IGNORED

David Marshall

I remember being very impressed by him during Cardiffs brief stint in the Premier League. With him being 30, coming into his prime years for goalkeeping, 10m over 4-5 years is not bad. Would be even better if we could get them to drop it to 7 and take Howard!

Guest rusty747

I remember being very impressed by him during Cardiffs brief stint in the Premier League. With him being 30, coming into his prime years for goalkeeping, 10m over 4-5 years is not bad. Would be even better if we could get them to drop it to 7 and take Howard!

I hadn't thought of that option. Great idea.

• 1 month later...

I agree that Stoke will not sell Butland. I think the TV money is going to make a seismic change to the transfer market.

No longer will Premier league teams be selling their best players to stay afloat.

Players will only move from one premier team to another if the player or the players agent really wants a move.

The transfers will be mainly from foreign teams to the Premier league because the foreign clubs don't get the same TV money, or from lower leagues to the premier for the same reason.

The great thing about this season is the best emerging players have come from lower league teams.

The FA Cup was a good showcase for some good players.

Can we finally sign an emergency third keeper this summer? Offer Richard Wright 4K/week. It seriously worries me that one of these years we will be forced to our third keeper due to injury or suspension and we will stick some 18 year old in the sticks whose best hopes are for a career in non-league football (Springthorpe)

Can we finally sign an emergency third keeper this summer? Offer Richard Wright 4K/week. It seriously worries me that one of these years we will be forced to our third keeper due to injury or suspension and we will stick some 18 year old in the sticks whose best hopes are for a career in non-league football (Springthorpe)

Stanek seems to be above Springthorpe in the pecking order. Could be a diamond :).

That's what I meant. I forgot who our emergency keeper would be. I wouldn't want Stanek or Griffiths anywhere near the first team unless they truly are showing promise of being half-decent keepers.

Springthorpe isn't even here anymore is he? Or have I imagined that?

If he is then Griffiths is ahead of him too.

Why would Stoke sell Butland to us? Except for silly money. We are not in a position to force a move either (Butland won't demand a move). He would be ideal, mind.

Cos we are billionaires now! :jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

That's what I meant. I forgot who our emergency keeper would be. I wouldn't want Stanek or Griffiths anywhere near the first team unless they truly are showing promise of being half-decent keepers.

There's a reason why Stanek has been taken to all our games to train with the keepers beforehand even though he's not on the natch day squads; he's highly rated.

Wasn't aware of this. Just don't want someone whose ability tops out in non-league football ever between the sticks for us.

I think Stanek was actually one of Roberto's first signings (don't quote me on that though), so he must have something about him (to Roberto at least).

Edited by Romey 1878