IGNORED

Luke Garbutt to Liverpool

Interesting debate this.

Basically my two cents is this.

He's 22 in May. Sit the lad down. Explain that he is Evertons future Number 1 left back. Sign a contract and he will play in cup games and get at least 20 minutes in most fixtures. Within 1 year he will be expected to be challenging Baines for the first team spot. If this doesn't happen we will sell him at an agreed price.

He can't ask for much fairer

agreed, but can't see us selling Baines. That would be a massive mistake.

Or here's a left field suggestion......

Sell Baines for £12m+ - someone will deffo pay that, Spurs, Arsenal, City.

Put that money into a class centre half. Oviedo can cover at Left back.

I could see that, but then again does Everton want to give away the best left back in Europe :dont know: ?? Putting Oviedo into the mix I wonder where that leaves Garbutt then. Oviedo plays left outside mid, and Garbutt is Everton's future Leftback. or vice-versa.

I dont think Besic has shown enough yet

It'd still send a bad message to Besic, IMO. Let's forget you've marked Messi and Bale out of games, and looked better each time you've played for us, you're going to have to sit on the bench while we convert a LB coming into his last few years at the top into a midfielder... Yeah, I see that going down a treat!

I have big hopes for Besic, you can see that there is a great footballer in him. I guess i have bigger hopes for him.

Romey, I do see your point but Besic cant offer the same set of skills as Baines. He does not have the eye for that breaking ball. One of Baines best skills. And lets face it RM would rather keep one old and experienced in CM. I dont think that he would prefer to play McCarthy, Besic and Barkley in the middle. Not yet anyways.

Four consecutive; I think he's shown plenty personally.

We all root for the new guys to succeed, so rose tinted goggles on in the beginning can tally up some extra votes in the mom thread.

Dont get me wrong, Besic has done ok. Might wven say good but after seing some of his performances in the national team I have bigger hopes.

I think he came in to his first game wrong and that it might have had an effect on him. (Causing that goal, cant remember who it was against)

We all root for the new guys to succeed, so rose tinted goggles on in the beginning can tally up some extra votes in the mom thread.

Dont get me wrong, Besic has done ok. Might wven say good but after seing some of his performances in the national team I have bigger hopes.

I think he came in to his first game wrong and that it might have had an effect on him. (Causing that goal, cant remember who it was against)

It's his four most recent games, not his first four.

Be interesting to see how many MOTMs McGeady got when he arrived, or Bilyaletdinov (AEK aside).

maybe he gets dropped because he hasn't got a brain he keeps diving in and looks like he's going to get sent off all the time.

Disagree, he tends to get an early yellow while introducing himself to the opposition but then knows he can't do it again so he doesn't. I was worried about it happening but he's not got close to a red as far as I can remember.

why get booked in the first place you know and I know once you get booked you cant bee as effective in the game.

dont get me wrong I hope he will learn for he could be a good player for us..

He doesn't get intentionally booked but he puts the fear of god into the opposition; puts a marker down early.

He can then be effective because they'll be scared to go near him :).

He did play well last night mate. He's been awful but everyone has been.

Had this discussion with Mark I think, I only saw the second half and he saw him doing what he's been doing this season; silly passes, losing possession, getting us into trouble. Unless he had a stellar first half, I'm perplexed.

Had this discussion with Mark I think, I only saw the second half and he saw him doing what he's been doing this season; silly passes, losing possession, getting us into trouble. Unless he had a stellar first half, I'm perplexed.

I thought he was pretty decent all game tbh but we all see it different I suppose.

Luke Garbutt's preference is to stay with #EFC beyond this year. But he wants assurances over 1st team opportunities, which he isn't getting

I wouldn't mind seeing Baines in the midfield from time to time and Oviedo/Garbutt rotating at LB. Especially because Oviedo can also play as a LM/LW