IGNORED

Antonee Robinson

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, sibdane said:

Good luck to him. Sad to see him go, as he was the only American potentially pushing for some game time here, but it's for the best.

Need him to succeed and develop, because the USA doesn't have anything close to a solid LB.

He was never going to get game time save a bad injury to Digne and Baines. Even then I think Marco would’ve just tried 3 at the back. 

Hope he gets a chance to push on, but got a feeling he’s found his level

• 6 months later...

ROBINSON TO AC MILAN?

AC Milan remain interested in Wigan full back Antonee Robinson.

There have been discussions between the two clubs regarding the 22-year-old, who joined the Championship side last summer for £2m from Everton. However, Milan will only proceed with a deal if they sell Ricardo Rodriguez who looks likely to leave this window. 

Everton will receive a percentage of any profit Wigan get for the player who could cost Milan up to £10m. 

28 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Looked nowhere near a top league player in the few glimpses we got of him. 

Agreed. But don't underestimate the draw of bringing American players to a club, even one who might not be a superstar. It might be because I'm American, but it almost feels as if our players have become semi-fetishized by clubs hoping to gain more ground in the US market. 

Obviously this is Milan we're talking about, so I doubt that's the reason they're going after him. They must see something there. But there is something to be said about the draw of American players. Hell, it's one of the reasons I fell in love with this club. 

15 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Agreed. But don't underestimate the draw of bringing American players to a club, even one who might not be a superstar. It might be because I'm American, but it almost feels as if our players have become semi-fetishized by clubs hoping to gain more ground in the US market. 

Obviously this is Milan we're talking about, so I doubt that's the reason they're going after him. They must see something there. But there is something to be said about the draw of American players. Hell, it's one of the reasons I fell in love with this club. 

No doubt there will be more Americans watching AC Milan now. 

• 6 months later...