coleman, Baines, Stones, Barry, Pienaar, Oviedo, Gibson and Alcaraz tonight and we still won 2-0 to the 2nd team in Bundesliga. We're getting better and better and with the Prem so open this season there's no reason why we can't make a fight for fourth.

To be honest, keep improving and get some of those players back then 4th is nailed.

Martinez just needs to keep getting the starting 11 right when he has all or most back.

What does excite me is if we keep being solid defensively we will score goals as we are so dangerous on the counter attack. Mirallas makes such a difference. Brilliant player, please sort his contract out sooner rather than later. Remember we were without Naismith, Coleman, Baines, Stones, Barry, Pienaar, Oviedo, Gibson and Alcaraz tonight and we still won 2-0 to the 2nd team in Bundesliga. We're getting better and better and with the Prem so open this season there's no reason why we can't make a fight for fourth.

exactly, we have a deep squad, and after some rough matches we are finally starting to see things click. winning terribly played games, grinding out results, and getting a fair amount of luck on our side (disallowed 1st goal). great time for Everton.

Remember we were without Naismith, Coleman, Baines, Stones, Barry, Pienaar, Oviedo, Gibson and Alcaraz tonight and we still won 2-0 to the 2nd team in Bundesliga.

Remember we were without Naismith, Coleman, Baines, Stones, Barry, Pienaar, Oviedo, Gibson and Alcaraz and, for much of the game, McCarthy tonight and we still won 2-0, away from home, to the 2nd team in the Bindesliga.

A lot more than we have. Im guessing 18-20 mil

Edit* 17.6 mil according to transfermarkt so add 5 mil to that and youll be close

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kevin-de-bruyne/profil/spieler/88755

If he's outside of the budget then so be it. Seen him a couple of times and he just looks very good everytime. But you have to give tons of credit to our guys. That's a team that is #2 in the Bundesliga and we beat them with a combined score of 6-1. Looking forward to Sunday and hoping we maintain form. Also, we could use some health. (Credit to the backups who have filled in admirably.)

Guest millwallforever

Just a few words on Wolfsburg: it is the most depressing city I have ever visited in my life. A veritable corporate shithole. The precursor to the city was founded in 1938 by - wait for it - Adolf Hitler. :yay: In other words, unlike so many honourable German cities, Wolfsburg has no history, or a dubious one at best...as a Nazi car park. Yes, there was a castle named Wolfsburg prior to that, but there was never a city. The present city of Wolfsburg is actually a post-war creation of the British. From 1945 and onwards, different parts of Germany were occupied by UK, US, Soviet Union, and France. They made geographical amendements to the German territory as they saw fit, and Wolfsburg was one of the byproducts of these machinations. The funny thing is that 'Wolf' was also one of the nicknames of Adolf Hitler. :rofl:

Most of the Wolfsburg fans I met were not even from the city; they were from Hannover. Very polite and wholly devoid of the footballing passion you can expect from the the illustrious and legendary fans of teams such as Union Berlin, Dynamo Dresden, 1860 München, and St Pauli. These were the kind of people who attend a game because someone gave them tickets for free. Yes, the Wolfsburg fans were loud and they sang a lot, but there was something altogether artificial and fishy about the whole spectacle.

The behaviour of the Evertonians was impeccable; as was the conduct of the German police. Credit to them both.

Howard 7

Hibbert 7.5

Garbutt 8

Jagielka 8.5

Distin 8

McCarthy 6.5

BESIC 8.5 (took responsibility when McCarthy went off; born leader)

Mirallas 8

McGeady 7

Lukaku 8.5

Eto'o 7.5

Atsu n/a (but looked sharp)

Osman 8

Barkley 7.5

Edited by millwallforever

Remember we were without Naismith, Coleman, Baines, Stones, Barry, Pienaar, Oviedo, Gibson and Alcaraz and, for much of the game, McCarthy tonight and we still won 2-0, away from home, to the 2nd team in the Bindesliga.

And for all those injuries not only was the starting line up solid, so was the bench.

Good times ahead!

And for all those injuries not only was the starting line up solid, so was the bench.

Good times ahead!

Exactly. We have a very strong squad and players are now starting to play well. Hibbert's form has been a massive bonus for me. Very solid and reliable and after the first game at Swansea I never thought I'd hear myself say that. I agree about Naismith on the counter attack. Away from home, I'd rather have Barkley, Mirallas, Lukaku and McGeady with their pace. At home though, we have to play him as he will get us goals.

Besic looked very good.

Tried to be a bit too comfortable on the ball at times and took players on when he was the last man.. Could have turned out a lot differently.

Also went on a great run but held on a little too long.

Generally I thought he looked like the proverbial rough diamond. Can't wait till the edges are smoothed...He's going to be a beast of a player. Reidy mold?

I agree with your about Besic, and he could become very important. Our recent strategy of building a cadre of younger players is already paying off. McCarthy, Barkley, and Besic might soon become the core in midfield. In the next 12 months or so, I can see Stones, Garbutt, Browning, and Galloway coming to the fore in defence. Then there are Henen and McAleny to join Lukaku up front. Add to this a couple of astute signings, and what potential for the future!

I agree with your about Besic, and he could become very important. Our recent strategy of building a cadre of younger players is already paying off. McCarthy, Barkley, and Besic might soon become the core in midfield. In the next 12 months or so, I can see Stones, Garbutt, Browning, and Gallowaycoming to the fore in defence. Then there are Henen and McAleny to join Lukaku up front. Add to this a couple of astute signings, and what potential for the future!

So you think those three are going to come in for Coleman, Jagielka and Baines in the next 12 months? Doubtful, maybe only Garbutt will be real competition. The other two I don't think are ready to step in and compete regular. We need a couple of signings at the back when Alcaraz & Distin depart in the summer.

So you think those three are going to come in for Coleman, Jagielka and Baines in the next 12 months? Doubtful, maybe only Garbutt will be real competition. The other two I don't think are ready to step in and compete regular. We need a couple of signings at the back when Alcaraz & Distin depart in the summer.

No, I don't think they will come in for Coleman, Jagielka, and Baines; they'll join them. We need a core of solid defenders with the increasing number of games being played, and I can see Garbutt, Browning, and Galloway joining that core - gradually displacing Distin, Hibbert, and Alcaraz. These youngsters should get to play more and more during the transition.

I really hope some of these younger players get to start against Krasnodar.

That was Lukaku right there. How did he nearly fuck thatup?! After he recovered what was a miscontrol of a through ball to put him one on one his finish was tremendous.

He really has got to sort those feet out, his finishing is as good as I've said.

Completely agree, that moment summed him up as he is now. The holdup play and pass for the second was a great example of the potential we paid for.

Only saw the highlights so can't comment further.