IGNORED

Man City

markjazzbassist

I know it's wrong topic but found out why distin has been out. The lass he was knocking off, pretending to be a milkman has been showing up at finch farmcausing uuproar. Bobby told him to stay away and get his head straight.

I actually hope that's true. But they have security gates etc????

City were no great shakes. A good result if we're weighing up the opposition on reputation. They're a different animal with Aguero on the pitch though.

Still not impressed with the way we're playing. I think it took us 40mins to have a shot. Mirallas comes on at 75mins - too late. He literally waited until we went behind. Ordinary performance from an ordinary side.

But it builds confidence and momentum. Two draws in succession where we came from behind. In other threads, most agreed that a few ugly wins and draws are quite OK - and this wasn't particularly ugly.

But nothing... I'm not looking to argue with anyone. The performance was ok. But it's still not right!

Edited by MC11

City were no great shakes. A good result if we're weighing up the opposition on reputation. They're a different animal with Aguero on the pitch though.

Still not impressed with the way we're playing. I think it took us 40mins to have a shot. Mirallas comes on at 75mins - too late. He literally waited until we went behind. Ordinary performance from an ordinary side.

Definition of MC11

Always negative, will always be stuck in his ways,as creative on a keyboard as mgeady is with a ball.

This love in with Mirallas has to stop also. He is a good player but we had to defend for most the game and he hasn't gotit in his locker. He also looked like he was sulking when he came on.

Definition of MC11

Always negative, will always be stuck in his ways,as creative on a keyboard as mgeady is with a ball.

This love in with Mirallas has to stop also. He is a good player but we had to defend for most the game and he hasn't gotit in his locker. He also looked like he was sulking when he came on.

Yeh because McGeady can defend.

Oh what to do with Ross !

We need to replace Osman and Pienaar, selling Barkley, would allow us to buy 3 good players.I'd rather we keep him and he becomes another Gerrard, but is it really going to happen.There was talk of £50 million +.

He was tidy today, couple of decent runs but maybe he's peaked.

You can see we need new players, maybe the funds will be there and we can let Ross have more time.

Much better performance, really pleased with Coleman, Naismith, Lukaku and Stones.

A bit of

Both. We went direct a lot more but also showed loads of intensity when we didn't have the ball - Naismith and Lukaku on their defence seeped into the rest of our players.

A fully deserved point, and a great performance for us to take into our coming games.

Could not agree more, it was great to see a bit of urgency for once and I think that got the crowd onside as well. Bit of an atmosphere today for a change

A bit of

Could not agree more, it was great to see a bit of urgency for once and I think that got the crowd onside as well. Bit of an atmosphere today for a change

How we've been playing lately has kept Goodison quite and made them nervous, this translates to the players.

We played well today. You have to remember that we were playing against the champions today who have won 8 of their last 9.

They dominated us for periods of the first half but what do you expect with our recent run and confidence.

Besic, Barry, Naismith, Lukaku, Stones wereall very good today. Jagielka infuriated me the way he laughed when he made that mistake in the first half I was fucking livid the way he was so blase about it like it didn't matter and he's our captain. Second half he was much better though.

Robles never done much wrong baines was ok, coleman I thought showed flashes of his old self but flattered to decieve at times and Mcgeady is one of the worst players I've seen in an Everton shirt since the 90s he is fucking woeful and Barkley pissed me off AGAIN. Makes me proper laugh the way Lukaku gets hammeredfor his cba approach yet Barkley never bothered his arse jumping for a single header, when he was chasing a man back if he lost a yard he just trotted off to the side of the run and watched. No effort . He's not interested unless he has the ball at his feet and is running with it and even then he wants 7 touches too many. Lazy pre madonna who has fallen for his own self importance. He's still develloping though as we all know, he'll learn with age! :lol:

Special mention for Lukaku who again showed if he is given a chance to play in a way that suits his style he's a fucking monster. Different keeper than Hart today and he has minimum 2 goals. 2 fantastic saves and one very good one but Lukaku running at defenders is just fantastic to watch.

