IGNORED

Antonee Robinson

• 5 weeks later...

Fox Sports commentators picked on him ALL game for getting burned by Costa that one time for the cross that lead to the goal.  Very harsh in my option.  Probably the biggest game he has ever played and not like someone else in the lineup could handle that pace.  American commentators are the worst.  Not to mention that the other 3 players in the back line were all in the box and not a single one of them cared to pick up Firmino.  Straight up ball watching. The USMNT never had a chance, so not sure why a scapegoat was needed?  (on a positive note: the usmnt's midfield did look promising, hoping they continue playing the youngsters so they can grow together)

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 11:15, Matt said:

No way he gets ahead of Digne. Maybe another season on loan, assuming Baines stays an extra year. If not, I’d happily have him as back up based on the reviews. 

Agreed. I think if Baines stays another loan would be the best option for Robinson. If Baines leaves I imagine he'd stay for back-up and/or make some cup appearances.

9 hours ago, sibdane said:

He had a pretty terrible game last night against Jamaica. He definitely needs to go back out on loan.

To be fair to him though, the whole team was garbage last night(what else is new?).  

I thought he was really, really bad. I badly want him to succeed, but I don't see him at the premier league level right now. And I'd honestly be surprised if he ever gets there. Not writing the guy off, but he's been mostly bad for the USMNT.

14 hours ago, Keith B said:

I thought he was really, really bad. I badly want him to succeed, but I don't see him at the premier league level right now. And I'd honestly be surprised if he ever gets there. Not writing the guy off, but he's been mostly bad for the USMNT.

I agree. He had a really good first game but since then he's been dire. I'll be more interested to see him when he has better players around him in Pulisic, Adams, & Weah.

On 06/06/2019 at 19:12, Keith B said:

No worse than every single player for the USMNT the last two games.  So poor.  The whole lot.  Hard to watch really. Fairly certain the championship teams he has been loaned out to the past two seasons would run riot on them. Certainly would benefit more from another loan vs playing for the USMNT.

At least our women's team is entertaining...  First game today! 

On 11/06/2019 at 10:42, plaidharper said:

No worse than every single player for the USMNT the last two games.  So poor.  The whole lot.  Hard to watch really. Fairly certain the championship teams he has been loaned out to the past two seasons would run riot on them. Certainly would benefit more from another loan vs playing for the USMNT.

At least our women's team is entertaining...  First game today! 

Very true. The whole USMNT sucks right now and Wigan would probably beat them 4-0. The USWNT, on the other hand, are sublime.

On 06/06/2019 at 09:00, sibdane said:

He had a pretty terrible game last night against Jamaica. He definitely needs to go back out on loan.

To be fair to him though, the whole team was garbage last night(what else is new?).  

I'm not sure why he was played further up the pitch like a winger than as a fullback. He looked very uncomfortable trying to play a creative role, but to be fair, he is a LB. He is very one-footed. He can put in pretty decent crosses, but getting the ball up the pitch with his back towards the goal isn't his strength, but that's also ok, because, well, he isn't a LW/LM he's a LB...I hate he didn't make the 23 man Gold Cup roster, but our current system doesn't really use a true LB much - but he still would have been cover. The kid just needs to keep playing.