Give him the ball where he needs it and he'll cause problems to ANY side.

Besic MoM though another belta performance for me.

Cheers for my first game at Goodison Park today! I haven't been active because I have been in London for a month, and I finally got to go the grounds today for my first match. Just got back from Liverpool.

Impressions on the game: Joel Robles is rocky, but his kicking accuracy is much better than Howard's

- Feels so good to have Stones back in the line-up, much better than Distin in every way. Big aerial threat, particularly on defending corners. Past mistakes have included leaving a man free on the far post for the extra cross or shot.

- Besic is a work in progress. Very talented player, but lacks confidence at times.

- McGeady is our weakest link. How the hell is this guy starting.

- Lukaku is fantastic. We need to play more direct to him. Lukaku and Naismith were the only players who showed up to play 90 mins.

Impressions on my first time in Liverpool:

- Being from the U.S., you hardly never see anyone with Everton kits, and it felt so great to be at Lime St and you just see everyone with their kits and scarves ready to go. You feel the energy and just being in Liverpool with my Everton jersey really energized the hell out of me. More importantly, I only saw one koppite.

- Goodison Park is more beautiful that I could have expected. I really understood what people mean when they say it is a more "classical" ground.

- The energy in the stadium was fantastic. Singing "Grand Old Team," yelling at McGeady, and shouting down Man City fans was a blast.

This is really a world class team.

Lovely post, really happy you enjoyed the experience.

Cheers for my first game at Goodison Park today! I haven't been active because I have been in London for a month, and I finally got to go the grounds today for my first match. Just got back from Liverpool.

Impressions on the game: Joel Robles is rocky, but his kicking accuracy is much better than Howard's

- Feels so good to have Stones back in the line-up, much better than Distin in every way. Big aerial threat, particularly on defending corners. Past mistakes have included leaving a man free on the far post for the extra cross or shot.

- Besic is a work in progress. Very talented player, but lacks confidence at times.

- Lukaku is fantastic. We need to play more direct to him. Lukaku and Naismith were the only players who showed up to play 90 mins.

- Being from the U.S., you hardly never see anyone with Everton kits, and it felt so great to be at Lime St and you just see everyone with their kits and scarves ready to go. You feel the energy and just being in Liverpool with my Everton jersey really energized the hell out of me. More importantly, I only saw one koppite.

- Goodison Park is more beautiful that I could have expected. I really understood what people mean when they say it is a more "classical" ground.

- The energy in the stadium was fantastic. Singing "Grand Old Team," yelling at McGeady, and shouting down Man City fans was a blast.

Brilliant isn't it! Made up you got the chance to live it

absolutely magical isnt it? Myself and half a dozen mates went over from Sydney about two years ago and I fell in love with the city and that vibe on game day. I was actually planning on moving over for a couple of years now I finished my degree back home but it fell through. Was devastated cause I couldnt wait to get back to Goodison Park on a Saturday arvo.

Agghhh I hate what my job makes me do.

20% of passes made being long versus a team who had the majority of possession does not tell the story. Both keepers went long. Robles 29/30 went for what is considered a long ball (goal kick whatever). Hart went 22/24.

Besic made most passes 54. Of those only 5 were long. Less than 10%.

The highest long ball percentage for an outfield player was jags, 31 passes, 9 long ball, only 3 found the target. 74% accuracy.....

The conclusion, we are clearing lines but not doing so accurately. We are not benefitting from an offensive perspective. The 20% figure is that because relevant to other games we were well down on possession which makes Robles long balls inflate the percentage figure.

Just cutting through the noise.

BTW John Stones, 29 passes, 3 long balls 3 found target... 89% accuracy.

It's not the style it's the players. I'm happy for jags to hoof if he can't give it to stones.

We were 166 passes short of our average. Robles alone made up for 10% of our long balls. In an average game that would be 6% due to higher pass volume.

Edited by Hafnia